1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition/Survey to remove Cron stone melting from the game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SkullMonkey, Aug 29, 2018.

?

Do you want Pearl Abyss/Kakao to Remove Cron stones from Melting Costumes?

1. Remove all cron stones from melting costumes

249 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. Limit how many costumes can be melted per week

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Reduce amount of cron stones you can get per costume

24 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. The system in place now is fine

53 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. SkullMonkey

While I am mildly upset with the new costume prices, It doesn't bother me too much because there is a 5 sale limit on costumes. Likewise I'm not very upset about Valk's cry being melted from costumes because you can get those in game as well.

However Cron stones are a BIG problem and with over 50 new PENs being created this morning alone I think it's time we make a united effort to petition Pearl Abyss to remove that from the game.

If we have a United voice we can make a change. If we are divided and troll each other then we'll see this game slowly die.

2. Yuusayn

Sure ask @punkie about how that went when they tried to speak up, it went about as well as this is going to go lol

Why not add options that are equal instead of skewing the choices to just what you want

punkie likes this.
  3. SkullMonkey

that or it gets "Merged" AKA buried in another mega thread.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. GrandCross

Not gonna happen. They have stepped on and broke every single promise they said they would never do. I still remember what the very first CM said back before the beta rolled out "Give us a chance to make our own Black Desert" LOL

Nubek and Mana_Mafia like this.
  5. SkullMonkey

I added the short sighted option just for you Yuusayn. ;)

6. Dalenos

It doesn't matter if the majority of the player base doesn't like it. If the whales do it wont matter >.>

Nubek likes this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

They do not like the fact we were correct about peoples willingness to spend obscene amounts of money to PEN. 50+ new PENs in EU since servers opened 5 hours ago, 15 New pens in NA just the last hour people started counting.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  8. BellaKora

BellaKora DarkKnight 61 NA

One of the other CM/GMs mentioned in the Spanish thread (someone translated/linked it in one of the countless other threads) that they're doing this because of the whole, global build idea. So removing it will never happen. Eventually we'll be on par with everything Korea has and there's not much Kakao can really do about it. What PA wants, is what they're gonna get, no matter the backlash they get from it.

It sucks, but PA wants that global build, so they'll step on whatever toes they have to in order to get it. Koreans will win out this battle in the end.

Fraxinus, Mafesio and Ab Soul like this.
  9. Alicia Dominica

If anything, increase the amount of cron stones.

In the end, this is just an alternative to payout abuse, sea monster exploiting and generally no-lifing the game.

Mok Swagger and farsay like this.
  10. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Too late. If people are already getting pens with this then its too late. How do they walk it back. Best to start moving away from BDO.

Mana_Mafia and EvL like this.
  11. Yuusayn

Lol laughable that you try to be the "voice" of the community on costumes, yet aren't willing at all to take into account all choices, just the skewed answers you want the devs to see making your point clear, least other people who try actually try to give unbiased choices

Nepheisa and Smileybones like this.
  12. KeiirValk

True, and they can't make their own when PA controls everything, PA forced them to do the cron stone addition per Servantes in another forum thread in spanish. I imagine they almost have no say in what gets implemented or added at this point aside from pricing and modification of implementation they're given from PA. Kakao pockets a lot of money and not even in charge which means they're profiting off of their investment to work with them initially and banking the rest (since PA does balance, and I'm sure they see a lot of money as well), meaning horrid balancing based on Korea and heavily delayed content updates (Drieghan for example). **** show.

13. Yuusayn

Do you want to remove the cron stone melting of costumes? Or would you rather keep it or with reduced rewards, please input your choice, and maybe the devs will hear what we have to say.

14. SkullMonkey

Well your first criticism was correct in that I needed to add another option I was in the middle of trying to word it when you made your comment. I WAS going to call it "No it is fine the way it is" but your sarcastic attitude made me reword it. And I will admit to being a bit cheeky in my response to you.

However it seems the CMs have resolved this for us both.

