1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Pets causing EXTREME Stutter in PvE when looting.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by vetNs, Jul 31, 2018.

1. vetNs

Basically this, when ever i check in my pets the game is back to smooth. i literally cannot grind and im only 1 earring away from softcap it is getting very annoying. Also all my hardware is fine

Another video of RevoSend:

afurolol likes this.
  2. Karmek

+1 here

Seems like last week's patch brought back some issues that weren't around anymore, including the huge FPS drops upon using skills / pets looting.

What I noticed is that every single time the stutters occur, drive response time goes up. It will be barely noticeable for people playing the game under 100FPS but dropping from 150 to 90 frames is really noticeable, even with G-Sync up.

What basically happens is the drive starts "writing" in temporary files (which it shouldn't even be doing in the first place) and it creates lag due to response time going in the 15-20ms range. I tested this on :

1) Fresh W10 install with un-updated and updated drivers
    2) Freshly SSD wipe (Samsung 850 Evo in AHCI)
    3) Freshly wiped M2 drive (Samsung 970 Evo)
    4) Freshly wiped HDD (2To Seagate Barracuda)

It is something with the game, not enduser-related. Hopefully this gets the attention of PA because it ruins grinding and combat in general.

It also seems to be RNG (not a joke) since it sometimes stops after character swapping or restarting the game or after a few hours of playing.

afurolol likes this.
  3. GM Jeste

Game Master

Hey there,

thanks for the report, we will investigate this issue with the developers as soon as possible. If you have any more information, please don't hesitate to send them as well.

Kind regards,
    GM Jeste

4. oxzer

I guess it happens only on specific (hardware?) configuration. Can you list here names/models of your CPU, GPU, MB, RAM and SSD/HDD ? Do you have Windows 10 (if yes, what version ?) ? Do you have Steam version of BDO ?

5. Karmek

Windows 10 64bit
    i7 5930k @ 4.5Ghz
    16Gbs of 3000Mhz HyperX DDR4
    Asus X99 Deluxe
    EVGA 1080 SC+ (2-way SLI)
    Non-Steam
    And as stated, 850 EVO + 970 EVO + 2To Seagate Barracudas
    3xPG279Q 1440p monitors

SLI on and off, same issues still. That's not an "insufficient" hardware thing.

6. hefese

Hey, this problem still exists. Is there any responsible person to inform us about what is going on? The bug issue is reported in March of 2018 and nearly 6 months have passed. We are still suffering from this bug a lot. Please inform us about improvements.

By the way, as with the video of the first poster, when I disable my all pets,nearly all strutters disappear. Also note that when I employ my pets with the setting of "hide pets" in ESC->Settings->Performance->NPC section, I still suffer from identical issue at the same ratio. I mean it doesn't make a difference to make my pets invisible. I think so the problem is not pets are at my around or not. The problem is looting of my multiple pets at the same time or close times.

My System Specs:

MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider Pro Gaming Laptop
    GeForce GTX 1070 (Driver version is 399.24)
    Intel(R) core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
    16 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD (Black Desert is installed in there)
    1 TB HDD
    Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 (Legal Product)
    15.6"
    1920 x 1080, 120Hz

#6 hefese, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  7. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Do you have auto arrange turned on for your inventory?
    I've seen mention that turning it off came help with this issue.

8. hefese

I ve heard something like that, recently. Since I started the game, I used my inventory which its auto arrange property was closed. But I thought that when auto arrange mode is active, performance affect positively and you say vice versa. I am confused. :S Though, both of them did not help me for this issue as far as it looked.

9. Yitsoe

Yitsoe Mystic 60 EU

I can confirm that stuttering specific to pet looting goes away for me with Auto Arrange option turned off.

10. afurolol

Has this issue got any positive wind under its wings? Can confirm that the stuttering is coming from the pets that are looting. It's really annoying when you're grinding something that you kill in 1 skill and you are constantly on the move. Sometimes the stuttering makes my mobility skills move me way too far or skills that do little teleport, you will end up 20 meters ahead where you should've landed.
    Tried auto-arrange option off and on, still stutters when pets are looting. Using 5x tier3 pets. :|