1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition for PVE Only Server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BDOPhisher, Oct 9, 2018.

?

Would you want a PVE only server?

1. Yes

99 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

124 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. DarkRogue

This is the upteenth thread on this and that's an underestimation. When I was part of the argument back then, the failure of the devs of supposed "MMORPG's" is glaring. They continue to isolate and niche themselves for a specific market share. In today's market, if your game doesn't cater to the multitude of interests each RPG gamer brings to the table, your client base will shrink and continue to shrink until the niche you've catered to is all that remains. At that point, it becomes a 'cult classic'

What BDO could have become was astounding. Instead, they clung to the PvP/Grind market while throwing tidbits to lure the PvE, RP and Lifeskills crowd, but overall, this game was meant to be the aforementioned and it remains that way, even though they've broken that too. The game was poised to be the best open world PvE game, best RP game, best Lifeskills/trading game, and yes, best PvP game we've seen to date but their vision was narrowed and so is their customer base as a result.

The new P2W aspect, devastated PvP mechanics, and the constant barrage of hack/cheaters pretty much spoils all aspects of the game for most, I think.

2. DarkRogue

This isn't an issue unless it's a grind game and the top tier grind areas are limited. But let's reverse the direction of the logic here. What's the difference between out-PvEing someone in a grind spot vs. flagging up and chasing people away? Wouldn't that ultimately be a similar result in the end? In fact, someone staying and messing up your grind route in a PvE server wouldn't be much different than someone 'karmabombing' you either.

3. azneric

This game should have pvp in any channel. If your in my rotation I am going to pvp vs you to kick you out. It is part of the game and the fun of pvp. I lose my spots also. Then just switch after losing twice. No big deal.

4. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

I voted no.

The only way I’d reluctantly accept a no pvp server is if you have no access to switch to a pvp server once you make the election to play on a PvE server (would need to restart without gear, money, level, energy, CP, etc to come back to pvp server). You should not be able to freely swap between pvp enabled and pvp disabled servers. And even then, I’d rather they spent the resources on other projects.

Asterotis likes this.
  5. MalGuldur

I would enjoy it, no renown stacked strikers invading my rotation with their grab to win bs.

6. Asterotis

Don't hit 50+ and you have nothing to worry about, then you can PVE all you want.

you're right, then that would leave other classes to just grab you and win.

7. 2Cents

People haven't been locked out of main hunting areas or progression for 2 years and people still haven't updated their thought process to reflect the changes.

8. Sandpit_

I always vote yes to this. If you like the current system then fine, carry on playing on the majority of servers. If you are sick of the a-holes in the game then you can play without pk but you have to deal with other people trying to out-grind you, just like most mmos. Your choice.

Ventesa likes this.
  9. Rickter

Rickter Ricktr Warrior 64 NA

When i first started playing BDO, I was ecstatic to finally get back in a game tht had full open world pvp. Ive gotten so sick of the industry pushing "battle grounds" and instanced pvp zones.

But. . .. that enthusiasm slowly dwindled as you realize that PvP in BDO isnt about who is more skilled, its about who has the most AP and who is playing the more cheese classes *cough Striker/Mystic - Ninja/Kuno *cough

270 AP will trump just about any player just starting out and Helms is a good example of a bad system gone bad. Its an early accessible area, and also one of if not the best area fora lucrative cash farm. so new players and veteran players go there alike. the veteran players absolutely destroy the newer players and the accessibility gap is so wide in this game to my understanding, because of hte introduction of renown.

so because of this, as a primarily pvp player, I agree that there should be a PvE only server.

10. 2Cents

That's not a BDO issue the same exact thing occurs in nearly every PVP MMORPG. If you want to fight play a game designed for it without the facade of other activities. MMO PVP isn't about fairness or skill. The entire point of "winning" is to cheese the system to defeat your opponent. If it's hacking, botting, zerging, choosing specific classes, our gearing etc. The goal is always the same.
    #domination

11. Asterotis

Reminds me of the good ol' days of FFXI, partying with 7 others in a spot, only to have another party stand there on top of yours and try to out-pull your tank... so then we just MPK them until they left from losing too much EXP.

12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

No, and it will never happen.

_Steel_Horse_ likes this.
  13. MalGuldur

No grab lords in pve server np

14. 2Cents

You can't want more PVP servers. There can only be one. That would yield the highest PVP. It sounds like you just want to PVE and therefore, by default support PVE servers.

Alicia Dominica and Ventesa like this.
  15. United_Strafes

Sure PvE server, never happen though, no reason whatsoever to go above TRI and we all know they want you buying up them artisans and costumes to melt.

16. Columba

You’re, and learn to share or learn to live with karma losses.

17. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

it wouldnt work, and when you have 20 people grinding the same spot, you will not be able to declare, flag up, etc. pve is a side dish in this game, its important because it gets you to pvp. it wouldnt work, if there was epic raids and serious pve content i would understand, if their was dungeons i would understand, but without pvp this game would feel empty with nothing to do, and no purpose, unless youre a hard core role player and life skiller. idk man, pvp in this game was forgotten, and pve was never the focus, this is why the game feel stale

18. Ciely

That sounds boring, if you're afraid of ganks go some where less populated or be prepared. i like the competition and don't want to imagine losing the ability to punish a kser or a toxic player.

The only issue here is the pvp gear gap, getting one shotted is no fun, more players would have played this if this was addressed D:<

19. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

PVE server rules :

- no karma loss upon killing a player
    - if you die in pvp you can respawn in town with a 30 min debuff that won't let u leave the town .

20. Jouule

Player interaction = content. On that basis alone, I vote no to pve-only servers.