1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People abusing escape/escape

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Taadjo, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Taadjo

Wil we ever see a fix for this bs? The escape function is to get you unstuck or whatever not escaping from pvp. Just put a 10-15 sec timer on the escape function and the problem is solved but we all know it wil never happen. Idk why i even create this thread #trashcompany

#1 Taadjo, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

Same for Ansel (Alt+F2), this should be disabled in node/conquest wars.
    [​IMG]

3. Factorial

Why not get rid of V while we are at it?

ChibbyBrawl and Seilla like this.
  4. CrestFirill

Doesnt work properly half of the time anyway LOL

5. Seilla

Best idea so far. Totally loser mechanic since beginning. If you can't win a fight, at least die like a man and don't run like a girl!

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

you mean double duration V :D

Grammatolo likes this.
  7. Preslavv

Exactly! The types I despise the most are the ones who jump on you in Arsha but then hit V. The most pathetic types of players... Maybe using v among hard hitting mobs, then ok, but in poly forest or in gahaz?

To topic: if i remember there is several minutes cooldown on escape.

8. WinterMilla

V has you standing still after and its pretty easy to gauge were your going to go while doing it.
    Escape has a long cooldown and set you back at node manager.

Both you can track fairly easily. Also if I hit you so hard that you V or escape, then I can do it again. Its not the cowards way out, but rather admitting you bit off more than you can chew.

9. Taadjo

I meant if you hit escape it wil take like 10-15 seconds for you to get teleported away. In this time you can still get killed so it cant be abused anymore.

Stillwaters likes this.
  10. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Can it be assigned to a hotkey or something? In the time it takes to pull up the ESC menu and move my mouse to the button to click it, I'm usually already dead. :D

Stillwaters and WarCh1cken like this.
  11. Maginha

No, but youll get used to its position and the process after using it more regularly and get rly fast with it :)

12. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

To be honest we used to have the same thing back in my old game, called Party Recall. The effect was essentially the same.... basically a command to gather with no cooldown.

13. WhySoSeeryus

oh dont worry, im sure plenty of people have some autoclicker macro for it judging by the speed they pull it off.

Stillwaters likes this.
  14. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Probably the same style of fast clicking I have noticed in videos where Ctrl mouse click is used to cancel skill animations....

Frankly that's something that should be fixed as well, but if it were how many would cry foul and how many would applaud?

We could put it to a vote I suppose.

15. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

In a serious game these things would be called bugs and fixed within a few days, everything that breaks a rule or game mechanics and can be abused to obtain benefits that go beyond the conception and balancing of these mechanics, and it doesn't take a genius to understand what is right or wrong, should be corrected so that they can no longer influence the mechanics of combat, should not serve votes and months or years to achieve what had to be corrected immediately.
    Even in a hacker forum they tell you "good" "skilled" if you hack a bank, but that doesn't make it right or proper. I think is easy to understant for everyone the concept.

Life2v and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  16. Ben Phoenix

I have no problems with the way escape function works, don't change it, thx.

#16 Ben Phoenix, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2019
  17. WhySoSeeryus

This game is one of the weirdest ones ive played where finding broken shiet equals skill and knowledge.

Skills perform totally differently with mousemovement, high fps makes u faster, certain key presses make weird but advantageous results(double v, v invisibilty etc)..... people cant wait to find more broken places to plant forts, place cannons... cabt wait to exploit economy.... sadly... sometimes this game is just a showcase of all that is bad with games and gamers today.

18. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

We have this saying: "Made the law, found the deception" .
    You cannot rely on the good faith of the people, they will always look for the easiest way to get to the goal, how to take advantage of anything and in any way, it is up to those who set the rules, which is the referee of the game, to eliminate any abused system that goes outside the "how it is intended to work", it is useless to ask people / players what they think about it.

Kyraios and Fearless V like this.
  19. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

just put esc key to one of urs mouse macro keys and practice escape location click for couple hours per day, sure when time comes you will be fast as f*ck

20. WhySoSeeryus

altho the advice is plausible, the real issue imho is people defending broken mechanic which shouldnt work in pvp at all. :D

Kurtferro79 likes this.