1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Gifting Disabled

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Rhosyn

Hmm Maybe the population will stop being extorted for a little while by people selling Boss equipment for pearls and actually sell them regularly as intended.

2. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

I'd rather have them sit in my inventory to look at than have a laughable 90 mil.

Luxea likes this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i didnt say its bannable, ive said i would make it bannable. PA /kakao doesnt understand that they are sacrificing short term profit for a way bigger long term one with these seamonster shenanigans.

4. Vanadiel

So when will see the following 2 things implemented in the game:

1. MP revamp with option to list items for Pearls instead of silver.
    2. Ability to trade items for pearls between players.

Gifting of pearls would not be required once the above is implemented and with proper implementations scamming of pearls would not be possible anymore either. (the trade parts needs to be properly implemented to avoid people quick swapping items/pearls, but there's already good systems in other titles for this)

5. Trucknuts

Personally I don't give a ****. I don't gift pearls, nor do I buy anything with pearls other then the cash shop. I got my gear the old fashioned way, by grinding, enhancement and buying from the MP.
    I think they should focus less on this issue and more on fixing in game issues...

EvelynYudith likes this.
  6. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Its about time. Too many idiots selling guild payouts for pearls. I want to see them come to the forums and complaint about that.

7. Vividify

@GM Rhotaaz @CM Praballo
    I have a suggestion for how this could be better.

There could be a separation in Pearls purchased.
    Pearls purchased via Prepaid Cards and Pearls purchased via Credit.
    Pearls that are purchased via credit would not be able to be gifted. Pearls purchased via prepaid cards should be gifted. Any "fradulent" activity involving pearls purchsed via credit, could be an instant ban towards the account. This would result in less fradulent activites when it comes to gifting others as pearls purchsed via prepaid cards could not be charged back. Steam credit that is used to purchase pearls would be considered prepaid cards as i believe this could not be charged back. The only problem with this is that you guys would have to figure out how to implement prepaid cards into the system :^)

Example:

Prepaid Pearls: 5000
    Credit Pearls: 3000

This would help the current situation I believe.

8. IlClaudialI

I hope a solution is found soon @CM Praballo
    Being able to gift pearl items was the only way free players like myself had access to pearl shop items. You should not dismiss the potential revenue that free players are able to generate for your company, as I myself have incited an estimated 1.5k USD in sales for Kakao exclusively by successfully trading in-game items for pearl gifts, which is more than what some non-free players have spent on their own account. Personally, I only accept gifts on successful preorder/bid, never onlist, as I want both sides to leave happy. And I also think that it is nice nice that preorders aren't always 100% guaranteed so people can't just p2w/buy all their items from others with 100% success rate. I know some players frown upon others who ask for pearl gifts in exchange for in-game items, but those items typically take the person selling them to go out of their way several times and beat the odds/RNG in order to get that item. It requires effort and dedication as rng is not always going to be on one's side. The way I always saw this was, "I need that mount skill change item, but it doesn't drop in-game. But it doesn't matter, since I can go to Karanda and indirectly have that pearl item 'drop' from her (in the form of a dandelion box)." Now I can't do this anymore and free players like me are severely hindered. :(

Hopefully gifting, or something better, is enabled again soon. Oh and since gifting items is being reviewed, it would be also nice if you found a solution to gifting pearls directly (not just pearl items but the Pearl Boxes you buy with Kakao Cash). As I would like to have someone gift that currency to me so I can finally get the weight limit increase items that I have been missing because they are limited per family and can't be gifted.

#68 IlClaudialI, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Bebi likes this.
  9. Sandrituky

Sandrituky WhiteWolf Sorceress 62 EU

The only I will say is... Why is the "Report button" not working or disabled? It's suspicious.... why don't fix it? It is such an easy thing.
    It's been happening a lot of things these weeks that will decrease EU/NA population, and...
    almost we all suggest you...
    why don't lower Pearl Item prices 2x 3x? You will have 5x legit costumers and you will earn more money while you keep your population high.

10. Asterotis

During beta they asked players how much they were willing to pay for costumes and such, they held a vote and $25-$30 was the winner, I don't think pearl changes are going to happen again.

11. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

The end of BDO is near

12. Malaka135

This doesn't make much sense. Gifting has always been a nice feature to help out friends and sometimes trade items. It kept the economy within the game. The changes with costumes and cron stones has introduced a expensive but sure way to hit endgame gear. If the devs have an issue with people getting an unfair advantage by spending real money for in game progression, then they should be looking at their own pearl shop first.

