1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Shop Update - October 25th 2017

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Kabz, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Kittens

Last year all the Halloween stuff was available until the 8th I believe! I would buy more too if it were that much longer! Guess they don't want our monies! xD

2. Pastel Babydoll

Really... just a week? That really sucks.That's not really convenient for a once a year sale.Some people get payed even less often - once every 2 weeks or once a month/salary, so I'd think 2 weeks especially when there's actually more listed now. More potential sales for them as a compant More happy players who DO want to buy things.

Is someone different calling the shots on things this year? A lot seems almost more inconvenient since I last quit. And for me it sucks pretty badly when you see the community gms and just the gms who deal with players period having to deal with all the backlash honestly. I just rejoined and see so many angrier than last time I used to use forums, and so many inconveniences. :/ Sucks honestly for players. AND the messengers as in the GMs here

I have fun casualing though so for a while I can stay at least. A whole year you've waited for a costume, hmm?

3. Pastel Babydoll

Outfits are designed from Korea though? :| heheh

4. residente

Does that mean that Koreans are out of touch with reality or what? Who the **** puts heels on a boot that's supposed to resemble a wolf/fox claw?

Pastel Babydoll likes this.
  5. Arvalo

This is where having some game dev knowledge helps.

I’m order to not have heels on a costume they’d have to design an entirely separate body and skeleton and alter animations to ensure clipping issues with feet/ground do not occur as a result.

Like people in the real world who can only wear one shoe size because that’s how big your feet are, bdo ingame models are generally designed to fit one basic model per class. Designing an extra for one costume or even a handful could make it harder to recoup dev costs on said costume.

6. SpeedMetal

SpeedMetal Hail_Odin Warrior EU

There are already flat feet ingame. Just copy/paste Tamer's feet to the other female classes. And since they prove it works also with heels on flat feet (Lahr Arcien boots for example), it wouldn't be that much of work to implement.

residente and Alessia Wellington like this.
  7. Arvalo

It’s not even close to that simple

8. Shizuke

The Witch one is terrible D: hope to see the Ram Horn Witch (?) in near future :)

9. Pastel Babydoll

I have the outfit on a character from last year, and the body part came more like one template. That's where the main issue probably is for redesigning it, along with the fact that a business will see that as more staff to work so more staff to pay, so even if it literally barely scratches their profit, the business will still consider upping cost of product. Things like that, because in the end the big guy on the very top of it all wants the same profit if not more. Never will they settle for less than before (even if less than before were still equal to billions.) It's the natural business mind-set.

Whether I prefer it or not, honestly not. That's why I'm not running a business though. As for redesign it's probably mainly the fact that the body piece to the outfit is set to that one template. I honestly was pretty sad when I opened that outfit box and learned I had to have those feet last year. RIP. XO

10. residente

I knew this, that's why females in underwear still walk like if they were wearing heels. I just expected our devs to put minimal effort and create feet with heels and feet without heels. The amount of people that's been asking for shoes and boots without heels is not small.

This has nothing to do with game dev knowledge, this is just either laziness or as I said being out of touch with reality and thinking everyone wants 8 inch heels on their shoes :/

11. Alessia Wellington

That's why I'm playing Tamer. She's the only one who can choose between shoes and heels.

12. KaitlynLeah

On the bottom right there is an option to remove the helmet so you can see what it looks like without it.

13. Hades.

14. ruri

It's not minimal effort, it's double the work regardless of what they have to change, and not an automated process. That'd require altering every single animation file related to the character and other busywork, just for one without heels alone. Their artists wouldn't be getting paid any more than they already have. It seems they've made the decision to stick with heels a long time ago. As much as I'd wish for it too, I wouldn't place hopes on there being a version without any time soon. :(

15. AiyanaXO

[​IMG]

16. AiyanaXO

They don't need to change it for a small minority who gets happens to get butt hurt by girls wearing heels due to their real life insecurity over their own personal body. ROFL its a fantasy game. Not realism.
    https://community.blackdesertonline...-demand-more-sexy-and-revealing-outfits.4915/

17. ManlyBeard

Mystic when??
    Halloween costumes for Mystic when ???

18. residente

Wow nice Wolf Claw Boots indeed

19. Pastel Babydoll

No, no, no. Heels are nice.. I don't think anyone said heels are horrible. They just said, not everyone likes heels 100% of the time. As for me, either or can be nice... until... Well if I were to walk into a forest and see a bear and it had stilettos for its back paw pads, well I'd be pretty disturbed to say the least. On the bright side, it couldn't chase me as fast?

As for the linked thread... the title should have in brackets: [request includes both male classes and oh yea! WITCHES for once!] since the witch has only been cut short for only like always :( As for the males, I just enjoy eye candy on all ends c;

20. residente

Lol I've never placed any hope on anything ever on Pearl Abyss or Kakao, but if they did it for Tamer, they could do it for the rest of the classes, I know it may be just not profitable considering how well the costumes sell anyways so...
    Why everyone who doesnt want to run in heels with plate armor must be an insecure person to you? Can't you comprehend that not everyone here is a thirsty basement dweller that would wear nothing but a thong and heels on his character if it was possible? Doesn't matter if it's a fantasy game or not, some people actually war to wear normal boots, and pants. How crazy some of us are huh!