1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People leaving

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Yuusayn, Nov 15, 2017.

1. crosspath

Please source, about BDO getting new players steadily, please.

constant (kŏnˈstənt)

• adj.
      Continually occurring; persistent.
    • adj.
      Regularly recurring: plagued by constant interruptions.
    • adj.
      Unchanging in nature, value, or extent; invariable. See Synonyms at continual.

2. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Yes, that is the definition of constant. The one I just told you. Nowhere in it does it say "massive amounts", nor did I ever say it.

My source is seeing new players in game every time I've logged in the past few months. What's your source that there are literally no new players? Your dismal guild roster? :thinking:

It sounds more like to me that you misunderstood what I was saying and got angry for some reason. I feel like you're arguing with me about something I never said lol.

3. _Kae_

I don't know the full conversation, since I really don't care to review all your posts, but what crosspath says is true. It has been a while since I've seen all Olvia servers say "crowded" and even longer since the last time I've seen "overrun". But of course, there are always new players coming in, but not so many as before I would assume.

On the topic of people wanting to leave and not actually leaving... I think it really comes down to people not enjoying BDO despite actually "wanting" to enjoy it (which is why they stay). At least that's the way I feel. I really think this game is amazing in certain aspects, which makes me want to play, but other aspects are horrific (garbage servers, rng-based upgrade system, boring as all fk grinding, etc) which in turn, also makes me want to leave.

4. crosspath

My source is that i go to Olvia to recruit often. Far better than yours, just cause one topic in forums and one guy in chat, LUL.

The problem is that you use words that are too big for you, first learn how to use "constant" then use it. Specially when you have zero data to know if they are getting X new players a week.

One thing is clear, far more people are leaving than the ones coming, far more.

5. Cardiel

I never argued that Olvia channels aren't barren. Literally have never set foot in one. I said I've seen new players on the regular channels. Dude got angry and kneejerked a response to my post without considering what I was saying which is that BDO cares about new players more than player retention.

6. Cardiel

I legitimately don't think you know how to talk to people, dude.

Shimnao likes this.
  7. crosspath

Your command of language is pretty neat as well.

8. Pavo

You're honestly not much better.

You basically just argued, to agree with him for the last how many posts. The only thing you guys really are disagreeing about is how many people are leaving.

So, you just egged him on, now you are salty about it?

Did I just summarize it correctly? Or we gonna argue about "how correct" I am for the next 2 pages?!

9. Cardiel

Wat? He initiated the argument with me.

Bahska likes this.
  10. Bahska

I haven't played in two weeks outside of node wars. One in which i got stuck inside the fort upon tping in and lagged across the entire war zone through mountains. The constant nerfing of lifeskill stuff doesn't make me want to keep playing either. Lots of other fun games, with less issues and devs that care about their product to play as well that i feel deserve my attention more.

People stick around out of hope things will change for the better just like how people go back to Archeage when they do the fresh start servers, dreaming of a non p2w version for a couple of months before their hopes and dreams are dashed away by greed.

#70 Bahska, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  11. viciousshark

Major players leaving as well. Look at bdo reddit.

12. Yuusayn

I thought the only major player was Blade B, so till he gets the boot i think we are safe

13. viciousshark

FML

14. DrJeckel

ummm....and you're asking why people complain? The reason they may have not left yet is because they want a solution or at least acknowledgment of the problem from people responsible for making this game's experience an enjoyable one but instead of this we get a bunch of crap on a twitter feed that doesn't pertain to the current status of the game and not to mention the broken patches that make the game progressively worse.

Let me ask you this...if your cell phone service stopped working, would you complain or just cancel your service? Unfortunately, your precious phone may not be completely paid for so you would have to buy your way out of your contract (equaling a penalty for leaving or an investment in to your current phone). With that being said, people have invested time and money in to this game and don't really want to see their investment go to waste thus threatening to quit the game until service improves. The problem with of these actions both on the phone analogy and the game are that the service providers have us by the b**** and continue to do nothing to improve the service leaving us at a stale mate.

So, how would you solve this problem for an invested customer? As you stated, this seems to be an ongoing problem that they can't or are unwilling to fix. Also, people ARE actually leaving...guild members are just not coming on anymore because they keep getting disconnected. I have been disconnected repeatedly over the past few days and I wouldn't call that service worth sticking around for, would you? At what point would you get annoyed or frustrated? The white knight routine doesn't work when there is a glaring problem with service.

15. 2Cents

Right, so see you, good bye. Your gone right? I mean why would you stay? Your time is pointless here this 6 year old game will die anyways.

Good luck BYE

You're leaving RIGHT?

RIGHT!@!!!!!!!!!!!

16. iller

well you'll be happy to know then that when I quit a game, I don't continue to hang around its forums. I might Lurk them for an hour anytime there's another major patch down the line, but I've never even made an "I quit" post (But I defend the people who DO, b/c it's still feedback, it's still usually couched in "here's what you could have done, publisher, but you didn't")

17. PDFS

At launch, I got to top 20 cooking and top 10 training at one point. Yeah, the leaderboards are pointless, but my point is that I played a great deal in a short time and had significant interest in developing my character along those two lines. But you know what both of those things entail (training especially)? Large amounts of "idle" time, where my character is doing something but I am not playing.

I'm nowhere near the top now because I took a break for almost a full 12 months. I took that break because I couldn't stay connected to the server long enough to EVER get my horses leveled up. I would come back to check on my cooking and see that I only used 25 of 5k ingredients. Back then, I could grind for an hour at a time between DCs, but I would die once the lag hit and it was frustrating. I upgraded my connection (even though other games had no issue), my hardware, and here I am a year later. I can't fish, I can't train horses, I can't queue up a cooking order, I can't grind mobs because I will lag and die...

I'm about to take another break. Except...why the hell would I come back to this game and be 2 years behind? I should pay for a VPN so you can use the cheapest hosting available? Even the VPN doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. While I was able to enjoy a solid two weeks at the end of October, its been up and down multiple times a day since then. It isn't my job to figure out your connection issues, and this is reminding me of the long MONTH of horsecrap I put up with before I ditched BDO the first time. When I come back from a disconnect and the server chat is full of "FKN KAKAO STOP DROPPING ME" I'm not about to go and unplug my router a couple of times. If a game is going to focus so much on idle activity, the one thing that has to work is the goddamn connection.

Are you gonna get your ducks in a row or not?

18. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Why stay in a game that you can barely play anymore? You are being DCed as soon as you log in. This is such a mess.

19. viciousshark

Sad thing is I don't think KK has the capacity to do anything. KKs communication with PA I'd absolutely horrendous. Hence why patches are unstable, perhaps upgrading server infrastructure need PAs approval as well.

This has been a failure of a partnership between the two

20. Yuusayn

I’m not against feedback but let’s face it I know you’ve been around long enough that it’s almost always the same people who recycle their stance