1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People abusing escape/escape

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Taadjo, Aug 16, 2019.

1. 2Cents

Skill and Knowledge is about putting a Trade Skill outfit on your hotbar. That way you can maximize your enemies Karma Loss in an "efficient and skillful manner".

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Sad story, I died to a poly forest mob in "pvp" once. Later checked and said mob does 6dmg per hit on me. I died due to a kuno jumping me out of invis, bursting me in like 0,5sec and the mob apparently taking the last hit.

Also in general esc can be really important to avoid viper loses when you(like 1 in 10 times) bug out during a pvp cc and for example are stuck in your dashmotion forever. Just gliding backwards while eating damage with not way to get out of it. Or sheathing your waepon during cc and then being unable to draw the weapon again and just eat hits for free.

Maginha likes this.
  3. Lord_Xenon

When I try to V in PvE it don't work half of the time. Maybe it's tied to the CC, which would be bad as exactly those situations are the most critical...

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

it doesnt work when u r in knockdown. it is not designed to be "get out of jail free card"

5. BDOMONSTER

I mean because escape is so much different than clicking a respawn at nearest safe spot button? Like have you actually thought before making this stupid post? You understand there is no reward for actually killing someone, there is no punishment for dying to another player , there is no scoreboard why do you actually care if the person spends 30 seconds in escape mode or presses escape to spawn at nearest safe spot or clicks the resurrect at closest safe spot button? It’s literally is meaningless beyond whatever it is you fabricate in your own mind while you attempt to beat your chest in victory.

DafuqYouLookinAt and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Factorial

It doesn't work during most CCs from my experience, I could be wrong though. I know very little about BDO itself. What does press play mean?

7. WhySoSeeryus

there are actual rewards for kills in certain scenarios.

8. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

I see nothing wrong as the system is now. Some players may not like or want PvP... others (higher levels) may not want to risk a red player lowering their health so mobs might kill them by accident causing them to be penalized with lose of EXP. If you flagged up to kill a player for a spot and they used the escape function (which normal teleports you to nearest node) allowing you to claim that spot, why cry that you didn't get the kill? If you just wanted to kill a whole bunch of people why not go to Arsha, that's what it is for.

Arkadia, cliveklg and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

What I can not agree on here is the last part. Arsha certainly was not made for people to grief you by attacking you in your rota, when they do not even want to farm there. It was made so that you can fight for your spot and not be karmabombed and forced out of it.

I hate it, when on normal channels you get karmabombed and on arsha(after you changed) you get doomhorsed by 3 people with 630+GS, that simply are there to annoy you. And no, they do not want pvp, they want to grief you. If they wanted pvp they could go rbf, ba or organize a gvg with other guilds. Doomhorsing someone in stars end for example also can hardly be called pvp. You simply got no counterplay. You can not kill him and you can not sa/fg doomhorse.

10. Lord_Xenon

Stiffness(or what that backflow?) is called don't let you V out too.

I understand that it don't work(should not) in PvP, but PvE it's - here it comes - a life saver. So why should it only restricted to situations, you can normally 'escape'. Wouldn't make sense. And it's not so that it has a 5 mins CD.

11. Factorial

This is the beauty of a karma system: it's there to put a check and balance system on people who want to act like apes and effect douchebaggery. At least on the normal server, you have the ability to actually defend your rotation by out grinding any jokers who want to mess with your spot.

On the arsha channel, it's total and complete anarchy, because there is no karma to actually control the tendencies that reside within the human psyche. Some people find enjoyment in simply making other people miserable. Hence, why so many people avoid the arsha channel because it's an actual grief fest. Meanwhile, people are fear-mongering a full PVE channel. Irony.

12. Foo

Foo

Has a pretty hench CD so no

13. 2Cents

Has anyone in this discussion ever actually played any PVP game at all? Allow me to explain how the game actually works for some of these forum warriors...........

Player A: Doesn't want to lose karma so switches to PVP class or Perma Red
    Incomes: Zerker to cheese mob feed or perma red ninja

Player B: Is hunting a zone with the appropriate gear score, but does not do well against Player A's gear score

This is what you would know if you actually played the game

Player A will continue to grief player B trying to mob feed or unlimited kill with perma red. If by a miracle player A has a small chance to kill player B, PLAYER B WILL ABUSE THE "V" "ESC". This is where everything falls apart. Now the aggressor is nearly given immunity because if things happen to go wrong he can cheese/block the only few kills player A would ever get.

14. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

This post is about abuse of escape function, so if a person is trying to escape from getting killed by a flagged player, how are they karmabombing? Either that are using functions in game not to have you kill them or they are forcing you to kill them repetitively to lose karma. It can't be both here.

Lady_Irland likes this.
  15. 2Cents

You don't know the definition of PVP. Don't worry though, you are in a large boat.

Pearl Abyss has no clue.
    Kakao hasn't got the slightest idea.
    Most of the player base doesn't get.

PVP is trolling, griefing, U MAD Brah, hassling, bullying, enjoying ruining others experience, spawn camping, adolescent behavior, GIT GUD, and LOL U Suck. If you THOUGHT it was about two or more players fighting in game, well you where WRONG.

In fact if someone wants to update WIKI go ahead and put that definition in.

Kaylynae likes this.
  16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

...How is a PvE channel with little PvE, and no dungeons, profitable in a game that profits from pretending to have competition??

You defeat the whole purpose of their pearl shop, enhancement system, all their artificial inconveniences they put to insure whales have a reason to whale, with a PvE server.

That's not fear mongering, its common business practice par the course for this company.

The Esc function needs a wait before it activates, that's all there really is to it. Iv been saying this since the first week i got here. There is no reason it should even work when being PvPed, but if you can survive the 20 second wait before it fires, obviously a glitch was occurring, so it serves that purpose.

17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Please just read again. Your last sentence was: "If you just wanted to kill a whole bunch of people why not go to Arsha, that's what it is for." Meaning you implied, that if you just wanted to kill people for no other reason than to annoy them, go arsha. To which I replied that arsha was intented to prevent you from getting karmabombed, not for you to "pvp" people over a spot you do not even want.
    You can not farm on normal channels getting karmabombed and you often can not farm arsha as there are so many people that do not even want to farm. Stars end for example is literally empty, every single spot empty. Yet sometimes you have like 4 players there. You, who wants to farm and three other superbored monkey's, that you surely know by name(if you are eu), that do nothing but follow you around and try to gank upon you.

18. Noixi

Hey WhySo!
    Love your posts as usual.

19. WinterMilla

Arsha server shows what happens when you don't take the full picture into consideration. If you make a server in a competitive game that gives you free rain to kill people with no negatives for the killer and add a %50 drop rate on top of it, your just asking for it to be abused. This same reason is why I don't exactly like the idea of a PvE only server, you will just get people greifing grind spots 24/7. As far as V and Escape goes they are fine as they are, all I'm reading is "I wanted to kill them but they ran" just more drawn out. If your goal was to make them leave your spot and they V away boom goal achieved. If you goal was to engage in one-sided beat down, just wait for them to come out of V. As for the Escape you know were they will spawn in so you can just head there or hit Escape yourself if you really want that kill.

I think the karma system in the game is messed up and how they constantly keep talking about group content, but seem to reward solo play more often and punish grouping. In my many years on BDO I rarely felt a need to be in a party as they just slow me down in most cases. However if they made grouping more worth wild for all lvls and gear scores then PKer would have more of a hard time killing players, but not an impossible one. You fix two birds with one stone.

Fearless V likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

who gives a crap about some grindspot scuffle.

think about how its broken in nodewars, rbf etc.