1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perhaps the best feature on test server?

Discussion in 'Global Test Server' started by Lemon Crush, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

I told people that combat felt different somehow, smoother. Looks like the days of high fps = high dps are gone.

- The change has been made to fix the issue where frame per second (hereafter FPS) would affect skill combo mechanism, which lead to a situation where abnormally fast key commands were available with certain PC environment.

- Please note that some skill combos that were used with certain PC environment can be unavailable with this change. We intend to make further improvements so that all skill combos can be used regardless of PC environment.

- We are going to have this change thoroughly tested in Global Lab (Test Server) before actually implementing to the live service.

Fateneko, Galatia, Kismet and 9 others like this.
  2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

I think it's a good change

3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

So another good change.

4. Kenwulf

Wow, that sounds great! Can't wait to try it.

5. 6footgeeks

thats actually amazing

6. nolasigns

Good. Maybe it will cut down on some of the balance rants.

7. Andaro

Ambassador

WHOA...WHOA WHOA WHAO WAIT.

but devs don't listen remember? This must be fake right?

Chicken little better run, the sky be falling soon.

/sarcasm

Smileybones likes this.
  8. Blitzball

This only affect warrior tbh

9. Nosimo

The whole blurb is:

● Fixed the issue where the maximum scan rate could be applied higher than 60Hz.

● Changes have been made so that key command can only be applied maximum 60 times a second.

※ We apologize for the incorrect information previously announced on the patch note.

- The change has been made to fix the issue where frame per second (hereafter FPS) would affect skill combo mechanism, which lead to a situation where abnormally fast key commands were available with certain PC environment.

- Please note that some skill combos that were used with certain PC environment can be unavailable with this change. We intend to make further improvements so that all skill combos can be used regardless of PC environment.

- We are going to have this change thoroughly tested in Global Lab (Test Server) before actually implementing to the live service.

This line:
    ● Fixed the issue where the maximum scan rate could be applied higher than 60Hz.
    should be scratched through like it was cancelled (the strikethrough didn't copy pasta) which is good because it sounded like they capped fps to 60 to start then decided to cap key input instead which is probably better unless it makes input feel janky at higher fps.

Now I wonder how/if they will fix network latency differences because they are a bigger issue than fps which people might start to notice after the fps thing gets addressed.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  10. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

At least they'll be forced to actually take a look at latency. :P

11. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

Is this a serious post? If it is, this is great!

I've had noticeable differences in the damage I can do in a combo (and the timing) compared to some people with my same gear doing the same skills and animation cancels, I just get (usually) dropped to 30 fps in combat and they're at 100+. Things have always felt clunky, on my end.

Not that I am inclined to jealousy or perceiving this as an unfair advantage, but I will be really happy to be on more equal footing if this is implemented on NA servers. I'm also capped at max 60fps because of my particular laptop screen - physically limited 60Hz refresh rate. I'm using a (lol) Alienware which is a fairly popular brand for gaming so there will probably be a lot of people out there in the same boat and so 60fps is a good benchmark.

#11 ViktoryiaV, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Galatia, Reigne Irkalla and Kismet like this.
  12. Smilence

Duck this, I just bought a 144hz monitor, now we back to ancient days.

13. TogameGG

It seems like you’re having some trouble with comprehension. They’re not capping the visual FPS to 60, meaning you still can use a 144hz monitor to the fullest if you get 144+ FPS. What they are capping is the input. Before, the higher your FPS, the faster your input would be. This meant that people with more FPS had more DPS. Now everyone will be capped at the same input FPS, so that advantage will be gone.

14. Smilence

That’s exactly I was aiming for, buy a good monitor and can legeally cheat lol

This game is not for the poor, p2w in every way

Lemon Crush likes this.
  15. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

lel

16. kakodaimonos

You don't need an expensive Monitor to uncap frames.

17. 6footgeeks

So they are trying to make the game less p2w. No more p2w better setup advantage !!

18. CookieNite

I truly hope this is for real because it'll be an amazing step forward.

19. Nosimo

At 30fps your still going to be slower, what they are doing isn't a proper fix, it is a typical PA bandaid.

20. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

Alas, I know I'll still be slower, but thankfully the difference won't be as great.