1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition to reimburse money used to buy the Game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by jose0320, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Should kakao reimburse the money spent on buying the game?

1. Yes, they sold the product with fake promises

62.3%
  2. No, kakao deserve to keep our money even though they sold product with fake promises

12.7%
  3. I don’t care

25.0%
  1. Spartakatz

You would rather show the exact thing they posted, instead of using your own interpretation.

I hope you will get the difference between "XY has no place in this version" and "We promise to all eternity that XY will never come to the game, we hereby swear an oath we will never change anything, and if we do you will get all your spent money back starting from release"

But then again, you probably won't get it. Maybe in a couple years, when you're an adult.

Their marketing was clear since before release. They had different packages with multiple clear advantages, plus a big cash shop. It was never that "fair" fairy tale you are all talking about. One boost more or less, it doesn't make the game that different suddenly.

2. jose0320

correct me if i am wrong but
    During market phase before release when they said
    "XY HAS NO PLACE IN THIS VERSION" , doesnt that means no? yes, they dont have to (in this case they did) promise because they are all adults that manage a company, they just tell the facts of the products they intend to sell.

For example: you go to the store to buy a USB of 128gb, u buy it then you get home and discover its not 128gb instead its just 16gb,
    you would not have buy a 16gb but you did because seller lied you, and so the LOGICAL step is that you go back to the seller and ask for your money in which laws protects you so you can actually get your money back even if seller deny to give you the money back.

If one of the facts of their products is a lie and with that lie you bought it and they get benefits, then according to me that is a scam...
    Again, correct me if i am wrong

Rubio likes this.
  3. Spartakatz

Your example is completely off. USB sticks can never change of course. And back when they said this, it simply wasn't in that version. It's years later now, games change, no company would ever make such silly "promises", it's absurd.

A better comparison of GB sizes would be the minimum harddisk space requirements of a game at launch time, and a couple of patches and extensions later it would rise. That's also no "promise", it's just a statement that's related to the current state.

Just read the TOS man. You signed a contract with your purchase, no need for personal interpretations or comparisons to immutable hardware specs.

You agreed to that. Read it a few times until you understand what it means.

Whenever a "GM" says something in forum, it's irrelevant. They are just something like a forum moderator, they often don't get things 100% themselves either. And for sure they aren't something like legal promises that overrule the TOS.

#23 Spartakatz, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    TarkusBlack likes this.
  4. Noble One

oh you can do a refund from PP but BDO bans your account once you do. that i do remember because people were doing it and it wasnt a false charge so PA/KA started banning accounts that were using that method. tbh if youre still here then you got your monies worth. i would say vote with your wallet but whales out shine this logic.

5. Spartakatz

You can't just refund at will. You can request a refund from the seller. If he doesn't agree, you can open a dispute. Good luck with that, after using the product for a whole 2 years lol.

6. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

at least when starting in korea you were aware that it's p2w from the beginning so you knew what you're getting yourself in

meanwhile in europe/na you bought the game then were lied to repeatedly

there's lesser evil in p2w from the start than getting baited

crawlord, Sizer, Taadjo and 2 others like this.
  7. Noble One

you can its just PA/KA perma bans your account. you can only refund the game though and thats it. by now yes it may be harder to do a refund via paypal but 9/10 it will still go through.

8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

can I petition you for reimbursement of my time wasted reading your topic?
    Nope.
    So your answer is, Nope.

Smileybones likes this.
  9. Korvgubben

How about a reimbursement in pearls? Give every1 10, 30, 100 moneys worth of pearls depending on what package they purchased.

10. Rubio

Chi sostiene di essere uno stupido bambino e gli adulti sono intelligenti ha già un suo proplema che non c'è età per l'intelligenza e la comprensione.
    Chi cambia le regole contrattuali deve informare il cliente e deve accettare se il cliente non incontra il diritto di recesso.
    Poiché questo pubblico non ha mantenuto le aspettative prevendite fino alla situazione attuale, penso che possiamo chiedere un ulteriore sconto.
    Per rispondere a quelli che dicono che sarai chiuso, l'accout che se ne frega ora rende il gioco cazzuto in questo stato.

11. ambyentlight

Ummm read the tos and at the bottom you will notice tearms are subject to change and while it mentions nothing about our version will not be going p2w in the tos or whatever, It still means that they have the rights to change the way things functioned and have the rights to change past promices and by all means if you wanna go to jail for fraud then chageback.

