1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PK HEROES - Major reason for me to leave the game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Veer, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Veer

Hi all,

I am a BDO fanatic, i trully love this game, it is the best MMORPG i've ever played.
    But there are some big issues that must be solved before this game lost most of the active and serious players.

One of these problems, in my opinion, it's the "PK Heroes", as i prefer to call them...

I had many times been killed without any reason by a high level-gear player.
    I get threats, thrash talking, hitting until my HP goes down and some mob kill me as a result to losing bloody gathered xp points. Oh man ofc it is a game, but it is really really annoying when you die and losing precious items (as silver coins for example) because a fool decides to prove that he is a hero by killing lower players.

They are probably confused BDO with some other older games, where PK was one of the ranking criteria. But this game is by far difference. Unfortunatelly, only a few players can understand that and playing it with the right way...
    I am sure from my experience that all these "PK Heroes" changing games quite often and getting bored all the time...So, they trying to find something to spend their time and not to invest in a serious role playing game...

• Can some of the experienced players explains the real propose of PK to be allowed?
    • Do you think that actually penalty (karma dropping) is appropriate and solves the problem?
    • Do you believe (as i do) that this is one is major problem and game programmers and administrators must solve this asap before all good players leave the game?

BeeMiner and eitheldin like this.
  2. Dreadhood

PK is fine, penalities for going red are quite harsh.

Imagine bdo without a PK system, players would simply grief you until you leave.

HinaMcShooty, Airboz, Asami and 22 others like this.
  3. ambyentlight

because bdo is so cheap to start up unlike most other mmos it invites little children to play and you know what happens when you get little kids playing games, they end up killing everyone and giggleing because its fun.

But if ya can't take the heat then you should stay out of the kitchen!

4. Veer

Yes, i can imagine BDO without PK and it would be perfect for all players to have the same rights to good leveling and drop spots. Now if a high rank guild decides to take over a FREE world spot it is impossible for a solo low player to use it as well. If you think that is fair well i don't...

5. Isteria

Actually the current system works when it comes to PK Heroes.

1. PK can happen mainly due to 2 reasons: The dude has no balls to ask for a duel or the victim refuses/ignores the duel.
    2. PKer rarely wins because most of them are afraid to go red so after a few tries they will give up and cry about karma bombing.
    3. PKer is close to get negative, so they try to kill you by feeding you to the mobs. Here it depends on their dmg / your gear / class. Most of the times it is easy to ignore them and they will get bored eventually.
    4. Karma loss is huge nowadays if you indeed have high gear difference. So the karma system is working as intended.
    5. No, I don't consider the forced PvP a major problem of the game. There are ways to avoid it and unless you are grinding on some super contested spot, you rarely have problems.
    6. Get geared (skill matters but it is not what matters the most), kill them. It feels nice, when someone tries to pk you while you are minding your own business and then they end up running for their lives.

Airboz, Xero.Exe, sShotrah and 8 others like this.
  6. Veer

I totally agree with you, most of them are boring kids. I also want to say that from the moment i decide to play a MMORPG i am ready for PVP too! So i don't fear of kitchen heat...But game itself provides a lot of PVP areas, battlegrounds, guild wars, a PVP server as well. Why all these bullies not trying their luck there? Who is really affraid of the big bad wolf? After all it's a lot easier to kill someone who has not a decent gear set, right ?

7. 6footgeeks

Unless you're on Arsha or over extending from your gear range on other channels, you're not fighting any pk heroes. You're fighting people near your own renown score and are suffering from class imbalance or are bad.

Either way. You seem to be the one in wrong here

Asami, Xero.Exe, Hr1s7i and 6 others like this.
  8. ambyentlight

Many larger guilds target smaller guilds in this also, for say stealing potentional members that the bigger guild failed to pick up. So atleast 50% of the games population are deffiantly in their teens and or sub teens.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  9. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

1) It’s an RPG game. People play a role, being the good guy or the bad guy. Doesn’t need much reason for that. They wanna play a player killer role.

2) this is mainly the result of karmabombers. Weak people that can not defend their own spot at all but still pushing out the stronger opponent with nothing but being weak because of a shitty karma system. “Survival of the fittest” doesn’t apply in BDO’s jungle, so it creates other ways to become mega assholes :) which I don’t mind anymore. I rather let the mob kill them off and save me karma.

