1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pen Tree sitting at 24b

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ayameqt, Jul 25, 2019.

1. 2Cents

The reason a person does a lot of dmg is because their AP is multiplied by their skills. Your DR will remove their AP. If you have enough they no longer do dmg.

The problem arises when you don't have enough DR, then it's just a waste. The same with evasion. It's all or nothing,

I have had plenty of geared players do little to no damage against me. They can't penetrate the DR. Their crits don't matter because they essentially have no AP.

The real problem with this build is you need the DR from PEN Caphra enchants, it's a lot. And you need way beyond soft cap to maintain AP this way.

If your sitting at around 300 DP your simply dead.

#41 2Cents, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

You should rather think about your mental health when trying this.

My advice: Dont jump on this bandwagon, its will crush you (or your wallet or life or tons of energy waste for afk) no matter how funny its is to smash low gear ppl, you wont get happy out of this. :D

For the marketplace ... there is no issue. Price was given and its up to buyers if they are willing to buy or not.

3. Columba

I see no issue. If they really are too expensive they won’t sell, and likely their price will be cut. Artificial price caps will result in zero supply again. No thanks. Basic economics.

Sibyyl likes this.
  4. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

i also see no issue with the prices. basic supply and demand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    if you don't like them, either wait for them to drop (prolly not gonna happen though), set low price preorder or craft the item yourself...

5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Let me see you make a PEN Tree, in under 24b. Stop trying to devalue top end gear.

Also BIS PEN .... you think new players should just have that for min effort? That isnt a catch up that is flat out end game bis that vet players work hard for.

It's great that they are sitting on the market it gives people something to strive for.

Desado, Yuusayn and Sibyyl like this.
  6. Yuusayn

Wanting the best gear, but for a discount, laughable at best

2Cents likes this.
  7. Auxey

Bro if you call getting pen items "catching up" there's seriously something wrong with you

2Cents likes this.
  8. 2Cents

Kind of funny listening to new players complain they don't have things many veterans still don't own after years ;)

9. Allan1985

game doesnt care about chatch up mechanics, they only care about pushing people to spend, so this doesnt come as a surprise, lets just hope lost ark or project BBQ arrive soon

10. MalGuldur

At least we have a price now.it used to be whoever goes for the highest preorder.

Factorial and Columba like this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I dont ses anything wrong...Its working as intended...It Cost that much to make one..So whats the problem with the seller asking for a return?
    Its bad enough Tax is gonna chop 3.6 billion from his return...Which is prolly more then many of you have in their bank. You would prefer no Pen items listed?

12. Amodin

It's as though you didn't even read OP's post. I actually agree with OP on this.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Kinda Like rent, or interest rates on mortgages..the more money people make, the more they charge..If people make a billion an hr grinding..Guess how much Pen items will cost.

The problem Is the artificial glass ceiling put in place to stem supply...Nothing is worth the effort in this game.

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

In what? You dont think it cost that much to make one?

15. Factorial

Depending in your RNG, that 24B is a steal or extremely cheap for that BiS piece.

Plenty of people could probably afford that if all they did was hoard their silver, especially if you are a professional lifeskiller, instead of failing at enhancements.

Now, there people with broken OP RNG. Thank you, BDO gods.

16. 2Cents

If it was easy to just "catch up" there would be no point in playing in the first place.
    It would end up in a situation like leveling a few years ago. People just stopped and waited to get the levels for free.

If I joined a game 2 years late I wouldn't expect to catch up with hardcore players in a few months either. That would be disrespectful to the efforts of players that invested years into the game.

17. Stabby

If they hadn't made Blood Alter stupid hard this wouldn't be an issue.

18. Factorial

I am not sure about that. We needed some type of challenging content. I think we need more things like that so soft cap have non-boring options.

19. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Right!? After years of play most are lucky to have a couple PEN if that. There are the outliers that play the game like a job and are full PEN but they are a very small minority.

This thread just made me scratch my head and wonder what goes through some peoples minds when they think this crap up.

Factorial likes this.
  20. Columba

I think he understands it, and so do I. I’d rather have higher prices and items available to buy vs previously having lower prices and never any items to buy.

Kynreaa likes this.