1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Gifting Disabled

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. TruDeath

Banned?.. 72 hour,bs?... crush peoples accounts! Take their TeT/PENS, or w/e they scammed up, something more than a slap on the wrist, and dont reward them by making them "partners".. just saying.

Schwertfee likes this.
  2. Mikey9225

im 100% on board with this because people were getting scammed left and right . hopefuly theyll find a better solution to this Good job PA =)

3. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

it says tempary.. give them time to find a better way to handle this...
    and that is coming from a probably well know poor tamer who gets most of their costumes from pearling things out...

but the amount of discounted pearls and fraud is pretty bad atm
    been a few times ive put world chat msg up trying to pearl out boxes and have gotten replies from ppl trying to sell me discounted pearls

no doubt it will be back. probably in time for black friday/cyber monday sales or the latest xmas sales

maybe the mp changes that were teased back with the remaster tease or when ever will help some

4. Sigerith

Sigerith Tamer 61 NA

Some things that would solve a lot of issues and still make the game money;
    1. Disable gifting (done)
    2. allow all pearl items to be listed on market (splat outfit etc..)
    3. allow direct player to player trade.
    4. actually have in-game gm's monitor chat for gold sellers etc. and ban on first post.
    5. make the market place user driven not price restricted. More people would run bosses, sell items, etc.
    You will never get rid of gold sellers/scammer, unless you have active gm's monitoring it. so why punish the players with a min.max economy and inability to direct trade/purchase. Take a look at GW1 trading, eve online (who you guys are buying), or any combination of MMO's out there.
    Just my thoughts, flame away.

Schwertfee likes this.
  5. KeiirValk

Honestly, if anybody should be banned for something it should be this. Not only is it highly unethical in the sense of using gifted pearls knowingly from stolen credit cards because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if they WERE using legitimate money sources, they would be losing 50% profit every transaction they make when they sell gifted pearls but also are making massive gains since the game has insane p2w **** in the pearl shop.

Botters are so irrelevant compared to this level of scamming. Not defending any botting or anything but at least they're just using a program to make some gains with game currency.

These people are accomplices in actual illegal activity outside of the game, not to mention against the ToS entirely and have no problem using people's stolen credit cards to better themselves.

I mean, if these people aren't banned, then you might as well not ban botters too.

Tiffa and Nepheisa like this.
  6. Narkemo

Narkemo Narkemo Musa 61 NA

Happy early Birthday

7. KeiirValk

People are also too bent on the whole selling items in world chat for pearls. This is not the reason they took it down, it's solely because outfits can be melted and outfits sell for 4x what they used to sell for. in the MP. Selling items in the world chat for pearls has always been a thing, and they don't suffer massive charge backs with this so it's always been fine and never has changed.

Stop thinking they're doing it because it's detrimental to the player base. It's not why they're doing it.

What it comes down to is their reputation with their merchant provider. With the amount of charge backs they're receiving in the past months since this outfit melting patch was released, they have noticed a substantial amount of fraudulent charges which literally translates to charge backs. If they get too many they will be dropped from their merchant provider or suffer highly increase merchant processing % rates per transaction which is a direct money loss for them.

Again, doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand they mentioned "within the past few months" ... Past few months was when they released the melting outfits for cron patch and the increased MP value on outfits.

They literally do not care about if the people in the game are hurt or not, and are not going to seek a QoL solution for this. They only care about improving their charge back ratio and figuring out a way to keep it up while allowing gifting to continue to be in the game. That is a route I'm not sure they'll be able to take.

Anybody in a background of business or has had to deal with merchant accounts and processing would know this.

Nepheisa and TruDeath like this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i agree, ban buyers of charged back pearls also. they knew what they were doing when they were paying those people to gift them outfits.

9. Narkemo

That's really nice and awesome of you to do that, I used to do it sometimes. :( sucks you can't do it for awhile,

10. Narkemo

Good thing I don't have any friends to gift. :(

11. KeiirValk

#3 alone would introduce more bots than the game has ever had to deal with since it's existence in NA/EU. I don't think you understand the effect of player vs player trading in a market like this. If the game was more skill-based with equalized end-game gear then I don't see this being a problem but it's not, your effectiveness is entirely dependent on the amount of materials, money and high end gear you have.

