1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PEN Dande in a Succ world

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Havoc, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Havoc

My thoughts are a little scattered but I'll try and make sense. I recently came back to BDO, started playing Ninja, wrist started hurting. Went Succession to be a little less complicated, but miss the Katana aesthetic (short sword is small and dinky) AND super luckily hit my first ever PEN (dande) which I can't "use" (even though I still benefit from it, get 30% AP, etc.)

So I'm looking around at different classes, considering rerolling, and it seems like Succession > Awakening for a lot of them. Which is a bummer when you really want to use your PEN dande.

I guess I'm just looking for advice or suggestions. Is there a class that isn't so complicated/busy to grind with where Awakening is still good?

2. iXinNeR

iXinNeR Ranger 62

Class like Archer, will probably will stick to Awakening even after getting his Succession, imo. Unless they come up with a weirdly overpowered crossbow skills.

Grinding and PvP with Archer is pretty chill too.

Havoc likes this.
  3. Catastigma

30% Its not *nothing*
    Concidering that your awakening damage is 50/50 of your Main weapon too.

Zero reason to reroll, or use/no use succ.

Play what you like. a PEN dandy is a stupid reason to reroll from a classe you like.

Bizmarc89 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

archer is not even getting succession, same as shai.

Nagasaki and Bizmarc89 like this.
  5. iXinNeR

iXinNeR Ranger 62

Ohh they aren't? I didn't know that. Shai makes sense that she's not getting a Succession 'cause she wasn't made to be a "class" like the rest. But Archer on the other hand, is an actual class.

Why is Archer not getting a succession?

6. Khondo

Because they, and the Shai, are a different build method to all other classes.

AZzalor likes this.
  7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Shai yes, but how is Archer different from other classes?

8. iXinNeR

iXinNeR Ranger 62

Exactly my thought, Shai has "Talent" while Archer has Awakening just like the rest of the classes.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

mathematically speaking, pen dande vs tri c19 is HUGE price difference for not that much performance increase in succession. those funds could be better spent elsewhere.

Fearless V likes this.
  10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Archer's awakening skills were part of his unawakened skill set. The archer had his awakening weapon equipped from level one and this is probably why it will not have succession.

Factorial and Aiwen like this.
  11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Oh yeah you are right I remember it being something weird like that. Still not an excuse to not have succession.

Factorial likes this.
  12. Luc75

should i sell my PEN dande if i go succ with ninja and buy tet bs and tet dande? or should i keep it? i dont think pen dande will make a big diference on succ.
    Burger king survey

#12 Luc75, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  13. warriors

Différence between pen dand 20B and pen blue awak 2B is only 2AP
    And it's a hiden 2AP like crystal / food etc

If you play succ, dont wast your money with pen dand, itks completly useless, it's not a REAL ap buff and he give only 2 hiden ap (8/3) for.. 18B... You can take 20 hiden AP just with cron food..

14. Khondo

If you have a PEN Dande, don't sell it. When they change something in 2 months time, you will cry if you don't have it any more.

Bizmarc89, Factorial and AZzalor like this.
  15. JSXShadow

Reading this is a bit confusing for me, since I did not play any succession class yet. However, I thought Succession scales the exact same way off awakening weapons as awakening does. Is that not true? Awakening uses Main + Awa AP, Regular skills only Main so I thought Succession would be just like Awakening, just a more traditional playstyle, no? If that's true, PEN Dande would still be absolute endgame, no?

16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well the roadmap showed every succession (including guardian) but not archer or shai. Archer stars with awakening from lvl1 and preawa/awa are linked together for archer, not like all other classes that get it at lvl56. Ofc there is no official announcement that archer won't get it but the chances are very low.

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Awakening takes ~30% of preawa ap on top of awa ap. Same is the other way around. Sure dande is the "best" choice but using a liverto or dragonslayer will give you like 90% of the performance for only little money. I still wouldn't take a different awa weapon as you never know how they change it or if succ gets nerfed and you want to go back to awa.

JSXShadow likes this.
  18. Shinee

A good strategy is save you weapon/armor, because you never know what happened next month, or week. Example, succession released, your main weapon is most important. Then succession nerfed, you go back to awakening, then Dandelion is most important again. You never know what you will need later in the game, maybe today you use Nouver, then then change something and then you will have Kutum etc. Save your items, you know never what changes we get in the future!!

Factorial and Havoc like this.
  19. Chors

Do you have tet accessories ? If not, maybe you can sell it and buy 2x tet crescent and tet belt which gives you 9ap across both awak and pre awak. Then selling your tri belt / tri rings and tri earring will net you one distortion earring thats another +2 ap if you have tri tungrad/tet witch. This way you gain 11ap and hit few brackets for faster grind, you can buy pen dande anytime later if you decide to go back to awak. Another option is to sell pen dande and buy tet blackstar/pen kzarka.

20. JSXShadow

Thank you! Is there an official sheet of how much each Form uses of the Main/Awa? That is confusing af, I always thought it was full main and awa AP for awakening skills but surely explains why they do not even deal that much more damage roflmao.