1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet issues acknowledged - Compensation

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Kabz, Jun 6, 2019.

1. CM Kabz

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

After the regular maintenance on June 5th, we have discovered an issue with the Pet Exchange function of all Pet tiers, leading to abnormal results in their talents and skills.

Due to this, we will apply a hotfix shortly to restrict all Pet Exchanges for the time being; the issue will be resolved with the maintenance of June 12th and then the following measures will be taken:

1. Your affected pet(s) will have the abnormal skills removed and a new random skill will be given. *Your pet will not lose the skill/talent received from exchanges performed prior to 6/5 08:00 UTC (regular maintenance).
    2. As compensation for the new random skill, 1 Wizard Ghosphy pet will be given out for every affected pet in your possession. This counts for the pet that came out as the result of the exchange, not the pets used for the base of the exchange. *Please make sure not to select a skill to inherit if you wish to obtain a random skill through an exchange with the Wizard Ghosphy).

[Updated June 6, 12:00 UTC]

We have also discovered that your pet may also acquire abnormal skill(s) by newly registering a T2 - T4 pet or obtaining a new skill for your T1 pet. The above measures will be applied in these situations as well.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

#1 CM Kabz, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
    Zev and Andaro like this.
  2. Erdbeertörtchen

Someone told me about the „special skills“ the shudad dog has. So i decided to get mine on T4 (had so buy some limited pets).

Well, happens to be an issue, im fine with that.

But is it possible to get my pearls refunded?
    I wouldn‘t have had made it to T4 otherwise.

Yulanda and MrTwo like this.
  3. Rimisa

Rimisa ItsFreja Lahn 61 NA

And this is not enough for an urgent maintenance?

4. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

Why would it be? They dont make the fixes in an hour then just push it through. Fixes are also being made in KR.

There was a huge gamebreaking bug in MENA, allowing people to make billions upon billions but since there was no fix, they couldnt just put it on maintenance. When the bug was fixed, they just punished the abusers and be done with it.

5. Rimisa

Rimisa ItsFreja Lahn 61 NA

I mean, they've done urgent maintenances for less

6. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Create a ticket on the website. I believe they refund pearls in most situations if it has been within 72 hours of purchase. So it's worth to try.

Or remember that bug where Witch ultimate gave their targets 6 stacks of accuracy buffs that in return caused your enemy to completely wipe your blob in nodewars? That bug existed for 2 weeks before it was fixed during a regular maintenance.

7. Dlooby

So getting a tier3 cat with dura decrease and weight increase is abnormal i guess?

8. Doom Smack

What about pets that got normal skills during this period, they will be left alone?

9. MrTwo

They should reroll and refund us the pearl for the one that affected.

i wouldn't have spend 200 dollars on pearl to roll my pet. also, "1 Wizard Ghosphy pet will be given out for every affected pet in your possession." This not reasonable.
    I don't want your Wizard Ghosphy, if i want it i would have bought it. I spend my money my own way, not your BDO Team suggest.

Platinia likes this.
  10. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

- Your pet will be given back a random skill if it was affected
    - The wizard ghosphy has a random skill
    - Exchange your pet with the wizard ghosphy without selecting a skill to get new random skills

Soooo, not 1 but 3 chances to get the skills you want to have. I don't see the problem here.

Andaro likes this.
  11. kakodaimonos

It's not urgent if you are pushing sales with it.
    People might think this is an event or whatever and start buying pets. Then it get's reverted and people get the announced compensation. Some might want a refund others might just say whatever and then they got some money out of this "bug".

I mean seriously... we all know how greedy they got and they try to do everything now to milk the players.

Ruffe and MrTwo like this.
  12. Rayin

Problem is: if you order a Lasagna in a restaurant and the employers tells you that in some of those Lasagna they've accidentally dropped in it 50 golden nuggets - worth more than dish itself - if they decide to take them back as soon as those reach your table, they can't give you several layers of Lasagna's fill dough, tomato sauce, besciamella, parmesan, basil (and all the basic ingredients for a Lasagna), to make up for it.

You paid for a Lasagna, you should get your money back or have another Lasagna of the same quality, no more, no less, no different.

#12 Rayin, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Artorias_Dusk and MrTwo like this.
  13. tvremotechair

so pet exchanges are locked for the duration of the limited pet sale? please extend the sale so we can go for upgrades while they are available.

14. lavalava

has pet exchange now been disabled? missing status update in OP.

15. tvremotechair

it said they would be locked in the server message im pretty sure.

16. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

So what happens to the pet if you rolled the abnormal skill and then rolled it back off again? I thought it was really weird when my wolf got the durability decrease and it caused me to roll again because I wanted to make a life skill

Honestly you should just refund everyone who exchanged pets during this period.

Sibyyl likes this.
  17. Stabby

Pet crap? Compensation for NA server instability when? We're losing Ellions Tears by the droves!!!!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Terarizer

oof there were people in my guild myself included that rolled multiple pets because we thought the mechanics had changed... this may not end well just randomly rolling off skills. Your gonna cost people a decent chunk of money by taking those skills away they rolled for..

Ruffe likes this.
  19. Doom Smack

Naw cause I actually had good luck with rolls, and didn't get any out of place skills or talents. Havent upgraded pets for long long time, talk about timing lol.

20. Doom Smack

Problem could be people bought more pets and such based on skill/talents they were getting.

Would it be a better solution to leave the quirky mixed up talents/skills people got, and compensate in another way? I don't know but from what I gather they were still all usual skill/talents that exist, just mixed up? I don't see much advantage given by that (unless someone can point it out).

As for disadvantage for people getting skill/talent they didn't want and shouldn't have gotten, free wizard(s) then - I don't know, maybe they need contact for it, or an npc they can fix it at (unlikely), or free wizard for everyone, lol.