1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl item to remove names on PEN gear

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Spectrari, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Spectrari

We seriously need a new pearl shop item so we could vanish the names on PEN items. Pls.

LeMiau and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  2. Lord_Xenon

Make your own pen?

mrplatypus likes this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

I'm actually against this as the entire purpose of the function is so that the players name is permanently engraved on the item. Even with a shop item, that would defeat the purpose.

But, nevertheless, to the voting polls it will go.

Yumine, RealistPhysics and mrplatypus like this.
  4. Spectrari

I have my own pens.

5. Graugus

I will definitely be voting for this as it seems RNGJesus is with people who have names like “Dicsauceinpus”.

I don’t understand why they just don’t implement a name movement on marketplace list, that way we not monetizing something as simple as this in the game.

6. Nicci

+1

The idea of engraving names is only good so long as there is an enforced naming policy which doesn't allow names like Dicsauceinpus. Almost every time I play I encounter a name that makes me weep for the future of humanity, and certainly the non-enforcement of any naming policy we might have.

7. unremorseful

I think of it as a way to thank the person who made my gear for me, because RNG left me on the side of the highway long ago. Leave the names on, dont let insecurity run your life lol.

Aillya likes this.
  8. Aillya

I think MORE forms of crafting should have a way for the crafter to leave their name on the thing they made. If you make ship parts all week, and you're almost singlehandedly gearing up everyone's ships with your effort, you deserve to be well known for it. If you're one of the only people making grunil gear (just an example) for people now that everyone's a barterer or a cook, and so you're filling the market with that gear for new people to slip into, you deserve to be known as the grunil guy. And if you regularly use your failstacks and money and resources to put PENs on the market for people who are unlucky to just buy, you deserve to have your name etched onto that sucker for life.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  9. Nicci

There's nothing wrong with having "more" ways to have items with names on them, but that's not the point. I don't mind buying something and seeing the name of the person who made it... UNTIL their name is something outrageously stupid. I've used loyalty to change the names of horses I've bought, because I don't think it's charming to have "Shitcake" as the name of a horse, and yes that was the exact name. Same principle applies. We have no control over what other people choose for names, but we should be able to erase their trash taste and immaturity. The only other option is to ask players to submit petitions for naming violations on items, which is a Customer Service nightmare.

DarkGG likes this.
  10. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Nice advice, some people need 150 tries to get a single Pen when other have their full set on Pen after 28 tries. The difference is months or years of farming money. If you already made 2 pens yourself and both went up after like 60 tries, you simply stop doing it as it is a waste of money and it makes you fall behind by a lot.
    Also support removes them. Just ask around in your guild. I am sure you have several people in it that got theirs removed already.

DarkGG likes this.
  11. Spectrari

I'm not against having names on PENs. It is very cool feature. But there must be a way to clean it. Thats why i suggested pearl shop item, so only small fraction of player will really use it.

RealistPhysics and DarkGG like this.
  12. Sholeh

A pearlshop item? Why is it, that with stuff like this, people always say "I want "x" as a pearlshop item" why? Why can't we just get a feature implemented into the game without having to pay for it directly, like a normal company would lol, we already pay waaaay to much to play this damn game, I wish they would add more stuff without having to pay for it directly.

#IhateKoreanGamingCompanysWithAPassion

DarkGG likes this.
  13. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

There's alot of good replies about this, but pa should do something about it as many stated, if my rng just doesn't allow me to make a pen, and then I say screw it I'm going to buy. If that pen has the name like CUM_SHOT which was a guy in rbf last night like i don't want that on my item. I see it this way if you are selling a pen your name should be removed since you no longer own that item. Yes this engraving is kinda cool for when you enhance your own pen, but it's not cool when you can't and are forced to buy, and now have to look at created by joeblowjob it some dumb name.
    As far as a pearl item i would say maybe a loyalty item that you take to the blacksmith and extract the engraving of the item.

#13 DarkGG, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    LeMiau and Sholeh like this.
  14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Having the creator's name on engraved items is the whole point of it. In BDO it doesn't seem much since only PEN items are engraved, but in many MMOs crafters enjoy and are proud of seeing their name on items they craft then sell.

Bad names are an unpleasant side effect, but removing engraving in the name of that would be in my eyes like forbidding knives because some people use to kill others with them.

15. RealistPhysics

If only for names that are against ToS and inappropriate as well. I'm for this one.

16. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

reading this type of scenario is why id support this type of item; my rng sucks too and why i buy most of my stuff (not from lack of trying to smash it)- and id rather just pay the privilege to remove the name altogether; not like it magically replaces my name with it, just to make it a clean slate.

DarkGG likes this.