1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets becoming a feature of taming??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Your Waifu, Jun 13, 2019.

?

What you think??

1. Yes

2. No

3. Interested

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Your Waifu

As the pets are already in the game, and if they was to make it into the game to be tamed they could add market value, but if you buy the ones of the store they receive things with them obvs, but you can also include shadow pets and legendary ones too fight maybe??
    Also tamer could have a special ability to tame pets faster and easier than other characters
    OMG a special visual of taming with tamer could include her spirit dog playing with the animals!

In Heidel there is a lady who is only there in the day called Puia, she leaves the square at night and sells pet items and does Pet seal exchange quests, but why not make it so they are a npc of taming pets in general??
    There is a taming feature for horses and already pets in the game so it also adds a feature of more animals maybe becoming ride able.. *Cough* Flying mounts like griffins and dragons or even unicorns!
    <3

#1 Your Waifu, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Maginha likes this.
  2. Vorkrunne

I’m truly surprised BDO doesn’t have a class which can tame any animal in the wild as their combat pet.

It’s hugely popular in other MMOs.

On top of that, I’m floored they don’t have a class that can shapeshift into any animal. It would be especially neat if that class could shapeshift into a horse and have another player ride them.

Smart mounted combat.

It would mean players actually using the mounted system. It seems they put a lot of work into that and yet no one really uses skills via mounted combat.

Doing something like locking the ability behind S talent for that particular animal would be neat.

3. Your Waifu

*Coughs flying mounts*

Vorkrunne likes this.
  4. Vorkrunne

I love this idea, but it’s not viable for a game with open world PvP.

They would first have to give us a PvE server. I’m all for it, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Flying mounts without a PvE server would mean Grief Fest Online

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Eh I have to disagree as I don't think it would be anymore of a "grief fest" than it already is or ever was, and that is hit or miss depending on the issues you create for yourself when interacting with other users.....

In any case, I would love to see more tameable creatures and we certainly have a lot of them. Even if we couldn't use them as mounts, ....catching them and ?turning them in? for some type of rewards would be cool.....

But maybe I am just too desiring for a pokemon online xD

Vorkrunne likes this.
  6. RexVermillion

Taming a raising your own pets.

I'll take it.

7. Nyavenger

Just because WoW did it doesn't mean it's "hugely popular in other mmos"

8. Your Waifu

I don’t really agree with the shapeshifter aspect, tbh im just interested in pets and tamer getting more of a role to the class name, i dont play tamer but i do think that shapeshifting is a bit *cliche*

9. Vorkrunne

There are two MMOs who do this with EVERY class. Who said anything about WoW @@ WoW only has one class doing that.

10. Vorkrunne

How is shapeshifting any more cliche than a wizard? Or a warrior? A class that uses a bow? It's not like they are groundbreaking and unique classes.

Shapeshifting has always been my favorite fantasy thing :c

Swords plenty for all and fireballs are cast, but I can't enjoy a shapeshifting class?

Honestly, I doubt they would do it because shapeshifters might not make great outfit sales, but at least that's a tangible reason.

I'll just take my broken heart to the corner QQ

11. Vorkrunne

I'd love it if they did taming of pets or flying mounts or... really anything. Same old grind is getting, well, old.

I hope your idea makes it to next month's poll!

12. Your Waifu

I SORRY IF I HURT YOU <3 YOU WAS FIRST TO REPLY LUV YOU <3

Vorkrunne and Maginha like this.
  13. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Anyone played the old Florensia and their class the Magic Knight? Thats probably as far as taming/tempting NPC monsters will get in an asian MMO.

Quick recap for those who dont know:
    The Magic Knight is able to tame monsters and use them in combat every 10 minutes up to 3 monster at a time. The class supports a fking sick 1v1 kit and could easily kill monsters way faster then any other class with 3 tamed monsters at his disposal while not needing any pots and sometimes not even gear because the tamed monsters would kill everything instead.
    So in order to "balance" the class against other classes in high end grind spots in terms of solo player clear speed they decided to not make any monster tameable after a certain lvl. The highest thing you can tame is like lvl 85 and the lvl cap is 105.
    Also in order to grind in that lvl 100+ area you would need to tame those lvl 85 mobs which are in a completely different area so taming those would cost you 1-2 minutes of running every 10 minutes.

Im pretty sure BDO would do the same. The only things you could tame would be like mobs up to mediah and thats it. "for balance reasons".

#13 Ned Sheynji, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  14. AmbientSoda

Personally, I wish the pets could be used to help you fight, like an AI party member - and that the developers look at some folklore for ideas for new fantasy pets than can also be used as mounts! That way the tone of the game isn't ruined either. I think it would be cool to form an AI party and have serpents and warriors aid me fighting monsters when not with other players...without losing my own xp...

I felt maybe we could have a worker like pet bought from a worker manager that will do as I say...

[​IMG]