1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

People Quitting By The Droves

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by aswedishtiger, May 16, 2018.

1. Kharognar

2. magret

I don't quit, i work on a T4 kuku pet

Ruffe likes this.
  3. Beeso

Even Jeff Goldblum needs the grace of Buddha, and I am already home.

[​IMG]

XLucaX and Peisinoe like this.
  4. aswedishtiger

Whoa whoa whoa put this evidence away people HATE the truth. They enjoy living in ignorance and say things like "complainers on the forums" and "game isnt dead, seems crowded to me" hurr durr. No.

You want crowded? Try playing at launch
    You want crowded? Who remembers the Gravity digging meme days?
    Or when Orca was spearheading assaults on Valencia.

Oh hell even SODAPOPPIN was playing the damn game! LMAO

So many ****ing players logged in dude if you didn't have a mafia of 4 people to take ANY grind spot you were literally waiting by the horses for a spot to open up
    You want crowded? Who remembers the Steam launch?

Literally point to any point in BDO's history except recently. That's NOT dead

Nowadays? You MIGHT fight ONE person to get a spot then probably won't even be bothered for 10 hours straight.
    That's not good. That's DEAD

Scixer, BTTANKER, Ruffe and 7 others like this.
  5. BaldVulture

i mean, they dont care about those who quit, because those who quit are not invested in the game and arn't spending $ weekly on costumes and artisans. besides no matter what they do they will never lose as many people as when they introduced value packs and pearl items to marketplace. active player loss was so bad they went from 3 servers na to just 1, and same in EU. must of lost 1/2 thier population with that one single move. many of us thought it was a betrayal as the game clearly was moving from a convience cash shop to a pay for serious advantage cash shop./ i stopped playing when i relized devs have no clue why pvp is unbalanced, or they simply trying to avoid the simple fact that it cannot be balanced if some ppl go into NW with pri gear while others have pen, and that making pen gear as easy to obtain as +15 was at launch would make peole realize just how shallow BDO actually is. its not like leveling is something that matters every1 is 61 or 62 now, so lvl gap is fixed, but they just wont fix gear gap. as i said nothing to do afterwards except pvp, and also it would kill one of thier main source of income, artisan memeories. Sadly at this time i have no mmo to play, thank god for game like pillars of eternity and dark souls. never playing another asian mmorpg again, but i will come back here every week in the hopes they fix the enhancement system. till then hope you all have fun!

6. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Mystic 61 NA

did you really just screen shot steam charts while theres maint lmao.

7. Lemon Crush

I remember.

I remember getting **** on in Edan by merely looking in the direction of an Ogre.

I remember sausens...... week long wars were fought over sausens. Then came pirates..... oh the drama the memes the egos.

I remember.

Ruffe, Stillwaters and Andaro like this.
  8. aswedishtiger

My son. We have seen the Great Wars.

The wars are over now. The lands are a barren wasteland and these newcomers proclaim it's flourishing? I laugh

9. Ashildreas

I wouldn't be surprised if these stupid changes are to encourage people to change mains to whatever the new **** is, new costume sales inventory expansions and the like.

Ruffe and Bizmarc89 like this.
  10. MechGorak

quitting or not, guild membes down from 80 to 60

Ruffe likes this.
  11. aswedishtiger

Guild down from 100 to 72

"game is thriving"

Ruffe and Nakria like this.
  12. TheReason

None of my friends are really playing anymore. I've also lost motivation to login.

Ruffe likes this.
  13. TheBadMan

TheBadMan TheBadMan Valkyrie EU

Oh i miss the good old days...
    My thoughts exactly. **** storm will settle. Acc to poll 70ish% want to quit buying, 15% declare they quit for good. Lets say 20% will actualy stop buying pearls for real, and 5% will actualy quit for good.
    They dont care. they gutted warrior, ranger, tamer and valk. Wiz and Striker are standing strong. Theres a self propeling hype for their boss gear on market atm.
    Sad truth? PA will break even on this whole mess. Only victims will be us... well you, as im one of the 5% that are actualy done(with pearls spent going into thousands sadly).
    I wish you guys the best. PA is worse than EA.
    Goodbye.

Ruffe likes this.
  14. aswedishtiger

whoa whoa whoa what are you talking about dude? this game is "thriving" and not dead at all. All your friends are still playing stop lying! This game will never die geesh guys stop complaining! This game's playerbase has never been larger!

Kappa

charkus, Ruffe, Cruornex and 3 others like this.
  15. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

Perhaps people will quit. But people throwing numbers like guild members down are giving us irrelevant data. BDO is a game with high turnover of new players. Most guilds have to keep recruiting to get new players to replace those who quit. The issue is less prevalent among geared players (soft cap range) as they generally have weathered through the enhancing system.

Guilds lose players. That is just the way the game works. And grind spots are less crowded because we have more viable grind spots. At steam release, many Valencia spots were not viable and we did not have Kama. And if talking about even earlier (I have only played for a year), grind spots were more contested as the choices were basically sausans and pirates for decent returns.

BDO will never be a mainstream MMO that caters to the masses. I have not noticed a significant drop in active players. Grind spots are still contested. Nodes are still contested. We run into different guilds each node war. While I can't speak for small dips in population, nothing so far indicates a major loss of players.

The recent changes are a bit confusing. Perhaps they will cause players to leave. But we will have to wait and see. For now, I am more concerned about them balancing the game properly (so PvP is more fun) than some people quitting the game due to balance.

16. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Game is FULL!!11!!1!!
    Bless is crap!!11!!!!
    BDO is at its MAX!1!!1!11
    So much CONTENT!111!!!

Scixer, Ruffe and Kilreve like this.
  17. Yuusayn

This latest patch is funny, now can the ppl who say they are going to quit, ACTUALLY quit this time, lul go play Bless tab targeting in 2018 sounds great

Arreyanne and Mistermoff like this.
  18. Bizmarc89

Whats funny is all the people who say "so let dem quit, more grind spots for me hurrdurr" like that's a good thing. Less people, less income, less content, less everything.

Scixer, charkus, Ruffe and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lemon Crush

Guild up from 96 to 98.

Look I can put out irrelevant stats too!

Ruffe, Mgp and Andaro like this.
  20. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Thats to much for these People to understand, short sighted.

BTTANKER, Ruffe and Bizmarc89 like this.