The true purpose of PK is to fight for spots. Resources in this game is limited. The player base is too big, grind parties have downsides too (losing loot and exp) so if you wanna be truly efficient you gotta fight for your spot.

#9 Nagasaki, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Xero.Exe, Hr1s7i, Illynore and 5 others like this.
  10. Veer

I agree with you, bro...but...

If silver and leveling spots are occupied ALL the time by PK'ers how on earth i will be able to get geared so i can fight them back and teach them a lesson? This problem is like a pyramid, i can't go straight to the top, if i am explaining that correctly...

Karma loss. Huge? No! I think it is quite easy to get restored again, with the right buffs, pets, crystalls...it takes only a few minutes.

Every player have the right to decide if wants to get involved in a duel or not. If he chooses not to do so, is it fair and right that a higher level player can kill him or feed him to mobs? I am totally straigth and disagree with that option.

11. RP Tzuyu

people rarely flag for no reasons, in my experience
    i only flagged people when i was sub 400gs, once i hit over 480gs, i barely flag people.... kill or getting killed, 1 mistake = 1shot

sunokelly likes this.
  12. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

1# Openworld Fun
    2# Karma system is perfect right now.
    3# no it's a personal problem, get over it

Asami and Nocturnus like this.
  13. GabeCake

I honestly think that your definition of a "good player" is a little misguided considering BDO is an open-world pvp game. The reality is this game is designed for the strong to get what they want and the weak to fight over the scraps. Lower geared players should be aspiring to get to the same level as some of the higher level players that are killing you, so you can contest them.

Instead of complaining about whether or not the person behind the controls is a teenager, I would suggest focusing on yourself, gearing up and taking your spots back. Every loss you get in this game has a learning experience attached to it if you look for it - find the reason, remember it and when you're gs is at a more appropriate level, abuse those mistakes.

Also - until 61 the exp loss isn't that dramatic, the punishments for players going red then being killed is actually pretty high and this effect is compounded the higher your gs is as every enhancement beyond tri is getting to be very expensive. Do i think other games have a more elegant solution to these issues, sure, but bdo's isn't terrible, it's just more demoralizing... and expensive. For red players at least.

14. Beeso

Your thread is counterproductive in this specific case. It only makes you more attractive as a target. If it is/was that important to you, it seems more of a major reason to not play the game in first place.

15. Veer

Ok its an RPG game, and gives freedom to choose good or bad, right? What are the benefits for been good? To get the medal of honnor? And what if ALL decides to be bad? Or ALL decides to be good? What is going to be?

No man, i think yes it is an RPG but the designers must consider the rules. You wanna be a bad guy, fine...But you wanna be punished for this and get the lesson, like real life...If anyone goes around and acts as he is pleased, i am sorry but this is not a good based RPG...

16. Angarato

could just go play 1 of the 45893632439246 mmos without world pvp, just a thought.

17. Veer

Ok, what if "weak" players decides to go, because they never will be strong enough because they can't farm at decent spots? They will become fishers or horse tamers or farmers, aren't they? Yes it is an open PVP system game. But PK is something else. It is not PVP. The game provides a lot spots for real PVP, wars, battlefields as a PVP server as well. If anyone feels strong enough should try his skills there. To kill lower lvl players or feed them to mobs just killing the game, that's what i am saying...

18. GabeCake

They do get heavily punished - once you start enhancing boss gear beyond tri you'll understand just how much. For a red player, it's pretty much a requirement to have back up gear on par with your main gear, just in case. Often two sets, one as a backup set just in case you get caught and killed and another backup set for enhancing. Being red 24/7 is an expensive way to live in this game. If you manage to kill them, it's not 100% that the punishment will be handed down, but if it does, it really hurts the bank.

#18 GabeCake, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Mana_Mafia and R.Prescott like this.
  19. Veer

Read the thread title again dude.
    I am not talking about PVP, this thread is about PK...
    if you have something to say about this, well we are all ears

Omegaschaos and Tachzusamm like this.
  20. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

dont bring real life into this as you can respawn. you wanna create a new character everytime you get killed? cus you dont get second chances in reallife.
    negative karma players already have harsh punishments.