1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People leaving

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Yuusayn, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Yuusayn

If I was unhappy I’d leave, if people were truly “done” they’d just leave but it’s obvious ppl just like to recycle themselves, if I truly hated a company enough I wouldn’t care about a buyout which really had no bearing since you aren’t forced to invest anything past the purchase price, I’ve invested thousands in this game, and wouldn’t think twice to walk away, but none of the problems are big enough for that to happen, I just laugh at all the ppl saying this game and these devs are the worst ever, obviously they haven’t played enough games, it’s like the p2w argument ppl will complain all day but obviously not p2w enough for them to quit to make any point

2. Nyhver

That's because they aren't truly done or they like lingering around on the forums for whatever reason, it happens in multiple games.

With a game some of the reasons can be and with this one probably are that there's nothing better, that can be in a good light or bad light, given the constant criticisms this game definitely has some big drawbacks, instead of simply being the optimistic truth of "it's the best fastest smoothest most efficient most fun car to date, it's so great" they have very different results despite both being saddled by the underlying truth.

A lot of it's recycled, but just about everything is. Ideas, thinking, behavior, everything. This game is P2W but it's not too bad, the pets and weight plus if you want it things like artisan memories mean quite a bit, but if you can get over the initial buy price it's not egregious, it's up to people whether they want those pets or the weight or the value pack or if they want to get T4 pets. I left this game a few months ago after a node war where I comboed people into a float and airsmash and they resisted it or rubberbanded/desynced out of it about 7 times, after I cc'd them and they should have been hit, that's when I had it and quit. A lot of the gripes I have are still present- Too much RNG on everything, from PvP more importantly then things like gear, too, gear meaning too much, gear being justified by meaning too much because it's locked by hefty grind hours and RNG which can benefit you or destroy you, which along with things like afk activities speak volumes about how this game is designed- a lot of it is desolate, a lot of it is just waiting. Grinding mobs isn't a whole lot better, get lots of AP, have T4 pets, very mindless.

To be fair, some of this is hard to say, everything has a drawback, doing nothing has a drawback as well as doing something. For some reason, it seems to me that leveling in more hardcore vanilla WoW still had more fun moments and it'd only be vastly hurt if the population was extremely low or nonexistent as expected, compared to BDO. It wasn't as bad as BDO leveling is. There some differences, BDO doesn't have a level cap, warcraft does, BDO is focused on extremely heavy mob density killing and efficiency, with warcraft you could do quests and there wasn't a kill packs of mobs t4 pets standard. But for all the differences going into why leveling is fun or unfun or not as long, I'm not too focused on this issue either, it's mostly the P2W and pvp design issues, along with the staple of server stability, this seems like it's been going on for awhile and it's mostly just an issue with this game, if there's some kind of issue with the ISPs such as conspiring against cocoa, I'm open to the idea, but that is a stretch.

The "quit or go play another game" idea is a bad standard, to some level it makes sense but it's a very defeatist and convenience based argument. It's not an argument based on whether something is good or bad. If a game made a bad mistake or doesn't make the right choice it can be traced back to someone that gave feedback on how it make it better, but any mention of any progression towards anything including games being better can be finished with the argument "go play another game" if the argument holds any consistent validity

The game is all the more bad, mediocre or dead for it.

It's mainly just that people like 2nonsense need to stop being silly ducks

i fkn swear to lucifer m8 he'll praise rng as life blood then deride it in the next thread

this guy

3. Morticae

Not sure what you're basing that idea on. I haven't spent a dime on BDO since I threatened not to with the karma nerfs. I'm sure there are others who have done the same, and I know for a fact that a lot of players have been leaving--lots of revolving doors in top guilds these days. Sad to see it go this way.

4. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

5. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

You guys can berate people complaining all you want. There is a real problem that didn't exist before steam. We've gone from stable up-time to completely unreliable. We can't grind or do world bosses for fear of disconnecting mid-fight.

They will leave eventually. For now, they will stop investing money into their characters, starting with outfits and cosmetic, followed by value packs. The cumulative investment in a game will keep people for a while. With every new disconnect, it forces them to reevaluate again. That's death for a micro-transaction game.

Kakao need to communicate what the problem is, compensate appropriately to buy some time and good will, and fix the problem. Blaming ISPs won't cut it.

6. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

If only the mmorpg community did the same thing that the gaming community to EA is doing against Battlefront 2.

7. ambyentlight

90% of the quitters dont actually quit, they simply take a break and return.

It's also a proven fact the people who say they wont spend another dime on this game will eventually spend again on the game.

0ppa likes this.
  8. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Watch what happens to the numbers now that Kama 2 is out and theres no more real content coming anytime soon (aside from Mystic).

Watch it happen even faster if servers continue to run at a poor quality.

Reave711 likes this.
  9. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

How do you prove that? There will be some who return, some who quit permanently, some who continue to pay, some who give the credit card back to their mom.

The hidden stats fiasco coupled with constant disconnects most definitely hurt their bottom line, temporarily if nothing else. We see very little being done about it. That feeling is amplified for those who have played longer and experienced a perfectly stable game.

10. Dag

Dag

Why take screenshots..... I want to level.. Grinding sucks ...........................................servers so messed up !!!

11. Reave711

Pretty much this, unless PA pushes out a new area in kr that people are able to get hype about in the next couple months the population is going to dive

It will dive a lot faster if they can't fix their issues with leaseweb

Personally I'm hoping the new ironworks area comes out with an awesome class that would be competitive that I actually like playing

12. Drustein

Perhaps what you really need to do if your weary of people griping on the forum is quit the forum. The will ALWAYS be unhappy threads here, because someone is always unhappy.

13. Operativ

Personal unhappiness has always been an open issue in just about every industry, as nothing is ever perfect. It usually comes down from the lack of certain features missing, existing ones being more difficult to take part in or means of personal gain being limited. This all happens, whether in this kind of industry or another, and is unavoidable. Servers can experience lag, disconnects and other issues - this all can happen, no matter how 'professional' the company is.

I think that people are not leaving, but merely trying to mostly point the present issues out in their own way (whether calmly, or in frustration). This is natural in an MMORPG like Black Desert Online, because the customer care is particularly high in here between the developer and the publisher, people do get their feedback heard and considered, whether now or after a month's period of time.

Personally I am rather satisfied with how the game operates on a day-to-day basis and the quality of the support as well as of the game itself is quite high. I come from another game, which had a maximum population of maybe ten thousand during the starting times, effectively reduced to three to four thousand of active players and then ending up with roughly three to four hundred of active players due to the publisher change after the developer wanted to globalise the game under itself. Now Black Desert Online is a game with hundreds of thousands of active players on both of the regions and state of the game is very healthy and indeed competitive as a game of its kind.

In the end, the complaints are bound to happen, whether the quality is good or bad, since nothing is easily made and predicted to be fully working everywhere without any issues, however your feedback is surely heard by both of the companies all the time to monitor the state of the game and how to develop it further.

14. piratebeowolf