That all being said nothing presented in a public fashion is ever unbiased as it is coming from the perspective of whoever is posting it. You can get as close to unbiased as possible but at the end of the day it's a near impossibility. Regardless the 4rth choice is reflective of the current perceived "truth". You only buy and melt costumes for cronstones so you can accelerate your enhancement process faster than you could possibly do in game. It's a clear Pay to Win mechanic and it's easily being proven in game by the sheer number of PEN attempts going up. Currently around 91% of the population agrees that it's a blatant pay to win mechanic. When it comes to subjective topics you have to use statistics to find out what is "True" or not.

The fact that the people with BILLIONS of silver are choosing to spend Real world $$ to get PEN attempts instead of using all their sea monster hunting money is very telling.

15. Lee Ryu

Limit it, everyone can be happy.

Whales can still spend every week.
    PA will get their money.
    Pen attempts won't be as easy.
    Protect gambling addicts.
    Calm hard anti-p2w players.

PootyTang likes this.
  16. Yuusayn

I think alot of it is just people who reroll and have lingering costumes to burn, maybe in a week or so when things are settled and if the trend is the same, sure then that is something completely different, not saying it isn't p2w but i'd also like to get a clear view on what it is, if its just a big problem it should be solved but its just too soon to tell, i won't say your wrong, itd just be nice if people gave it some time before screaming bloody murder, but i learned along time ago that being civil isn't a thing anymore on forums

Nepheisa and PootyTang like this.
  17. SkullMonkey

Protect Gambling Addicts is actually a really important point to bring up that I think people forget about/overlook.

JM likes this.
  18. SkullMonkey

Well I'll be the first to say that I never considered the game "P2W" until this update. I played ArcheAge for 2 and a half years so I know what real Pay to Win looks like and how it can create an unsurmountable gear gap between newer/older players and players than can spend lots of money and those that can't.

A lot of other major streamers who also didn't consider the game pay to win now have flipped their stance with the current update. Mainly because those of us who have played/spent money on Pay 2 Win games know when that line is truly crossed.

while I agree that some people did as you said and melted all of their costumes for Crons that might account for 1 or 2 pen attempts. PEN weapons/armor typically take somewhere between 10-40 attempts on average with some going way more. That's $2000 - $8000 per PEN.... there have been Over 50 New PENs made on EU alone and as someone said before around 15 or so since someone has started tracking them on NA... so it's pretty clear that this is an issue.

I agree that to TRULY know the full extent we have to wait and see several months + But if it is indeed proven to be a problem after that time then the damage has already been done and there's no coming back from it.

So you have to ask yourself... which is the better course of action? To nip it in the Bud before it gets out of hand? or chance letting it go the Sea Monster Hunting route and cause irreversible damage to the game?

Now ask yourself what is the downside of removing cron stones from melting costumes? None for the vast majority of players right? because you can still buy the cron stones from blacksmiths. The only ones who suffer by removing them are the P2W players and Kakao/Pearl Abyss's stock holders. However even that last part is debatable because we might actually be SAVING the game by removing them and hence keeping the investor's cash cow alive.

#18 SkullMonkey, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  19. Shadez

So I have a question that does not directly deal with cron stones being in the game or pearl shop, but is more in relation to how cron stones are obtained by melting costumes. Basically, I am asking why this concept of obtaining enhancement items by destroying vanity items even exists? Why not just sell the stones directly in the pearl shop as a distinct item, assuming that is the end goal? Why have customers, with different desires for the purchases, compete over purchasing the same items, that can now be considered a vanity or gear enhancement item, when they do not have to?

The whole premise/implementation comes off incredibly messy to me, and just sows confusion/frustration in the customer base in my opinion.

#19 Shadez, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    PootyTang likes this.
  20. Yuusayn

Yeah to me real p2w would be adding in the shakatu boxes to the shop, melting costumes is a step in full p2w, it would be great to be able to get rid of the problem, tbh i don't even know why they decided to add cron stones to the mix, but the devs aren't good at learning a lesson, look at RU they went full p2w with cron stones,

I hope your right about it and they do get to the problem, but then again i've seen it happen time and time again, i don't believe its even Kakao's fault really, people can say they don't relay any information, but i think its worse, i think they do relay information and its the devs that decided to not do a single thing, if theres one thing the devs consistently do is that they ignore criticism, look at pvp changes, boss timers etc