3rd party botting services would sky-rocket and people would just paypal money and do player vs player trading. This goes entirely against PA/Kakao's business concept since they don't make any money from it. They want progression gated behind pearl items so they make money when you need to progress along with your investment of time.

Satya and TruDeath like this.
  12. Tehorous

Ffs no!
    My friend want to gift me halloween outfit for helping him from the start and now you disabled gifting!?
    Dude come on -.-

13. david444555

Thats actually not true. Some of these sellers have claimed that they are using steam's (currently/ongoing) horrible currency exchange system to buy pearls using usd in a different country then via vpn. Then coming back to NA through steam acc settings after purchasing a **** ton of pearls under a diff currency. I looked it up and venezuela is 60% less than usd so... some of these people arent using stolen credit cards.

TruDeath likes this.
  14. david444555

Edit: Sorry didnt mean to write it in a way that sounded like there are no stolen credit cards (method wise)... but im just saying there are different ways other than stolen credit cards. Which obviously doesnt make it right, but how are pearl buyers, service sellers, guild payout (smhing fund sellers) supposed to know where these potential "scammers" got the pearls?

15. WhySoSeeryus

so, they should have understanding that someone PAID the other guy for cheaper pearls coz they messed with steam options instead of that guy just buying pearls on his onw? please. cmon. is that even excuse? "i bought indirectly coz it was cheaper and i never thought there was shady business behind it" sure. coz resellers are always cheaper than the producer, right? :D:D

Crimson_Scarlet and david444555 like this.
  16. david444555

Youre focusing on one part of the many reasons. So what if you sold plvl service for a simple valuepack and you get banned from this you wouldnt complain? Cuz the person who gifted you couldve been a scammer. Im not focusing solely on cheap pearl buyers.

Another example. If you listed anything on mp or you sold your seamonster hunting guild fund tiers to buyers. (for example) And you got your acc banned-due to the fraud that the buyer could have commited with chargeback-which youve been playing on for years-leaving your computer on overnight for days in the sake of afk lvling lifeskills. You wouldnt be slightly upset? Theres more to it than a "oh cheap pearls let me buy that" going on here.

#56 david444555, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  17. WhySoSeeryus

yea somehow i doubt some shady creditcard abuser would find you, a victim to powerlevel him for pearls. even if it was the case, i doubt you would get sanctioned (seriously) for 1 valuepack.

id ban everything related to selling payouts for money, be it pearls or not. its ruining the game.

18. david444555

Plvling him and he couldve used a different acc to send gifts. This isnt directed towards me its hypothetical situation.

And for selling payouts. Id have to disagree with you on banning, cuz if it was a bannable offense and PA actually stated that people selling tiers for pearls would be getting banned then no one would do it. But PA hasnt ever said anything about that. So just banning people out of the blue for selling tiers would be ridiculous.

#58 david444555, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  19. Shadow8125

Personally I have no issue with anyone gifting a real cash item to someone else.
    I've had guild members ask what everyone thought about offering pearls for an item put up on the MP and I told them that in my opinion it is stupid.
    You are offering someone real money, whether you give pearls before or after, for a chance to buy something on the MP and then trusting the person to follow their end of the deal.

It's a shame that people cannot follow what they say they will do but that is the way things are these days. The other side of that is people are not taking responsibility for themselves and thinking about whether this is something smart or not.

It is funny when people get upset when devs, or others, start deciding what they can and cannot do until people cannot control their own stupid.

I agree this is a good thing to stop but at the same time I would love to see people start using their heads. Stupid is still stupid even if stated politically correct.
    This game is a marathon, not a sprint. If you don't want to take time to go out and get the boss gear yourself or try and snipe from the MP, go play something else.

20. johnnified

We all know you did this because you have pearls on sale and dont want others gifting stuff in Mass. It is okay, we understand, no need to hide behind actually caring about scams to tell us. Just be honest.