1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition for PVE Only Server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BDOPhisher, Oct 9, 2018.

?

Would you want a PVE only server?

1. Yes

99 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

124 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. BDOPhisher

No ganking. Bring it on.

XYN likes this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

+1

XYN likes this.
  3. Vanadiel

It is already like that...

Sizer, zhagsten and Chojin like this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

All the servers are...Aside from Arsha.

Then again like iv said many times..PvP in this game, as of not so recent changes has become a joke.

Sizer, zhagsten, Qba and 1 other person like this.
  5. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I have to agree. If you actually sum it all up or just back up and look at the big picture, its all about the company findingways to monitize the gear. You will not go anywhere without spending some cash. The focus is not gamer satisfaction, its money making. Its why it is a joke, its why people crying about ganking is a joke. Creating a new server for pve wont happen unless they find a way to make more money out of that aswell.

Kynreaa likes this.
  6. BDOPhisher

Gamer satisfaction should be key to money making - players who rage-quit from crappy ganking might give this another go, there's other fun elements of the game that ganking takes away.

7. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 65 EU

Although I voted "yes" and I have always been a "PvE noob" type of player, I can tell you it won't be happening. Why? Several possible different reasons, the most important probably being not generating that much $$$ for our hosts.

PvE in this game, we have to admit, is mostly a joke and although it accounts for most of its content, it really doesn't require all that much investment to handle it. I mean... why on Earth would you push for the best PEN (and these days, even beyond that with the "epic" new system we now "enjoy") gear, while you can do with less (or much less) nearly everywhere. So you would need a fraction of a hit instead of 1-hit to waste hapless packs of endless mobs? Or perhaps be more "efficient" in solo grinding something like Gyffin or so?

On the other hand, see how this game has "progressed" the last few months, what with all the awesome changes, Renown Score, Caphras system now and what not, the average player is becoming forever more powerful and forever expanding, in effect a single player can easily dominate large areas -> when it comes to grind and if actually more people would care to do that, there would NEVER be enough areas and mobs to cater for everyone. The only thing that saves the day is, there are other far more lucrative methods nowadays than good ole brain dead mob grinding to generate high amounts of income.

I am focusing mainly on mob grinding since any other PvE activity, mostly "life skilling", can already be done anywhere with next to zero problems, assuming one is not a fool or just "asking for it".

So yeah, PvE server(s) could be a thing if there was actual PvE content to do, requiring coordination and cooperation perhaps for a common goal, but as it is no one really needs to give a rat's arse and in effect everything can and must be done solo. With this enforced solo selfish mentality around, a traditional PvE server would end up being an even worse nightmare.

It is what it is and no added "content" is going to change the terrible flaws this game has now, and if one would have to ask for a solution to do "their stuff in peace", I would say, rather introduce "private instance areas" where you can grind your own lil mobs at will and at your convenience, well, I guess that would come as a "premium service" of course, but I can't see even this happening (as I said earlier I believe more $$$ generated in total in the "competitive" environment we have now).

8. Murderingspork

-1. I would prefer more arsha servers.

9. Pretzels1078

I think they should add a PvE server that you have to pay for monthly to enter.

10. Joungf

Yes, agree. But then without any RNG. Linear progress.

Arreyanne likes this.
  11. Kripion

WE need at least 5 ARSHA servers;p

Qba likes this.
  12. Faultz

Oh look another poll thread that gets posted monthly asking for PVE Channels, with yet again another no result.

13. RengerEl

A pve only server would be filled with afk horse trainers and fishers, and not much else. Any xp area would just be filled with bored asshats constantly screwing with your rotation because you couldn't do anything to stop them. They will flood general and/or whisper to you about the fact you can't do anything to them as well. Perhaps if it moved all of them to one channel it might be a +1 idea.

14. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

How is asking to improve forums restrictions, so day1 registered account won't start duplicated threads every week is flaming ?
    whoever moderator did this, and why does this thread not merged with other "PVE only servers' threads ?

15. Rayin

I'm ok with it as long it's locked and you can't never switch to another PvX or Arsha server unless you get taxed of 50% of your asset value, counting gear and stuff deposited on any sort of mount.

Columba likes this.
  16. runbat

runbat 1

yeah. pve server. great idea.
    give everyone full pen gear and disable pvp globally. also remove all mobs from the server and oh.. delete all horses. very important.
    then shut the game down and send us some flowers.
    also sh t on your new neighbours front porch and call it a welcome wagon.

thats about how much sense pve servers make. so.... no. dont.
    add more arsha servers instead with standardized gear (aka 200ap 300dp for everyone to ensure balanced pvp or something like that)

i want cake btw.

17. Joungf

[​IMG]

zhagsten likes this.
  18. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Yes to pve server if it has a reduced drop rate

19. runbat

runbat 1

that's good cake. i want it

20. Faultz

Have fun on a PVE server when theres nothing you can do to someone who just starts killing your mobs. You can argue you cant be killed but i can also say they will out grind you and you cant karma bomb them