1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition: Softcap gear box should be permanent

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Devia, Jul 25, 2018.

1. iller

OH NO!... someone has discovered the secret of BDO! (and his name is captain ****ing obvious...)

Factorial likes this.
  2. Arkhobaleno

155 failstack and my dande still wont TET . So i ship this sh*t

Pls make it permanent on BATTLE ARENA only.

Not on RBF, siege war or open world PVP.

3. Vafthrudnirson

How does a sarcastic bait thread like this get any traction lol, 5 pages of replies -.-

The gear boxes are just a bit of fun, they developed the system for test server and someone got the bright idea to give it to live server for a couple weeks to maybe sell some artisans from people using the week to do some PEN taps and get everyone hyped and playing the new wars. They're never, ever going to poop on their artisan sales by making gear that easy.

4. Alicia Dominica

Agreed that it should be a permanent (and forced) addition to RBF/arena. Could even include it for node wars in the lower tiers, but I guess that would be too much of a technical issue for them to get right.

Competition over grind spots can be left as it is though, otherwise there would truly no longer be any reason to play the game past life-skills. Not saying that in defense of gear-gaps, but simply pointing out that there is nothing else to fill that gap and I don't think the devs have any knowledge of how to produce challenging endgame content (dungeons, raids, etc.).

5. Lystra

Lystra IaIatina Wizard 62 EU

I think your irony is lost on some here :3.

6. Wylph

Wylph Ninja 62 EU

giphy-downsized.gif

Nice troll post

Sidina likes this.
  7. Tjaranis

it will cost roughly 300 hours of grind to gain enough for 1 tri->tet, which you would make 4,5billion silver+ in the time it takes you Even if you are low 15m/h.
    and increase by a factor of 10 one pen so 3.000 hours active grind to grind them, more than most players have/will grinded their entire playthrough -_-

for anyone who is not doing insane preorders, as well as properly using AH bots (is your best/only realistic chance to gain enough of them) this method will be pretty pointless as the availability of the caphras stones (new stone) is so extremely low it is far worse than sniping mem frag now (which is truly a plague and only nice for AH bot users, of which there is a ridiculous amount of).

edit: still nicer than nothing but talk about dropping the ball -_-

8. Atron

Hey. Dude said game is easy mode and all u need to do is AFK for 2 years.
    Also RNG is bad ... so here we are ... alternatives are there you just need to commit.

9. Tjaranis

naa alternative is that i quit a lot, play a few month fail a few pens then quit and have less and less will to play again next time. guessing this is one of my last ones, mostly just here to see how they are redoing the endgame pvp and if they would fix the powergab.. doesnt seem like it yet ^^

Atron likes this.
  10. Dastian

If everyone would be softcap there would be even more cryings about unbalanced classes...no thanks

11. Tjaranis

there is nothing to suggest that it would be a negative thing in this regards.
    secondly, the fact people could start to feel how it actually functions with semi equalized gear would give proper and usefull feedback for future balancing, which is absolutely needed for proper pvp balance.

you seem to be saying that the vast majority should have a far worse experience and much more frustration because you theories that there might come more complains about class balance. which is something i can't agree with

Foxens likes this.
  12. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

Nope. Spend too much silver, salt, tears for my gear. This would be a kick in the balls. But I would prefer this gear only for rbf, like GW 2.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

you deserve nothing. you have to earn your gear as all those before you did.

Diliskar and Aaarggghhh like this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nope. this would completly **** largescale fights.
    I do think we should be able to use that gear in ba or at least have a special arena where you can use that, but being able to permanently use this gear in openworld, or even once every 4 weeks would basically kill this weeks gameplay.

15. Diliskar

Diliskar Enzia1 Mystic 56 EU

You dont need softcap to be competitive. There are alot of NW Guilds that are looking for 450 GS, which can be achieved after 1 - 2 month casual playing. Btw. i am softcap afer 8 months playing after returning from a break and i didnt pay 1 € for artisans. Guess yours is a troll post. Why play a progressive MMORPG if you want everything for free?

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I thought those people have no skill according to you, how would that even affect gameplay.

17. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

i can see this effecting few nw's maybe and also sieges, cuz some guilds have reputation to get as many dog guilds to be meatshields and now those guys run with softcap what changes outcome alot

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

cause even a guild with 100 noskill players can beat a guild with 50 skilled players with the same gear.

19. Silsti

You DID take a long break OP, welcome back, looking forward to more quality bait posts.

Devia likes this.
  20. Cedricu

Exactly!
    This is not a casual game. This is a mmo u need to spend time, effort, afk, passion etc... If you want a game where you just login and do your pvp then go play games like counter-strike. And no im not a veteran nor softcap. The game must have progress and evolution tland things to do.

If this is not a bait then its he most retarded "idea" ever.