1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Pearl gifting turned off AGAIN.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kiwi97, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Kiwi97

Why?
    For how long this time?
    I just wanted to gift my friend an outfit, turns out I can't. Also can not refund the pearls because the policy is straight up bad.
    They implemented that you had to have each other added for 7 days or something like that, why can that not be in place? This game experience and the pearl shop is getting worse and worse every update.
    Come on hey! Let me spend my pearls.

2. Murderingspork

Slowpoke.jpeg

3. Elsza

it's a christmas thing that will be yearly i think

4. xCedric x

xCedric x Archer 60 EU

Oh nice. I wont have to see those stupid messages again "wts muskan +0 pregift"

5. Asterotis

There were warnings in place that gifting wasn't permanent.
    The limit was 5 days not 7.
    The gifting was strictly for event purposes and there was no intention to bring it back permanently while they were still changing regulations for it.

It's been up long enough.

#5 Asterotis, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  6. Columba

GOOD! Keep it away.

7. Spectrari

I think it is because of some problems with Steam, maybe stolen accounts or something.

On RU server gifting is enabled and does not have any restriction, you can gift anytime and anyone.

8. Murderingspork

Russian servers are all put of whack.

And it's because people cant be trusted. People kept getting scammed so they took it out

9. RainnellLynnMitarius

People and new players are a little "dumb" mostly because they "pay" with gifts and irl money for fake services or items. The Gifting option was and had been permanent for a while but players abused it, players got scammed and because of their own stupidity! I do understand why Kakao decided to remove it. The numbers of complain of ppl giving out pearls to random strangers for "He said that for a Value pack he'd post the TETKzarka! I did and didn't win! SCAMMMM"

While it's unfortunate and that it's really HARD for even me and my husband as we can't put pearls on one account and just send each other gift for the leftovers, it is the price we have to pay for people being just dumb about it. OR until they "fix" this "scamming" problem which I presume won't ever happen anyways!

Soon I foresee Payouts either being harshly nerfed or entirely removed given that there are still sites that post about trading in-game silvers (payouts) for irl money, saying "it's 100% legit! it's safe! No bans!" Same goes with that one site that supposedly sold discounted "pearls" Like really? who falls for that?! This is how you get your account stolen with keyloggers.

So no, I rather have it removed and it be only a seasonal thing.

#9 RainnellLynnMitarius, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Arreyanne and Tokigare like this.
  10. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

In a way it is a little frustrating, i know. Especially as both my partner and I play so it's nice to give a birthday present or something special every now and then. Unfortunately there have been too many dodgy people scam others.

Hopefully a more secure version will be introduced in the future than involves some form of 2 step verification and is linked to people's account payment options to allow for easier tracking of transactions and complaint lodging if something untoward happens.

While I wouldn't be overjoyed to see it, perhaps this could occur along side a "Pearl Marketplace" where people can list high value gear for Pearls and see if they get any takers. It would hopefully eliminate the need for these things to happen as personal transactions. Though if I recall correctly, some games have had a similar concept to this and had to shut it down because of international laws about real-world money trading etc.

11. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

as per previous CM announcement, (and I am paraphrasing), Pearl Gifting was disabled due to the amount of purchase fraud that was circulating (hence the additional changes to the system when it is enabled). Unfortunately this is something that plagues not only the gaming industry but many other industries around the world.

My suggestion would be that if you wish to send your friend something from the shop, have them setup a PayPal account, and you can then send their PayPal account some funds, and then they can make the purchase themselves. It is essentially the same thing.

Ninjago, Arreyanne, Tacarmato and 3 others like this.
  12. Jupto

Thank you and i hope this is turned OFF forever! I Hated those WTS insert-random-boss-item-here whisper me for gift payment.
    I really wish they could perma ban players who used this.
    Thank you Kakao.

Arreyanne likes this.
  13. Kiwi97

There's a reason I couldn't give it to their paypal. That's why I already purchased the pearls. I can't refund it either, because their system is straight up bad.

14. WSYNC

Good riddance, if just to not see 14 year olds trying to sell dandi for pearls on world chat.

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  15. Alicia Dominica

Excellent - and hopefully this time it stays away for good. No more of this pearl gift scamming over trade deals!

16. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

It is not the same damn thing.

Big fking difference between sending my waifu panties in the mail for erp and paying her something in paypal.

One is cute, one is cheap. Guess which is which (hint: it doesn't come down to cost).

17. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

There is no need to become hostile over the subject. I merely presented an alternative method. I understand however what you are referring to as "the thought that counts" or the sentiment behind sending someone a gift.

However sentiment is irrelevant to function, which is what I was commentating on.

18. Thelemna

Look, Mr. Robot, I know you don't understand feelings. Cool. But some people play this game for this thing called fun.

Some people give not for the "function" of getting items posted, but for the happy comments there after, or to effect an end in rp --GASP-- people actually rp in this game.

It is not the same to just shove money at something and call it functionally equivalent. Do you know that paypal takes 1% of sales? and to not take a transaction rate hit on a donation you HAVE to be a 501 charity?

It may be charity to freely give in game, but not something I can write off on my taxes and not something I'm looking to.

Kindly fk off with paypal is the same thing, because if you have ever used ANY money sending service, you would realize it is not.

19. Jupto

They have no reason to bring it back and you know why? Cause if you wanna give your wife a gift in here, there is nothing stoping you to login on their website as your wife and buy those pearls for her on your ccard. Then next time she logs back in, there are pearls for her ;)

Id rather have them remove this option permanent, than to see people getting scammed ingame because of trades. If you have a so called "wife" then you should be old enough to see the "bigger" pictrure here.

20. Thelemna

r/Wooooooooooooooooooooosh