1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People actually enjoy PvP in this game?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Shakor, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Hekki

And Lineage 2 classic - it still use P2P model.

2. The_Lord

maybe you should do some research before either playing the game or cry about it on the forums , this game is a marathon not a sprint , the main goal of BDO is progression , it does take a while and you can be blessed with RNG or not. You do want ATLEAST 450 gs to even start pvping , for the most part i would even say 480 if you want to be able to fight higher geared players and have a small chance.
    And if you are dead in 3-4 seconds that's because you don't know how to play your class ... learn how to use your super armor, iframes and frontal guard, learn how to position yourself properly.

3. Wyper

Excuse me ? Almost every day for two months ? Under 400 gs ? I know guildies that are here since 2 weeks from 2 months and they are all above 450, and as everyone is saying, they're not stoping there, because you shouldn't ever stop in BDO.
    You can reason like in any other mmo where you pvp and be like "Ok, there I have enough, now I'll only pvp" because people around you will not stop. It's skill based. It is, even if you disagree I'm not arguing about that, it is. But, if you're 2 levels behind and 50-100 gs behind you're just a trash mob to the opponent, and it's ok, it should be like that. It would really bother me to be killed by a level 56 that just got awakening and "plays good"

Btw, if you get killed in 3-4 sec, either you f*ck up BIG TIME or you attack/get attacked by someone way above you in terms of power (level/GS)
    For the "playing every day for 2 months" thing, either you play 30min or you're doing it wrong. Look up grind spots according to your ap/dp/class and do some lifeskill... Idk.

4. Ciroc

PVP is nice, but lackluster based on ISP and Servers. Some Desyncs and what not. At the end of the day still better than in other TAB combat based mmos.
    Under 400GS in 8 weeks, thats just sad man. you shouldve at least reached 470 GS by now. wth.

Fearless V likes this.
  5. Razumikhn

This is a very true statement, really until you are rocking around 200 ap and 250+ dp you can't really hit outside of your weight class, even if you are more skilled than your opponent.

Also, if you want the best PvP experience you are going to need to fight people with a ping similar to your own since "someone's" extremely ****ing bad choices mean this game has an intense amount of desync and west coast players win by default.

Lastly, what class are you playing? Not all classes are equally enjoyable to play, some are just kind of boring and too easy. You want to have a really good time? I recommend you play ninja or kuno, but be prepared to work harder on your gear to get less results.

6. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

No because is gear based only, I would like to have an arena similar to gw2 where you have the choice equals and balanced equip for all, where the skill of the player counts more than GS, so it would also be easier to balance the classes because would emerge better if there are imbalances.

The normal arenas should be like Arsha, without buff elixir and more, here it is all about how much money you have and how lucky you were with the enchant, very little about the skill of the player!

#66 Kurtferro79, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  7. i_eat_lemons

bdo and fun in pvp?? hahahahaha ... if friends ask me "how is pvp in bdo?" i answer "desync, lags, bugs, unblanced, gear>gear>class>skill only 1 unbalanced battlefield where you fight vs overgeard players no enjoyable open pvp and no workable pvp endcontent" so i think that is BDO in a few words. I saved a lot of players to join this trash of software...

Hekki likes this.
  8. Nyhver

Arena can help but it also is the opposite when people start taking it serious, that's with the class design and balance

Arenas with anything past 1v1 means it's who you know + composition formula, rather than being solely your own skill and class imbalance it's now class imbalance on 2v2+ which works differently plus who you know and you're dependent on your partner, it isn't your own skill anymore.

From anything we know, there's going to be more OP and easy to play comps for arenas that'd be at the skill floor for skill and inflate rating, as it were, that's a huge problem with the thought that arena is synonymous with skill, it isn't.

Wyper likes this.
  9. Prochilles

What? They added pvp to the game?

People say you start to have fun when you gear up because you slowly become more geared than other players, which for some reason gives people the illusion of being skilled, which in turn makes everyone turn into disrespectful jerks. You will occasionally get into a great fight where lag, gear, etc don't overly benefit compared to the enemy and you will be amazed how fun it will be. But, sadly...

10. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Only when you get to smash undergeared players mainly because a majority of players lack the actual skill to fight anyone toe to toe and crumble to dust when fighting someone of their equal gear caliber.

11. Magnus

pvp in this game is pure cancer. You have overbuffed shitclasses than got ez to abuse OP skills and then you have the rest.
    There is no balance. All those who do actual pvp are gear carried, 10vs1, ciclejerking stream-kids or warrior/mystic/striker
    Stop playing, find a better game and enjoy your peace.

12. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

This guy is completely right. If you are looking for a somewhat skill based MMO where gear and class isn't everything. Look no further than ESO, GW2, Eve Online, and even Elite Dangerous if you like flying. There are more than likely more, but these are one's that I personally plays.

There are options out there for skill based PvP in a MMO. You are just not going to get here. You better go prey to that RNG god in this game, or go look for fun elsewhere.

13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Well...it appears they are probably going to change what I said with the Premium Characters that KR has and we'll more than likely get at some point soon. Where you can play a level 60 character with 2500 skill points and ~500gs in areas like Red Battlefield or other closed PvP areas. So, yeah, guess we're gonna have PvP right from the get go soon.

14. Fearless V

I could totally drop another $300 or so getting costumes for characters if this comes to past.

15. LethalAF

hopefully the rbf is separate from regular rbf.

16. Naho

As a new player i got in one month almost full boss armor + weapon TRI just by doing savage rift , you know , that boring thing almost no one does. That's still a decent 700 mil a week if you manage to do 7-10 a day

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I won't, but that won't be a big problem because the gear they will have won't be boss equivalent, it'll probably be like TET Grunil or something at best. I think it'll be enjoyable regardless, might even make one myself, who knows.

18. Seken

Gz for spending for whole time in a virtual game, there is nothing to be proud about man.

10 savage rifts is over 10h of brainless shooting rofl

19. Fearless V

You have to remember what crowd you are addressing.

To these players that is a huge gaming accomplishment. Something that everyone should be proud of them doing.

Stuff like becoming mechanically good like players who have completed Vet Maelstrom Arena or vDSA are casual scrubs to them. Only the most mindless players are congratulated in this group of players. LEL I know, it's the funny logic they share.

Honestly you can't cure stupid. You can only feel sorry for them and move on.

20. UnholyBlackMetal

Dude its because your gear is trash lmao

T800 likes this.