1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Gifting Disabled

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Diliskar

Diliskar Enzia1 Mystic 56 EU

I guess they would gladly take the money, but they had to stop pearl gifting because ppl were selling steam accounts with money on it. And that money was from, afaik, stolen credit cards. So something illegal.

2. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

I don't know the ins and outs of the exploit here, but it's too bad we can no longer use these to help guild mates. We've done pet giveaways and value packs several times for attending guild events. It's sad we don't have a safe option for these anymore.

3. xDARKVALKYIREx

You know if your company had not disabled the proper player to player trading system you wouldn't be faced with this issue in the first place because a form of gifting could still be offered to players by flaging outfits to be directly tradable to another player, in turn taking away the need for a gifting system to be intergrated into the pearl shop where fraudulent transactions whould serve no benefit to the scamers in question.
    But we all know why you wouldn't do this practical approuch to fix the problem and that comes down to pour and utter greed, because you want everyone and mean everyone in your pearl shop and you know I am right.

4. Artorias_Dusk

I wanted to gift a guildmember these gay emojis. Thanks for not let me gift him this 150 pearls.

Kurano likes this.
  5. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

I do miss the gifting option :(

Aelisah and Tvvin like this.
  6. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I do as well. It would be nice to see it return, albeit with stricter conditions to reduce the demands of pearl gifts for listing items. Still maybe the ability to buy Pearl items more easily from the MP will have reduced this dodgy practice.

Perhaps something where we have to register up to 5 accounts we can gift to, which must be registered on our list for 30 days before we can gift to them. I like to give my spouse in-game gifts as surprises so it's kind of sad we can't do this anymore

Amarenda likes this.
  7. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

That was the big thing for me. Why pay money for your account and your spouse? Just have it added to one and they gift you your share. I also love giving my members gifts for special occasions.
    When we did community events we gifted prizes to the winners of things. (Jousting, races, etc) and now we can not.
    Unless you paypal them the money which is just unfair

8. Gramms

This is pathetic your paywall system is autistic I used my digital card and he blocked my transactions . So I wanted to give a gift to my gf and no way... You can't trade you can't give... Fix the gifting

#168 Gramms, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2019
    Kadmilos likes this.
  9. Aelisah

I miss gifting too :(

10. RNJaysus

RNJaysus Kunoichi 61 NA

I miss it as well...T_T

11. Kadmilos

This game is not cooperative multiplayer game. The only reason you see other players at all is so you can show off your pearl outfits (increases sales).

I think somebody in their team actually believes forcing each person to buy their own Pearls will increase sales... it's hard to imagine a kind of fool that would think that way, but apparently they're in charge of BDO...

12. Lilies

Still no solution on the horizon?

13. AzureStarz

AzureStarz AzureStarz DarkKnight 63

Nope and steamies still gift each other gift cards, sp they're only ****ing with people who wanna be nice to friends... changing the payout system to 2 weeks after joining a guild isn't enough apparently

14. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I do think it’s worth revisiting this. With the new CM in place and the ease witch which most listable Pearl Items can be purchased for silver now, we shouldn’t encounter as many people demanding Pearl Gifts to simply list an item for the possibility to win a blind bid like before.

Exploiting the system will always be a risk but that stands in there is a cash shop.

15. Icywave

No, leave it disabled, in this game you will never see a top-end item on the market ever again. PEN items ALREADY are being sold between friends without gifting, gifting only makes inner-trading that much easier.

You do realize it's actually much easier to sell high value items to people with this new system right?

You can physically choose pricing and specifically sell to people whereas before you had an RNG chance on 2 levels:

1. Will it go to pre-order or bid phase?
    2. Do I have the highest pre-order to ensure I actually even get the item?

That is erased with this new MP , so gifting is actually more harmful and would be done much more for that reason.

16. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

If a max preorder exists for a piece of top end gear, and someone lists one for sale, it will always get sold to the first person in the queue at max price. You can’t undercut and sell to your mate on the cheap. So if it’s actually a desirable piece with existing max bids, there isn’t any way to work the system. Gifting would make no difference to that

17. Icywave

Yes I understand that, if you still don't think top end gear isn't being sold off to specific people though ....

Gifting in this game simply doesn't work for the obvious reasons it's always never worked

People exploit it and use it as a form to gate the items they want to sell behind pearl walls of 1000+ in gifts.

Not to mention the massive amounts of charge backs BDO receives from dummy accounts using stolen credit card information on top of it. They don't want to piss off their merchant provider more than they already do.

There's obvious fixes to that problem though, but the problem will always arise with people selling things only if pearls are given up front.

Just doesn't work on this game.

18. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

you have that wrong
    it only goes to first person yo put the preorder up if the price IS NOT AT MAX CAP
    100% sure on this
    take Value Packs
    like 4k orders up and i know ppl that got 1 in less then a day of their order being up
    i have also gotten costumes when my order was the newest order put up

if they can find a way to prevent this issues they were having before, false charge back, steamies being hacked and creditcard info being stolen to buy pearls.. there is 0 reason for them not to bring gifting back

and they will rpobbaly bring it back for xmas anyway