1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearlshop Costume

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ooms, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Ooms

Probably been posted before but I want to give my opinion. I think character costumes (Splat Fisher's Clothes/Treant Camouflage/Desert Camouflage/Riding Attire/Ect) should be family bound and not character bound. I do understand that people like me that want to change their main (and have too much OCD to not regain the lifeskill levels) would have to re-buy all the costumes which would net you another ~$200. If costumes were family bound like tents/pets/furniture and such, I think we would feel like we were really getting our moneys worth.

2. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

I agree that costumes at least should be family bound. Additionally, Weight and Inventory should be as well (but I realize that's not this post's topic).

However, yes. +1

NiyahHan likes this.
  3. Krog Gar

Krog Gar Berserker 61 EU

I agree for the lifeskill costumes.
    For some reason I disagree for ghillies and 'combat' outfits, but I can't actually think of a justification.

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

It is artificially programed to milk as much money from you as possible...If you are against this practice..stop buying pearls...otherwise you only justify why it is in a company's best interest to use EA style profiting tactics.

We gotta let em see, that is is better to get $250 from 10,000,000 people, rather then $10000 from 10 whales.

#4 Kynreaa, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    NiyahHan likes this.
  5. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Allow me to justify it for you. Enslar has nothing to do with Rangers by lore. There is no reason why a Ranger would need to dress up in the clothes of the Valkyrie's idol. Same can be said of Sylvia (the mother goddess of the elves) and Witches. For outfits like Anemos, imagine a Zerker wearing a Ranger's Anemos dress. It'd be meme-worthy. Some classes also have the outfits tailored to them - tamers tend to run low on the heels for their variants of an outfit.

Personally, even if they made it possible for my Sorc to wear my Ranger's dress, I'd probably still buy separate copies just to retain different dyes and color schemes on them.

Krog Gar likes this.
  6. RP Tzuyu

family bound costumes are nice, but weights and invs, they aint gonna give us that, there is no way they gonna do that

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

8. RP Tzuyu

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

They gotta have say so with monetary methods, for one Russia has a FTP, and paid servers, Bless got to change around the whole game...

I do not believe that excuse, maybe they have to get permission, or have to pay Korea for costumes, and changes to code and all that jazz, and are too cheap to renegotiate the contract...but no, I do not believe they are powerless, they just lack motivation to negotiate better.

10. RP Tzuyu

if they need permission to do it, they are powerless.... we barely get anything that kr get, and bunch of updates are missing because kr dont want them to publish them.... and those missing costumes, our staffs dont want to put a bunch of them on the market

11. SereneDreams

If that were the case the costumes would cost $80 like they do in KR lol

12. The_Inquisitor

Probably because youre a filthy casual PvE'er who is biased towards hating pvp and wants to punish them as much as possible ?

Conversely, I think the ghillies should be family bound and the life skill costumes should be character bound.

13. Krog Gar

Krog Gar Berserker 61 EU

Nah. Were that the case I'd have said Life and combat outfits should be account bound, and ghillies should be character bound. I didn't though. Do try to pay attention, just because you wanted someone to make a certain point, doesn't mean they did.
    I think Luxea got it more or less right in post #5. Although I was assuming the OP meant only sharing multi-class outfits, like Karlstein and acher Guard.

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

That excuse would fly if Costume pieces dropped in game, or were quest rewards, Like Everyother game company that appreciates their customer base and makes mountains more in profit then PA..So I do not buy that neither, If its available in the Pearl store, It woulda been wise to make it account sharable.

They didn't, so PA 's profits suffer for it, Only $300 mill revenue (not profit) in 4 years time, they coulda been on Epic games level raking in $100 million monthly..

15. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Doesn't need to be a quest reward to follow the lore. Also, you forgot the fact that some people are willing to buy the same copy of the same costume on different characters - Multiple costumes per character and multiple copies of each set for each alt. That's way more money than the one guy who would only buy the one or two costumes he wants and wants it shared across every character on the account. :p

#15 Luxea, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I didnt, write that quote...and its a fact that it is better to get $150 from 10,000,000 people, rather then $1500 from 10 whales.

If costumes pieces dropped in game, and speciality ones that were account shared, like the ghillie, and maid cost $50 and was split with all your chars..alot more people would not have a problem opening up their wallet, and recommending the game to friends.

My suggestion is even lore friendly, giants drop giant costume pieces, elves drop elvish, NPC quests from different regions grant access to shops that sell others for ingame money, etc.

Currently if you have 10 chars, how much is it to outfit them all?

#16 Kynreaa, Jun 27, 2018
  17. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Just summarized your post. And also there's way more than 10 whales in the game. This isn't really a game that attracts a high ratio of poor people. Just think about the PC specs needed to even play this game smoothly.

But this isn't going anywhere. I won't be replying to further posts on this topic, waste of my time.

#17 Luxea, Jun 27, 2018
  18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Of course not..people like you just give up, and swipe. and Say oh its lore why Kakeo artificially nerfs the game to pigeonhole you into a cashshop, that undernormal circumstances would attract far more people.

19. The_Inquisitor

Well, I will agree with you in that luxea, I have noticed, tends to make good points.

Purely for the sake of argument - Just because you think you have an idea in your mind when writing a comment, doesn't mean the words that were chosen guarantees the idea was well communicated.

20. Narberal

I think it's ridiculous that if you use a tailoring coupon, on an item that can be shared between family, it turns into a Bound (Character) costume