1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Gifting Disabled

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Vividify

I believe people can buy game cards with credit cards on other sites, which would be much more beneficial for PA.

2. Et3rnalnigh7

It is 10/20 and the option to gift pearl items is still available, did you guys change your mind already?

3. Kharognar

If you try to gift somethimg it drops ya an error message .Tried to gift an Elion to a friend and got it.

4. Rayin

The amount of potatoness is overwhelming, instead of checking which ways generate more silvers in game to stop abuses in an already crippled Marketplace and economy, now you're going to make people stack essential items that they don't need on alt chars or storages because you don't even change MP prices of certain things based on their demand & offer. Or they will just ask real money, 50 euro for a Vell's Heart when it could cost you a VP, 15 euro basically, so new players willing to spend in this game will see more money scammed out of them.

RTM is defeated actively banning accounts reported in a ticket that spam offers in world/server chat (free accounts shouldn't be able to send messages in there), keeping the price of the game up (10 euro, not 5 as you do lately when the game costed 30 euro once), browsing actively any site that sells account/services to ban both parts and such, not removing Pearl Gifting that is an inconvenience for everyone in game (since you don't bother to adjust prices once again) or who genuinely wants to gift stuff to friends and such.

You aggressively turned this game into a Freemium game already, don't cripple it further because you can't do anything right nor are willing to do it for marketing choices and to save up money.
    I don't care if it's temporarily to "prevent", your "temporarily" it's a freaking year or more, not 2 weeks or a month.

5. Nerenth

Just to make sure, so I can no longer gift my wife an Equipment Tailoring Coupon with my 1,500 pearls? She would now have to spend money herself for her own account to be able to buy it herself? This is retarded.

I'd like a GM's help/assistance to simply do this transaction as I just spent actual money to do so, please. Thanks. =)

6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

What kind of weird family you are if you still have "you own money" while married.

NannaOgg, Samwyn, Chaos Ronin and 2 others like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

That makes zero sense.

Also, names like yours should be forbidden ingame.

Dreadhood likes this.
  8. IlllIllIlllIlIllIll

Think what you want, i'm not going to argue with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And if they decided that the barcode names aren't allowed anymore, i'm fine with that as long as they send me a free family name change. Then I would gladly change it.

9. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Perl gift are working with steam money right? So someone find a way to cash out steam money and Kakao closing it right ?

10. Wakawaka

Does it mean BladeBoques can't buy anymore guild pay outs?

11. Boojangles

if it was first come first serve why would anyone preorder over the minimum?

12. LilithDragonFlower

WTF, Perhaps leave gifting enabled for those who have legally spent above $500+ USD on their accounts and not had a charge-back after 3 months????

Can't really comment on the fraud, because fraud is going to happen and easy to do given you can buy "Credit Card Numbers" on the dark web along with matching ID for $2 USD each and then do fraud using multi-layered VPN so the government can't track ya not that hard never don't it I just know how to.

Also the other problem with people selling Pearls for "Guild Payouts" this is happening because "Pearl Shop Items" are not making enough in-game cash to justify selling a costume for 100 million, the Cron Stone value of a costume is often over 200 million, and people who sale can't even make the same price in exchange thus if I swiped $100 in pearls and legally sold them for Billion Guild Pay-Outs without committing fraud it would be worth doing than selling them on the marketplace in game.

^ I would never sell costumes in game to other players only gifted some to friends / guild for free simply because marketplace selling of pearl shop items is never worthit.

Toq likes this.
  13. KeiirValk

Guild payouts are mostly done by hackers with multiple dummy guilds, 500+ accounts and rinse and repeat sea hunting before those accounts get banned. This is USUALLY only done through RMT , there are some guilds that did it with pearl gifting though. Usually they sell the "spot" for real money to the player and place them in X guild then run them a timer based on what they paid, then kick them once they're finished (or the player simply leaves the guild).

Selling pearls at a discounted rate is almost entirely from stolen credit cards, they are individual players buying them and since the cron melting patch they've seen a drastic spike in fraudulent transactions, this is entirely due to people melting crons to push pen attempts end-game. This is the main problem why they chose to disable it for now until they figure out a solution for it.

So they're essentially 2 entirely different issues. One is receiving attention while the other isn't. Ironically, the one that is hurting them more by hurting their charge back ratio to their merchant provider (PaymentWall btw) is the fraudulent transactions via discounted pearl gifted transactions. Meaning, they don't really care about the economy or integrity of the game's progression system as a whole, only their merchant account and charge back ratio and money loss. That is business though so I guess it makes sense from that perspective.

But I do think your idea of the 3 month no charge back is decent and would derail them making brand new accounts, running them to 50+ to get the gifting feature and then rinse and repeat the transactions and gift. I would put it at 6 months honestly but that would lock out new players from receiving benefits entirely for half a year.

14. Shenzaar

See it's not just a "barcode" name, it's a deliberate measure used to deceive, you know exactly why you chose it. Ghillie suits for names shouldn't be allowed.

15. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 62 NA
    Ambassador

I've seen several people doing this by now. But, it feels like they're only focusing on the pearls because they lose money from it. Instead, people are buying in-game currency using a similar means. Just not through pearls. Outside messaging services are often used.

Both need addressing. Both hurt the game in varying degrees.One hurts the players, one hurts the company. But, they both hurt the economy of the game. I just wish something would be done about this sooner, rather than later.

16. LilithDragonFlower

They should just make the game a free economy and then peopel could sell more costumes on the market at competitive prices.

17. Toq

Toq

Pretty strange RIGHT before an exclusive, 2018 outfit even though it's pretty ugly and last years was better. Just annoying since I gifted my girlfriend last week and recharged another hundred to gift her more. She's sitting right next to me but I now have 10K pearls and I have zero use for them on my account. I think making the change in such an awful way (oh an error, check the forums, oh they disabled it in the most unprofessional, courteous manor possible, right, kakao just being themselves).

I can tell you, Kakao has lost at least 90% of BDO players from any title you release in the future, you just treat us like garbage and have absolutely no respect for the fact we pay money into the game expecting features especially when THE BUTTON IS STILL ON THE STORE AND CLICKABLE.

It's ok, when the end of the quarter approaches they'll open it back up, profits over function, always, right CashCow?

18. IlllIllIlllIlIllIll

L
    lol, you misread that. I said ghillie suits should be allowed to be registered on the Marketplace....

Shenzaar likes this.
  19. oliver666

what is that? now i cannot send anything to my friends because of you banned gift system. that sucks

#99 oliver666, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  20. Tacarmato

Anything outside Black Desert Online is not their business.