1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Names & Picture Mode

Discussion in 'PvE' started by Ossyrana, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Ossyrana

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place... I can't think of really what the proper category would be to fit this lil topic, so I just picked what seemed closest for me to put out this small feedback.

Is there a way to turn off seeing our pets' names in game, just as we can do with our character's name visibility via settings? It just gets kinda chaotic, especially with birds zooming all around me (would be a subtler ambiance without all their names flying around too), and doesn't feel as natural. Takes me out of the realism of the game, but with my pets checked in and gone from my screen, I feel immersed. And no, I don't want to just not use pets lol. I'll still love the game either way, but this is just my personal feedback that would be an extra added nice choice to have.

This also brings me to ask - is there a picture mode that makes all the UI temporarily disappear? Ya know, for like screenshots and taking time out to just view the scenery. I know the hotkeys for it in other games, but they didn't seem to work here, and I couldn't find it in the hotkey tab of settings. Thanks so much!

Also... is there a way to change our pets' names? I might've missed it somewhere...

Hope everyone's doing well.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  2. Issiana

Issiana Tamer 61 NA

Control +u turns off ui.
    There is akso various camera tools for screenshots available in that mode to.

As for pets. In ganecsettings you can select hide all pets to never see them again.

Wyrmdancer likes this.
  3. Wyrmdancer

I don't recommend not using pets altogether. They loot for you and some of them do useful things like flag harvestable items in the environment. There is a tab under General setting called Show/Hide I believe, that allows you to toggle to see all pets, just your pets, and no pets. Remember to hit Apply! Personally I like seeing my pets as I have group specific pets and that's one of the ways I remember to switch.