1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition to reimburse money used to buy the Game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by jose0320, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Should kakao reimburse the money spent on buying the game?

1. Yes, they sold the product with fake promises

62.3%
  2. No, kakao deserve to keep our money even though they sold product with fake promises

12.7%
  3. I don’t care

25.0%
  1. jose0320

When the game launched on March 2016, me and many others decided to buy a copy of the game even though the game was Free to Play on other regions.

I personally decided to buy the $100 usd package because kakao made a good reason for it,
    Reason : They would not introduce p2w elements present on other regions, instead they promise to strive to make this game fair and remove all those crappy elements that slowly kill games and just intend to milk the player base.

I was happy at first,
    Even after they introduced selling costumes on market for the first time,
    Even after introduced value packs on a buy to play game
    Even after they introduced unlimited artisan memories on pearl shop
    Even after they introduced books of combat and kamasilve trees on Pearl shop
    Even after they let the hackers and fish botters roam free for years and to this day the hackers are still there
    Even after the huge gear gap created between sea hunters and people who made a real effort to get their gear.

And so since Pearl Abbyss have decided to make this version of the game just the same as any other region then i just have a very simple request that goes according to any non-fraud company.

Petition: Reimburse the money spent on buying the game since the reason why we paid became not existant.
    As consequence of it, make game free to play just like other regions

Note: Pearl Abbys will eventually do this version free to play anyway so the sooner the better.

#1 jose0320, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Loushu, eitheldin, Waffy and 11 others like this.
  2. EvL

EvL

Unfortunately,

PA probably has something in the terms of service protecting them from this legally... and even in the NA or EU no one would give anyone a refund for something they have used for a long period of time

I don't care about the Free To Play but im not sure if they would so soon because of server issues and we are one of their biggest cash cows outside of Mobile.

Sigh...

I feel your pain man.

I will say this in another topic thread that came up CM Servantes did a post and someone copied it and put it in their post and it explained that they tried to keep the P2W elements out of our version of the game but ultimately PA controls all decisions regardless of what they can suggest. He even mentioned how they asked to make Valks Cry free instead of make people pay for it.. and what did PA do.. create Fairy Blessing and still put in the Valks Cry.

The thread is on the forum... I can't fault Kakao now... he pretty much said Pearl Abyss overruled all their past promises and wouldn't compromise on keeping P2W elements out of our version anymore.

Nenasaurus, jose0320, Rygart and 9 others like this.
  3. Nezrox

Nezrox Kitsuneonii Warrior 61 NA

regardless of "promises" the tos prob says things can change according to what they want. and you agreed when you played the game.

4. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

you buy the game, play for years, and then want your lousy 10 dollars back? gtfo man, the changes were needed, this is how the game was designed to be played, of course to over come it a lot of exploiters and castle siege guilds monopolized the economy and silver, making the game accessible only to the top few, i blame the community and the same people who are protesting for this result.

5. HogWash

Company are scum bags full of lies.

6. Törni

Than this begs me the question: why one thinks, it is a good idea to make promises, without having any legal warrants through a contract - which could allowed them to keep their promises, despite whatever PA says or intends to do.

So, yes Kakao may not be directly responsible for the current state of game... however, negligence is just as bad, as contributing directly to the problem... and the failed promises.

Well, but whatever. It's not like anything is going to change anyways, even if we agree or not on the scale of Kakao's responsibility in this matter.

RageAgainst and jose0320 like this.
  7. peanut777

8. FoolishNinja

this is actually true. The people at Kakao are actually really nice people (met them also in real and talked for long time about the game).
    The most decisions are coming from PA, I think.
    PA sees this game rather as a business to maximize their profit, as you have seen from the past.

9. Frazan

Frazan Ranger 61 EU

If you want to make a point let's discuss about Real Life p2w.. Oh wait.. we play games to avoid real life p2w that's why you all are upset about p2w games.. :O

Yekotaki and Korvgubben like this.
  10. Mattys

Hopefully I can chargeback all the money I've spent to this game.

11. Realitypixels

Realitypixels Mystic 59 EU

The reason you, and everyone, paid is to be able to make and account and play the game. That still exists
    Also the game is free to play since launch. F2P is not the same as B2P, both can coexist: FFXIV, GW2, ESO.. just to name a few

12. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

just chargeback

Draconnix likes this.
  13. Columba

Hahahaha. You should be banned for posting such a one sided poll. Just leave. No one owes you squat.

Krysantha and peanut777 like this.
  14. jose0320

i didnt write lies on any of the options

15. Spartakatz

Lol sure, is possible.

Which remembers me, I went regularly to a restaurant over 2 years ago. They are cooking slightly different stuff now, I think I don't like it anymore, and try to get all my money back. They made a promise, because back then, they didn't have that stuff on their menu cart. That's a promise, right?

Yeah now that you say it, I bet that was the exact wording, it's surely in the TOS, together with the exact definition of "fair" and "milk player base".

Gotta love that sense of realism.

16. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

1: not sure about the whole "tos probably have something about changing the game" argument. Since it was told in an official manner (on the forums which Kakao/Daum told us to use by a person working for Kakao/Daum) false pretenses is a valid argument afaik (feel free to correct me), which there's buyer protection laws against (again, afaik).

2: You can do chargebacks on paypal up to 180 days back. However, it's in the ToS that you can not do chargebacks if you've played the game or bought it more than 14 days ago iirc. Also, buying (or maybe it was using? forgot x.x') daum cash will void your ability to do a chargeback. Again, if the false pretenses/false marketing thing is accurate, this should void the ToS however, thus making a chargeback valid despite of any sort of Tos, since laws comes before ToS.

jose0320 likes this.
  17. Noble One

the TOS would protect them as they can add what the please to the game and you agree to the terms upon first login. ALL of us also agreed to no refund term upon starting the game for the first time when they redid the TOS. you had i think it was 14 days (or something close) to refund the game from THAT DAY you logged in. unless youre a full just starting now day 1 player, they got your money.

EvL and Spartakatz like this.
  18. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

Paypal chargeback due to false marketing --> Kakao's ToS (no? feel free to correct me. Again, only 180 days back but still).

Ty for the other info though :D like I said, a lot is afaik and iirc <.<' which isn't always the case

19. Asterotis

Hey guys, remember when ghilie was p2w and everyone freaked out and threatened to quit?

20. MoonDance17

The easiest way to send a message is to not buy any pearls and to never buy any pearl shop item from the market place. If the majority of the player base did this pearl Abyss would actually make far less money and may understand our point of view. If you are otherwise enjoying the game do not stop as you would be the one missing out.