1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Pearl gifting turned off AGAIN.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Kiwi97, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Sp00ky Ghost

Lmao. Yeah, your right. The company should deal with thousands of dollars in chargebacks so you can "rp". I'm dying stahp

2. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

It's been happening and it still happens. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean it's not a thing.

I've never posted for pearls nor gifted for in game items, but I recognize it was a problem for ill-informed people.

The more prevalent issue is the guild cd and SMH payouts as even ever vigilant bikini panda is still at it advocating this.

But I'm sorry no one ever gave you a gift D: or maybe just no friends/funds to surprise others with gifts? Idk but the restrictions implemented were a good step in the right direction. I would love to see additional security over diminishing functions.

3. Sp00ky Ghost

I have done it, when we started our guild we gifted our dedicated officers random pearl things. Nice deflection though lmao. WAH EVERYONE DOESNT WANT WHAT I WANT WAHHHHH....
    /whisper but those payouts and guild droppers amiriteguys?!?! Prolly dont have any friends to give stuff to you peasant! Baby rages back to corner.

4. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

If you are gullible enough to believe that person, company, whoever,whatever is going to ensure you receive your item from their scam post, then I say you deserved to be scammed.

And I also have ocean front property in Phoenix AZ for sale, you want? 100,000 Pearls cheap

5. HoloRE

HoloRE Hate Witch 61 EU

If the gifting was removed because people got scammed by ingame trading then idk what to say tbh.
    If you manage to get scammed in this game you're a monkey, the rest of us shouldn't have to pay for it.

If however there are other things at play like 3rd party websites etc, then I could understand.

6. GM Salome

Game Master

Ohai! ^^

Upon introducing big changes (such as implementing or removing a feature), we do our best to inform players sufficiently.

The original thread about disabling the Pearl Gifting can be found here.

The Patch Notes in which we announced temporary return of Pearl Gifting can be found here (December 12th). There was also an update to that information a week later with an end date here:

upload_2019-1-13_11-54-41.png

While the button turned out to be a bit more persistent than we intended, it will be removed with the next maintenance. Please note that despite the fact that the present button is still visible, it will not work (the last step of the process will not go through).

Andaro and Jupto like this.
  7. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Gifting wasnt removed because of people getting scammed... Too many stolen credit cards were being used to make purchases.

8. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

I think it had more so do do with Steam in China release and pearls being valued at half the rate of any other region, so people would by up pearls where it's cheaper and gift out for paypal payments at a cheaper rate than buying from other licensed sources.

It really wasn't about listing for pearls as Kakao encouraged it buy giving warnings about the chances of getting the item you want from market place, but also having your back if the item was just never listed.

9. Claydough

LOL???

10. Asterotis

FFXIV had this issue, except it was with SA and their subscription being $5/month.

11. Mandymeow

Darn, any ETA when this might be re-enabled? A friend of mine (for like 8 years) that plays with me has 7700 Pearls and wants to buy me outfits! Ugh, Please turn it back on soon, I like outfits! lol - As for the stolen credit card thing, many current games and MMOs deal in credit card transactions, we played Archeage together for years (yea RIP us) and I don't remember an issues preventing gifting there. I'm pretty sure there are ways & or procedures they can use to verify it prior to allowing the charge to go through, it's 2019 I would certainly hope so...

12. jangalangz

Wow... "sending my waifu panties in the mail for erp "

13. zhagsten

1/9 is September 1st though. :D

14. GM Salome

Game Master

It's obviously the matter of the data format, because it refers to January 9th. However I will bring this up to ensure our announcements are more specific next time.

15. Salty_Sailor_Trash

Salty_Sailor_Trash Herushingu Musa 61 NA

I for one want you to spend your pearls, “they are your pearls and you need them now!”
    If you really trust that friend of yours, you can always give them your CC to purchase a small amount of pearls.

16. Asterotis

What I usually do, (Not recommended) is that I go into my friends' acct in incognito mode, and just load 3k pearls on it so they can get pretty pretty outfits from my paypal.

@Dremlock still has to show me their outfit <w<

17. unange

I bought pearls only to give my friend a gift for his birthday. I am so upset about this.
    :(
    I really hope that gifting will be re-enabled soon.

18. peanut777

Its gone forever this time ..