All money we have invested is now property of Kakao its as simple as that really.

12. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

I hope you get that "our version" is NA/EU, not the current patch :) like you said yourself, "instead of using your own interpretation".
    They don't have to include "if we do you will get all your spent money back" if they sell under false marketing/false pretense, due to laws protecting customers. Here's a source for you: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize...ment/unfair-commercial-practices/index_en.htm (goes for NA as well since Kakao Games Europe has headquarters in Netherlands last time I checked).

Actually the cash shop at release was 50% cosmetics, 50% other stuff (pets, Horse Flute, LT, Elions Tear etc.). Not to mention the important part: the other things they didn't say they wouldn't implement. Valk's Cry they SPECIFICALLY told us they wouldn't. But keep on whiteknighting. Maybe you'll see you've turned colorblind (since you seem to be unable to see that your white is actually brown and coming from the **** they're shoving onto you).

Have you calmed down now Salty? (presuming female or male without ball sack since you seem like a salty, whiny, little b*tch).

13. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

*reads bottom of ToS* "
    23. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION

This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands, without prejudice to principles of conflicts of laws that would result in the application of the law or of specific legal provisions of a different jurisdiction."

(Also, I read the ToS. Nowhere does it say they can modify the content as far as I saw, beside during beta test phases, minimal and recommended hardware and changing the ToS itself).

#33 aidlac, Aug 31, 2018
  14. BaldVulture

it was over 2 years ago... you played how many hours of enjoyment until this point? just be glad you had the oppotunity to play BDO back when it was good some people will never experience how good BDO was pre awakening. It wasn't perfect by any means, but compared to current version it was a blast. If you;re unhappy with the current version just uninstall, stop giving them your playtime do as i do and come back once and while and check if things are improving... I've stopped 3 weeks or so ago now, and nothing has improved as a matter of fact one could even go as far as saying it all went to S**T.

15. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

You shouldve picked a better name before stating claim!

16. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

PA owns the IP. The TOS saying about they can change anything they want to change. When you logged in the first time you agreed to the terms of the TOS.

PA wants one version around the world, which honestly, I think is a pretty good decision for the player base and PA and all the distributors.

You don't like how they changed it, you certainly have the right to cry and quit. They also have the right to change the IP anyway they want, whether you like it not.

17. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

After 2,5years you want to get your money back from a game you for all this time?

When was the last time a singleplayer game had enough content to be played more than 2years?
    Game did not cost much to begin with, for $/time you will struggle to get a better deal with another modern game (excluding old titles that sell for 10% or less of original cost ansdstuff like that)

TarkusBlack and ambyentlight like this.
  18. ambyentlight

If I was like the judge handeling this court order I would be like The money you gave Kakao is their property and you all need a re-education on how the law operates.

19. Realitypixels

Realitypixels Mystic 59 EU

Yes, you are totally wrong. What you say is a logical fallacy: one thing is a false advertisement (a 16gb USB stick for an 8gb one, a red shirt for a black shirt..) and another thing is a change in the terms of the service (we clean your house for xx bucks an hour and now we clean it for xx+1 bucks). When the TOS changes you have to agree to the new ones again (otherwise it would be a scam). And that happened: they changed the TOS they warned us and let us accept the new ones or not.. Comparing this again with the house cleaning service: you dont like the new prices? fine you stop contracting them and find another.. but you CAN'T ask for a refund for a service already provided within the conditions stated and agreed beforehand.
    And yes: you don't paid to OWN the game, you paid to own the RIGHT to play the game. That's how software, especially B2P MMO's work.
    Also what they are doing now isn't even a change in the TOS: is a change in their business model. You can like it or not, accept it or not. But that wouldn't change absolutely nothing in how the company wants to operate their business.

But hey, if you are so sure you are right, then go ahead: there are procedures for that (law courts, consumer defence offices). Writing rants in a forum about this surely is not the procedure for that.

#39 Realitypixels, Aug 31, 2018
    TarkusBlack likes this.
  20. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Good thing cases like that are shaking heads about morale and monetization in game.

I think future generations will be more carefull after having experienced bdo's golden rod.

Ahhh what a time to be alive.