1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PEN % succes rate is pathetically low ( Unacceptable )

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DarkKnightMasterRace, Dec 30, 2018.

1. kakodaimonos

2. Neekz

There is no reason that I should play the game for 2 years and still not have max gear..
    There’s like 50 classes in this game, and I’m forced to only play one seriously because his gear will never ever be maxed out
    Any other alt character will either have to have welfare geared or it will be a waste of resources that I need to pour into my main for a nearly impossible chance of attaining a pen item
    Pretty bad design imo

Blitzball, lingling and Blusurfer like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Pen isnt endgame gear. Its just the start. Then u have to capras it to max level.

4. reconkangas

I want to make sure we are clear on this point.

1st
    As we are seeing in the reveal on the test server as your gear increases level substantially decreases % chance AS IT SHOULD once you get to TRI it becomes a coin flip(this is SOFT CAP making it faster and easier to get there) though alot of us are not surprised that the FS required to get that coin flip is substantially higher than what has been reported in previous FS guids.
    NOTE: also want to have an understanding most players stop as soft cap TET gear tri gold acc.

2nd
    I will be bluntly honest here my optimistic point of view IS deeply rooted in realistic points of view.. we are talking % based enhancement here even a 3rd grader starts to understand this as you get older you understand risk AND risk management. How do you mitigate risk here when it comes to gear its CRON OR back up gear, accessories it's back ups.
    It's why you see people raging after a TET or PEN roulette using main gear.

3rd
    based in reality by % as it should be it becomes more difficult to attain the next level. RNG, gambling, chance what ever name you want to put on it in a computer environment it's based on algorithms how ever this random # generation happens in BDO is still the same as online poker (I.E. old pokerstars and other gambling sites long gone) that you could sit on 50 hands and see no less than 10 4 of a kind and straight flushes ECT. that in the real world you have a 10mil to 1 shot. Though coding has seemed to work around a little it is still a random generated number chain that ends up being not so random...
    Which is were we start to see some people seem like it is RNG carry and other can try 100 times at TET (I am one of these 54 time to TET grif helm with 75-125 stack I still dont have a TET grif after they introduce caph. Removal I pulled out 16 levels of enhancement and it is now PRI) or I 5 tap a PEN and one tap 4 pieces of gear to TET.

CLOSING
    What does this all mean not much to a pessimist becouse honestly there to busy dealing with hate to read, or honestly not envy somone to the point were they want to fix a system that keeps every player in BDO from being a GOD that no one would be able to kill each other and or the same level then why even bother having gear?
    A pessimist will not even bother to try and understand and appreciate the differences and the difficulties in this type of enhancement system they eventually give up and quit and go play the other games as you mentioned until the Dev's come out with something new.. so I carry on as always understanding I will lose 95% of the time BUT so will 99% of the rest if the players and I am ok with that.
    Even in RNG carry it is a lot of risk to get PEN no mater how you attain it , BUY it (working for those $$$) enhance it with cron or major NUTS by no protection or on back ups I congratulate you for getting there no hate at all.

#344 reconkangas, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    MND and Fearless V like this.
  5. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

While I'll agree with all of your points here except for the backup point you've made. These are the very reason why BDO's PvP scene could never be anywhere productive, active, healthy, or as competitive. As even the PvE MMOs in the West like ESO, and GW2's PvP scenes, both mass PvP and arena PvP scenes.

I do appreciate you taking the time, to make a good article about this topic tho. You pretty much for the most part. Hit the hammer on the nail, as the saying goes.

reconkangas likes this.
  6. Neekz

alright, first of all. at end game gear, pvp consists of the first person to get a CC one combo'ing their opponent. this is because end game AP scaling far exceeds end game DP scaling. so the idea of "no one can kill each other" is already false.
    next, are you saying that the qualifications of being a "god" in bdo is having better gear than everyone else? are you saying that's how you want this "skill based game" to be played?
    again, there is no reason i should not be able to complete a character and move on to another one. they release a character every 3 months it seems, but prohibit me from ever playing more than one seriously because i need to stay relevant with gear on my main.
    again, there is no reason that i should be stuck with an incomplete character 2 years after character creation. i would like to have more than 1 character, but this game strictly prohibits me from doing so, and punishes me by constantly reminding me how inefficient it would be to do such a thing. which sucks because the game is super imbalanced in terms of class power, i can't even get invited to a high end grind group for gyfins because i didn't choose to play one of the favored characters

