1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Gifting Disabled

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Alicia Dominica

Hopefully they just "forget" about this like all the other stuff that was promised!

Scamming pearl gifts over trade-deals and other "services" is destroying what little balance there is left in this game between time- and money-investment. Stop freeloaders getting access to pearl-items and just leave gifting permanently disabled!

Tokigare and xCedric x like this.
  2. Fayaine

Great now im stuck with 60€ of Pearls and can't do anything with it :thumbsup:
    I was going to gift a friend some Artisan Memory's. Ofc Kakao has my money already so why would they even care right.
    Add some restrictions like dunno the same guild or something atleast.

3. dpxXx

Atleast give back money for people who paid for pearls to gift friends.

4. xCedric x

xCedric x Archer 60 EU

Exactly my thoughts...

Send no lifers to work and pay for their peals like everyone else.
    Now ppl who have no other purpose in life than hitting low geard ppl and be toxic wont have acces to cool stuffs, this is great.

5. NVG

NVG

Any chances for this to be re-enabled for the halloween events? It's very hard to motivate people to post items on marketplace without gifting any pearls ...

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they should get used to it imho. this whole real money bribery to make people sell stuff has gone out of hand anyway.

Shadow8125 likes this.
  7. mistermutiny89

You have one of the most obscenely expensive in-game cash shops I’ve ever seen. I have around $500 AUD left over as disposable income some weeks but do you really think I’m going to spend $50 of that on an outfit that is only bound to one character?! Get real.

Your greed causes these issues. If the prices were reasonable I’d be spending more, more people would want to play your game too.

You’ve gone to such lengths to ensure that certain game mechanics have as least quality of life as possible to drive people to spend, but you can’t get blood out of a stone. So people are trying to scam pearls out of others.

The game industry is a mess at the moment.. you either get buggy content, lacklustre content, or decent content with greedy **** running the show. Be ashamed PA/Kakao.

WhySoSeeryus and Xiao420 like this.
  8. Taela

Is there any update to this? I'd like to know when I will be able to use the gift feature again.

Cthulette likes this.
  9. Thierca

This is so right, real decent pearl pricing would solve 95% of the problems

10. Kokua

About 50% of my total BDO purchases went towards gifting, and about 90% of my recent purchases were for the purposes of gifting things to others, because I already have almost everything I'd want from the store. I had stopped playing a few months ago because my desktop got packed and shipped away, and I only returned for brief periods on my laptop to continue gifting people. I won't have my desktop for a few more months, and if I'm unable to gift others, I guess I have no reason to return for a few more months, at least. I guess I should thank you for saving my wallet from myself.

11. Mirthadrond

Wait???? Does this mean I can't buy pearl shop items and send them to my kids as gifts, or I can't send them pearls??

I want to buy each of them an outfit, and have the pearls I spend count towards my bonus rewards.

12. Hemuk

Are you guys gonna start answering tickets now that the Twitchcon cringe fest is over? I'm close to the 72 hour limit on the refund I need.

No GMs avaliable to respond tickets on pretty much the most busy pearl-spend-fest since release, cause of your goddamn event; great timing as always.

13. Mirthadrond

LOL.. very true. GW2 allows outfits to work on ALL of your characters. Pearls are the expensive.
    I'm frugal.
    If I can't get the +1500 pearls from dropping $100, I'm not buying them. If I miss the discounts on several items I currently want to buy, including the two outfits I want to send to my kids, I'm not buying.
    If I can then have my purchase count towards my bonus rewards event, again, not buying.

My apologies, but your outfit/pearl prices are just crazy high. I don't mind spending money, but if a deal is to be had... I definitely take it.

In comparison - just spent $12 on two outfits in GW2, account wide, for my kids, and they LOVE THEM, and I have to beg them to play BDO with me.

Thierca and Hyojin like this.
  14. Hyojin

The problem is you could do the whole written trans in discord, so you offer to PL people and say pst for info, whey they pst send them a discord link and tell them to talk to you on there... now PP or steam money.

15. † † †

Cool. The one time I want to gift something to my wife's account and I can't do it. -_-

16. WNxArcticwolf

See that's thats the scam right there. Oh gift me some pearls other guy says sure waits for the item never to apper on the market place. SCAMMED. Why do people fall for that crap i have no idea. So yeah thats the reason why they disabled it.

17. TeRRoRibleOne

People are selling pearl gifts for payouts and a majority of those guilds are making those funds through sea monster hunting..... some of which are exploiting. Maybe it's time to start deleting guilds and all their funds along with anyone's gains from those payouts. Start taking a harder stance.

Draconnix and capar1990 like this.
  18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

IF someone cheat he should not be in game, guild funds should be removed and everyone involved should be punished hard to set example.

19. IlIlIllI

4 you all who think that this would not take an effect and just change pearls to PayPal transactions: pearl gifting is/was legal, PayPal is not.

Next step: some kind of security department, with the main duty: to fine RMT offers on the internet.