What I think is happening :
    1. Most guilds keep track of the amount of money a player contributes to the guild and allots pay tiers to that player.
    2. That player may choose to sell some or all of their pay tiers to another player in exchange for pearl item.
    So you would think BDO isn't losing out on profit since someone is still spending money to buy that player the pearl item right? I believe those players who have the funds to purchase silver by gifting pearl items would still continue to spend in game regardless. They will probably focus on the costume for cron stones method. While those players who are trying to avoid spending money for pearl items will now have no choice but to take out the credit charge to buy their expiring value pack or the artisans needed to avoid hours of grinding for a few memory fragments. So this seems to target those who are really trying not to spend but now seem to have no choice but charge.

So what if guilds offer billions of silver in exchange for pearl items, at least your keeping the spending tied to the game. Now everyone is gonna use 3rd party payment processors like PayPal. Those desperate for gains in the game will now just switch over to a riskier method of paying.

What's next, reintroduction of gifting will probably require the player sending the gifts to have some minimum requirement of friends list or playtime to be eligible to gift. Maybe the removal of guild bonuses? Maybe the ability to buy silver for pearls straight out of the pearl shop? Or a 10,000 pearl item that guarantees a successful enchantment?

13. MaIefic

MaIefic TwinTaiIs Witch 62 NA

Kinda sad this is gone for now. I do a lotta giveaways and occasionally host prizes for my guild's 3v3 tournaments. Oh wells. Hopefully it'll be back soon! I spend more pearls on others rather than myself by far. Always awesome to be able to brighten someone's day with a gift, or hold over someone who needs a value pack in guild. <3

Samwyn likes this.
  14. Wildcard

b4 the "russian fiasco", I would have been sincerly pissed by a disable, cause I mostly put perals on my mains and distributed what I need through gifting to the other accs. But as I'm not interested in spending any money at all right now, thats just another validation of my decision. Thanks Kakao/PA for making things even easier for an old whale who already put WAAAY to much money into the game.

#74 Wildcard, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  15. Sililos

Its about time. Was getting so tired of seeing "Posting PEN Dandy for pearls." or the like.

16. Sililos

Its a pretty good way of doing things, just like Neverwinter and Star Trek Online.
    Pay 'silver'on a 'stock market' get 'pearls'.

As more pearls are posted and pile up, the price in silver drops, as the Pearl supply dries up, the price goes up.
    It also allows people to buy custom amounts. While i can see PA saying "But how will we get $30 in sales by charging 2500 for an outfit but only offering 10, 20 and 30 etc payment methods?" Well if they are smart and put the rate of silver to pearls in the right place ,it will take Silver out of the market and encourage more people to buy pearls to get Silver etc.

Or something like that anyway.

17. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Holy ****...the amount of people mixing pregifting into this. They already clarified that pregifting is fine months ago. This is about fraud - IRL. Guess some people didn't figure out how it can be done just by reading the opening post...

As for gifting, it's fine on it's own, raise the requirements to lvl 61-62, at least one character with 520+ gear score. Severely much harder to abuse now.

Im just not gonna sell the spare set of boss armors and weapons and failstack on them and if they go, I give it to my alts lmao. Still not gonna sell it for peanuts amount of silver on the market. I can make the silver in 1-2 hours on a whim, without SMH. I can't make the boss item in 1-2 hours on a whim.

Horrible idea. This will just make the system incredibly inconvenient for people who make purchases solely using credit card. And let's be honest. Not everyone's into fraud.

#77 Luxea, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  18. IlllIllIlllIlIllIll

Just allow pearl items to be pre-ordered, and start letting people put stuff like maids, and costumes (ghillies) on the Marketplace.

And as to being able to preorder pearl items.. have it so whoever puts in a preorder first (no matter the price) they will get it.

For example, joe is the first person to preorder an outfit for 120 mil silver. Bob Preorders the same outfit for 300 mil. Even though bob's preorder is higher, joe will get it since he was first.

19. Rokath

well crap - literally about to gift an item to a guild mate today because I just got paid :(

20. Ungvi

So, does this mean that the same group of people that swarm Karanda, and then immediately Kzarka will be out of businesses, only temporarily? That's a shame.