Life2v, Reyer and Fearless V like this.
  7. reconkangas

My personal criteria for being a "God" is not just gear based. Though gear is a major part of this game skill is as well.

I just think that a lot of players actually miss the Depth of this game TBH, I am not stating in any way that I am best of the best or that i know it all.

That said i have learned a lot in the past 2 years, is there any one player that RULES at this game do to GS sure I bet there is I have not personally meet them yet. To any given player with 480 to 510GS will see a 550or 560 GS player as a "GOD" it just matters about your prospective. But this game is not made to be a single solo battle God each class has weaknesses and strengths but you put a team of 5+ together and now you have a fight.

I just enjoy this game way to much and of course my guild plus i seem to be one of the more hated players at fogans on arsha ATM, yes I stay primarily on the PVP server but to that end have I seen players wreck me with there 280ap ABSOLUTELY even when I know they are hiding the AP and GS or totally lying about it lol no one is unkillable the higher the AP the lower the DP meaning even if they hit like a tank I still have a shot at killing them.

Like I said I am an optimist are there some things that need to be corrected ABSOLUTELY. but you cant find a game with the looks of BDO the depth of the charecter skills with the combat environment such as this. they are getting there and are learning you have to break some eggs to make an omelet it's not my best analogy I just hope you see my point hope is not lost in translation here.
    Btw
    Good luck to all of you on your enhancements.

#347 reconkangas, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. Blitzball

2 years later since PRI-PEN was introduced. Enhancement succes rate STILL HAS NOT BEEN INCREASED , specially for PEN. I have more than 120 fails with 200+ failstacks , this is unacceptable. Do you really think , Kakao , i still want to buy Kakao cash after that ? The only thing who can force me to spend more if they put PEN boss gear right in the cash-shop ! D:<D:<

TLDR FOR KAKAO : ASK PEARL ABYSS TO INCREASE PEN ENHANCEMENT SUCCESS RATE , FOR GOD SAKE

9. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

It goes against their best interests to do what you ask. If every player gets to pen they have an empty game because most people will have nothing left to do. Those that stay also will have no reason to buy anything from the pearl shop anymore either.

10. noctred

noctred NA

did you really just necro a near year old thread?

11. Blitzball

Did you heard about PVP ? Because that is the end-game

12. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

noone is forcing you to go up to PEN except for yourself^^ so go on and cry silent or just stop trying^^ and as moondance already mentioned...it goes against there interest to make that easier (except maybe if they introduce hex upgrade at the same time)

you mean that lag and desync festival? lol
    EDIT: not to mention...this is a Sandbox game...there is no real "endgame" ^^

13. Blitzball

Hex is already here since awhile ( = PEN Caphrased Lv.20 )

14. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

statwise maybe, but not as a direct enhancement

15. Doom Smack

Well it is Halloween...

16. noctred

noctred NA

true.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Anecdotally pvp in this game is dead.

18. Gojira

Go join up on global labs and use unlimited resources to see how depressing pen gear is. i have no motivation after playing global labs to push GS, we all know the system sucks people have point this out multiple times. PA wont change, just enjoy bdo if you can till something else comes out like most of us are on here.

because we know they have not delivered on balances they promised so gear is moot, why bother.

Reyer, Blitzball and MoonDance17 like this.
  19. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

PEN gear difficulty is the only thing that keeps me playing because it's the main goal (among other). If I was full PEN, I would have left the game. I may be masochist, but I like the way it is (Also much easier with cron).

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u r very mistaken, pen gears are just the beginning.