1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition to enable gifting for steam players.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jeeklopez, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Shinrion

I hope steam players gets it too.

#81 Shinrion, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. McShekelberg

the fact that you wanted to play an mmorpg through steam speaks for itself, get off gaben's teets and git gud

3. Vember

If it hadn't gone on steam, I wouldn't be playing it.

Shinrion likes this.
  4. CameDeep

They made the decision to expand their player base by selling through steam knowing full well of the cut valve would take, the players shouldn't be punished for this.

5. IncendarGaming

Incendar sends his regards!

TLDV : Steam users and HH / polar bear

mingdong30, Azriael, VivaLa and 3 others like this.
  6. DAOWAce

The fact that the two versions are 100% separate accounts is asinine in the first place.

You guys had a year and a half to get this setup, and it was a complete failure on release.

So far, only BDO and FFXIV are the two games I know of where the steam and retail versions are mutually exclusive.

Why? It makes absolutely no sense.

7. DavidGilN

+1 from me! Go go go GO!!!

8. Vember

Agreed, ESO and Wildstar versions are completely identical with the stand alone client as far as I know.

9. Gamporal

Bought BDO a few days back and its the first MMO I've actually enjoyed in a long time. So spent money on steam for it and bought the explores package then dropped another $20 on pearls for some other stuff. I was going to get some Maids, weight increase, and more costumes, but now that I know I'm not getting the full game because of not being able to get what everyone else got for almost free I'm having second thoughts on spending any more money. #screwthenoobs

10. WainaMoinen

Just toss them in pearl shop and be done with it, all my friends are either already playing or not interested at all so steam players getting gift option would do nothing for me. Even if it was slightly more expensive than other pets i would be totally fine as at least i know i could get them when needed.

Cmon kakao/PA im giving you free ideas to make more monneh!

#90 WainaMoinen, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  11. Hat Cat

+1 move away from the website payment model and support gifting in-game or give us the option to move steam accounts to stand alone.

12. Nyavenger

Steam players have hidden luck on their account to compensate.

13. Funke

It seems a possible fix to this would simply be to allow steam users to link their account to the website, and vice versa, website users should be able to use the launcher from steam if they desire.

14. Famula

15. Critical_Mass

16. Brevidy

17. TwoKDavey

+1, and on the plus side, they would make money off the decision as well. considering no way in hell am i spending $44 for 1 pet (and forced to get other stuff i dont want.. wat)

18. VivaLa

GM Senpai notice us!

19. Eluci

+1 Equality pls

20. GeorgeV

Copy of my reply "mountainprospector" on Incendar's YT channel:
    "Before recently buying this game I did a lot of research and played three trial accounts before deciding to get the game on steam vs the client. Topics like this pet issue are contentious but I still went with steam simply to keep all my games in one place for better or worse, that is to be seen. Of course it is crap that such unfair practices exist but I am having fun playing and don't feel at a disadvantage. I DO however feel cheated which will effect my desire to spend any more money on the game if I can't trust (rofl@trust) the company to be fair to all their paying customers. Whoever is making such absurd deals for one and not the other should be hung upside down and beaten with organic carrots."

Lastly something just for this website, not posted on steam: To those (specifically one) that cry about charge-backs if things change and steam players being second rate customers, lol, come on who are you kidding, you mean you will beg your parents to do a charge-back by crying even more like a child than you have so far on this thread.