1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by devante, Dec 1, 2017.

?

Which pet

1. Hedgehog

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Bear

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Blame your ISP

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. devante

Ok so my buddy is almost 30, so when he hits 30 should I go with hedgehog or bear? I ask because I don't gather, I afk fish and grind mobs for my silver. Have been since launch. So would the bear be more beneficial as a result of my playstyle, or would you still advise I go with the hedgehog?

2. JustSomeGuy

The hedgehog special is for gathering. If you don't gather I guess any pet would be of more use to you.

3. Korvgubben

Well I dont think you needed a poll for this but I went ahead and gave the only serious vote yet :P

4. Hemuk

You may gather eventually but what you will unboubtedly do is afk process, I say get the bear this and 8 more times (if it gets to that) and leave a spot open to get a Sonic; now we know having multiple/higher tiers, doesnt increase the gathering proc rate so 1 is enough; that'd be the smart long term move imho.

5. Korvgubben

Have this copypasta from KR been proven wrong?

• T1 hedgehog's (LV1) gathering increase skill works at about 15%
    • T2 hedgehog's (LV1) gathering increase skill works at about 18%
    • T3 hedgehog's (LV1) gathering increase skill works at about 23%
    • T4 hedgehog's (LV1) gathering increase skill works at about 28%

6. Hemuk

Yeah, the theory is that they've changed it to avoid outrage since steam players cannot get acces to gifting the game to get it; it does work in Korea tho but streamers like Incendar have tested this thoroughly x4 T1, T3, 1T2 and a T3, other people have even tried T4 it's all flat.

Vix likes this.
  7. Korvgubben

Sad to hear the day after I bought 2 gift passes...

Although I currently only have 4 pets (2xT3 and 2xT1) so a T2/T3 in addition to that will help a lot when grinding.

Good to make sure there are several good reasons before making a purchase in Bad Rng Online ^^

8. AlnilamE

If you are afk fishing and don't have Penguins, then you want the polar bear. If you have a T3 penguin, then you don't because they don't stack with each other.

9. Vix

Vix

Thanks for the info, I was considering buying passes for those, good to know there's no real need :D

10. AlnilamE

That makes no sense though. Why put it in the rewards for gift passes if it cannot be improved?

11. Vix

Vix

Probably because it's arguably the most p2w pet of them all.
    And it can still have improved pick up speed and passives.

12. Thanak

The Hedgehog is a game changer for harvesting.... The bear is a just a nice to have.

At some point in the future, you might decide to build a sailboat or simply to harvest for hard/sharps... If that happen you will regret not taking the hedgehog.

Vix likes this.
  13. devante

Seeing how my penguin won't stack with the bear my choice is easy. Thanks everyone for the constructive points of view.

Vix likes this.
  14. Hemuk

Cause it can, you can still go up on tiers, it just doesnt improve the rate at which you get extra stuff; it still gives life exp and new players will be able to choose between this or the $44 bundle in the pearlshop which is something most of us didnt have the luxury of.

This pet is one of the most arguably p2w aditions to this game; we get a flat 30%, which is the best Korea can hope for by breeding, going further than that would be agregious, and even more due the fact that steamies and people that have already used all their passes on Polas Bears would be left out of the deal, they're just avoiding outrage.

Vix likes this.
  15. zhagsten

I use a VPN to loot faster.

16. AlnilamE

I don't understand the bolded part. I never used a pass to gift the game to someone. I just got the gift package and sent them that code. All my passes are still intact.

17. Hemuk

Idk what's confusing about my statement, the gift option's been there for like 8 months, so people have had 8 months to give away passes for Polar Bears (myself included) so in this last 8 months IF you have gifted the game 10 times, you'll have no gift passes left to get the hedgehog, and you'll be left out of this recent change, cause they dont reset the passes or let you do it more than 10 times.

18. AlnilamE

OK, so if I understand you correctly, the way you do this is by sending someone a Guest Pass from your account page (there's a limit of 10 of those), and THEN gifting them the game?

I only ever went straight to the "order now" button, bought the gift package for 9,99 and sent the code to my friend. This has not affected my guest passes in any way (ie, I still have 10 available). There is no indication anywhere that I will have to stop gifting the game once I get to 10.

Do you understand why I'm confused?

19. Hemuk

Ah yes, sorry it was a mistake on my part for calling them "guest passes", yeah those are in the referal page, I was talking about "gift packages" cause like the guest passes; you can only give 10 gifts, after that the option grey's out and you cannot click it, so have that in mind.

Sorry about that.

20. AlnilamE

Ah ok. I get it now. I'll have to check and see if they tell you anywhere there's a limit.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it! :-)

Hemuk likes this.