1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People leaving

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Yuusayn, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Roechacca

No I did not know. Did they announce they will close the doors here after release? What's the new game?

2. Restless

they wont close the doors, just most people will want to try something new and hopefully not come back

the game is called air published by kakao and bluehole (pubg)

3. Roechacca

Interesting. I'll google an see what it's about. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Ashenvall

Source ?

Anyway, PA or even kekao seems to not hear this community. But this forum doesn't represent the whole community.
    Some people in game don't use this forum or worse : they don't know there is one.
    Servers are an issue because there are not stable enough when we have a bunch of people playing it at the same time. For example, this summer I gain personaly 20 fps due to holidays because these servers was not crowded. (BTW, even not crowded servers are not stable especially because of boss / golden bells etc...)

5. Rooptsol

I mean a game published by Kako and developed by bluehole what could go wrong. Pretty sure everyone will jump on it.

Not.

Arreyanne and iller like this.
  6. Roechacca

I just looked at that game Air and it looks close to completion. Couldn't understand the language but the gameplay looks similar to here. Steampunk world with fantasy elements like dragons mixed into the story. Player built housing and free flight system. That could be a reason this place isn't getting as much tlc these days. I'm not big on steampunk and Gatling Guns to fight dragons so I'd rather of seen them add that housing system and free flight here but whatev. That's the way this industry rolls.

7. NVG

NVG

The cycle of BDO
    People leave, servers get less overloaded, everyone is happy. Word spreads out that the game is good again, players come back, servers are laggy again. Everyone is unhappy.People leave, servers get less overloaded, everyone is happy. Word spreads out that the game is good again, players come back, servers are laggy again. Everyone is unhappy. (........) People leave, servers get less overloaded, everyone is happy. Word spreads out that the game is good again, players come back, servers are laggy again. Everyone is unhappy.

Yuusayn and Roechacca like this.
  8. Pavo

1. Kakao is a publisher, so they don't develop **** or anything like that, they are simply a publisher

2. Pa is our developer and they have nothing to do with that game or as far as I know any other project that has been announced. They actually have gone from about 60 or so total employees to over 300 currently since the game has released in NA/ EU.

3. This was the first game KAKAO published. They have multiple business in Korea and this was their first foray into MMO's and PC gaming I think. One of their main businesses are Hair Salons in S. Korea.

Arreyanne and Roechacca like this.
  9. Restless

yeah well bluehole developed tera&pubg, so i trust them more than i trust kakao & pearl abyss already.

although i did love BDO more back when kakao wasnt in the picture.

10. Pavo

Kaka can publish all the games they want, I will never, ever touch a product that has anything to do with KAKA... PA is the same boat.

I'm basically done with gaming after this game. It's all utter **** and P2W b.s. Most games come out buggy, aren't even close to finished, and are rushed as hell.

They can keep their shitty businesses to themselves.

11. Yuusayn

I’m totally about playing a new game from the company,
    it’s the new thing, all games will include micro transactions, but this game isn’t as bad as others, you’d think with all the money they get they could run everything better

12. Evilized

You say nobody will leave but... FML just announced they are leaving the game today. That's one of the top guilds in the game. Gone.

Doubt the others will be around much longer either unless some big changes take place with the core structure of the game and how it's handled.

iller likes this.
  13. iller

For the first time in a year and a half... I'm finally straddling that point of leaving and I'm really bummed about it too because they FINALLY got the Client & Memory framerate Performance on older machines like mine up to the low 20's in larger fights. I'm no longer in the single digits when I charge full gallop into one of the main towns. But a couple other problems have become too pronounced to just write off anymore:

• Frequent Disconnections. ...not just affecting my AFK'ing, it's been affecting my active play and Node Wars attendance too
    • I've never had ANY connection problems in the past.... why am I suddenly being D/C'd now when the servers are EMPTY??
    • Enchanting is AWFUL. 80 fs an no TET to show for it... dying 9 times for every 1 lousy kill I get in T1 nodewars AS WIZARD NO LESS b/c my gear is "Locked" by terrible RNG seeding and ridiculously low "capped" % of success regardless of failstacks.
    • I've got a Billion extra silver in the Bank, and another Billion in Enchanting materials, but I literally CAN NOT SPEND ANY of it right now because of this "GateKeeping" at the 80fs Bottle neck. ...shuffling around more failstacks on other alts is a worthless PLACEBO until PA raises the cap on its failstack math or gives us Cron Energy like K.R. has..
    • T1 nodewars in general are becoming pure AIDS... the last 5 wars I was involved in were 30 of us averaging 420gs ea, being constantly spawn camped by these T2 & T3 guilds who bring 45+ players all @ 480gs and above. Fair fights are becoming impossible to find and it's gonna cause a "hollowing out" of the entire PVP community after there's no more "sheep" for the "wolves" push around.
    • ^ this tells me that there's probably something Balance-failure related even WORSE happening in the T2+ through Siege level if it's pushing this many goddamned guilds down into the mickey mouse leagues and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it all links back to exploits and terrible communication between PA/Kakao and those players

#33 iller, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Yuusayn likes this.
  14. Yuusayn

Well they were more of an unwanted departure, i'm more or less talking about the same people who constantly bombard the forums about how they will leave and not spending a single dime on the company, they constantly say this over and over, and are probably the same people who are bidding on market place items, if people truly had any conviction they'd just leave, since things are so bad, and not even bid on items

15. viciousshark

People are already leaving. 3 months ago, servers were all crowded. Then less crowded. Now, none of them are crowded. It so unusual to see less than 10 people in the Velia fishing spot.

And this is mainly caused by server issues.

16. Restless

First day of the new xpac and not a single crowded servers, yikes, folks... yikes...

bad news for anyone, those that can, or cannot play, those that love, or hate the game.

iller likes this.
  17. Natsett

Given the amount of people having trouble playing on these servers, I'm willing to bet that kakoa publishing Blue Hole's new one could actually be a mistake.

A ton of people being unable to play the current one you publish sure as hell isn't going to convince them to try the new one you publish.

Avonna likes this.
  18. Restless

i firmly believe kakao tried to save money through servers or w/e the hell causes these issues

and they chose the cheapest thing they could find and it broke.

Disclaimer (its just my intuition)

Yuusayn and Roechacca like this.
  19. Natsett

Wide spread disconnects isn't how you encourage anyone to play a new MMO you publish. People won't be leaving BDO for a new game kakoa manages, they'll be leaving because they can't play BDO.

Rilok likes this.
  20. crosspath

Allow me to laugh about that baseless statement you wrote, Olvia channels are empty as F.