1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People leaving

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Yuusayn, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

I see lots of new players who don't play on the Olvia channels, and I see people in server chat asking for newbie advice whenever I log on anymore which, granted, isn't as much as it used to be a month ago.

So no, it isn't baseless.

Edremis likes this.
  2. Yuusayn

I feel like this is a likely culprit, the bandaid didn't hold long

3. crosspath

I have a guild for new players and i have never had a harder time recruiting new people than now, also most of them stop logging after 2-3 weeks.

Just cause of 2 people are asking in chat does not mean that a "constant" amount of players are coming. Dumb statement, dumb excuses.

4. MrSirGuy

Why don't you take your opinion and shove it mate? Your opinion ins so ignorant mate. You do realize the more players on this game the better right? Fish brain level opinion, this must bait. well you got me pal.

5. Yuusayn

Its a valid opinion like any others, its just the fact that more people seem to be complacent with complaining and saying things like, "i've had enough of this company" yet they do no such thing, they just continue to ignore their own convictions and pretend like they have no option but to play, yet they could make a real statement and actually follow through

Shimnao likes this.
  6. Cardiel

I have no idea why you're so butthurt over the truth. BDO has always tried to appeal to new players over keeping older ones on board. Look at the Pearl Store, at the fact that weight limits and inventory and coustumes are character bound. The karma kill increase, Olvia channels, etc.

I didn't say 2 people asked in chat. I see it often.

Also the bolded portion of your quote literally backs up what I'm saying. This game gets people to come into the game, spend money, and then cares less about whether they leave or stay.

Do you know what constant means? It means that new players are coming in steadily, even if it's a trickle. I wasn't insinuating that there are torrents of new players over crowding the servers, just that new players are steadily coming into the game and spending money on start-up costs.

#46 Cardiel, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  7. MrSirGuy

So lets say everyone who complains just magically stopped playing How exactly would that fix anything? Maybe complaining here is a step towards quitting. It's really easy to just not read these Post or complaints. Like how i made a choice on reading and responding to this one. If everyone is screaming fire mate ...maybe because there's a fire. Only you! can prevent forest fires

8. Yuusayn

If everyone magically quit, now that would show them what everyone feels like, what goes on now, is that people will say what they want, yet won't follow through, so basically its saying, well you all said you'd quit, but won't so we call your bluff, so we can carry on with what we were doing

9. SkullMonkey

Welp I'm actually leaving. Don't know if it's permanent but they really have to come up with a compelling reason for me to return. The game after a while just seems like work and a source of frustration. I've been playing other games and having so much more fun I've been like "oh wow... this is what having fun while gaming is like! I remember now!" (warframe *cough *cough)

Between the response to the datamining, lying about exploits to save face, horrible server stability, nerfing my main source of income I can do with my busy schedule (I.E. RIP command to gathering crates) and never releasing any real compelling end game content other than new grind spots and classes (costume cash grab) and the endless grind I just have stopped having fun playing the game.

But I love the combat so if they actually give me any real reasons to grind to endgame or actually make it fun then I might come back. I'll probably be back to try out the absolute skills and mystic but Don't know if I'll stick around after.

At least I had a taste of node wars/sieges and what it was like to be in a great, supportive and organized guild.

Cya for now. Like I said I'll probably be back to try out new content here and there but there needs to be big changes to make me want to do so for any lengthy period of time.

#49 SkullMonkey, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Blusurfer and Yuusayn like this.
  10. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

After the weekend of dc'd every ten to fifteen minutes at Soldier grave I went back to KR, might have 100 ping but at least I dont Dc every time my character takes a step

11. crosspath

What truth? You are delusional, Olvia channels are empty, freaking empty.

Long time since i saw a crowded mark in Olvia... Well actually right now at peak time here in EU and with new content only 9 crowded channels...

Yeah, you convinced me, game is getting 100k new players a day, LUL.

12. Cardiel

I'll post it here again since I edited it in.

You're mistaking the word "constant" for something insinuating massive amounts. When you pee, the stream of tinkle is a *constant* stream, as in it's unbroken and typically steady. It doesn't mean you piss the Niagra Falls' worth.

BDO is getting new players steadily. There's a post on the front page of general right now asking what to best spend pearls on.

BDO cares more about new players because older players have already bought pets, costumes, weight and inventory, maids, etc.

13. Beeso

14. Peisinoe

Hey! shuffle over, I wanna share some of that popcorn! <3

15. Celensra

I don't think population is the issue. The recent updates made everything worse and my friends tell me it's got something to do with the company that Kakao hosts through. Sadly, I don't really understand these sort of things...but losing more players is always always always a bad thing....and who would ever play another game made by the creators when the current one has had so many issues?

16. Beeso

[​IMG]

Peisinoe likes this.
  17. elGos

The issue is that they are using a server host that lets them limit server usage to the minimum they need to save costs. Thats why the game is laggy af and thats why it doesnt matter if ppl leave or not.

18. Peisinoe

Thanks hun :-D

Beeso likes this.
  19. patagarucha

20. Yuusayn

it doesn't bother me if they quit, its more about the notion that they atleast are able to say when enough is enough, and plus to many people have this idea in their head that what they spend in game will last them forever, to me, i don't actually care if the game goes under, i'll move onto another game and put money into it, because thats how games go