1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PK HEROES - Major reason for me to leave the game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Veer, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Don’t argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their weirdass level!

“Dude, that’s against the law! I’m gonna need your SSN so I can report you to the local authorities! Full name please! And your address and phone number! I’m gonna sue you for sure, MrXXXPuwsaySlayer69XXX!!”

they are probably thinking about people who are being racist as **** on social media (twitter or Facebook and stuff like that) and your profile says where you work so people contact the company and people get fired. Yes that has happened a lot where I live too.

But how does that work on a MMO?

Findubar, AZzalor and RageAgainst like this.
  2. Apparently the police can get involed, for a reson, I guess.

https://community.blackdesertonline...-is-this-acceptable-in-your-game-kaokao.3734/

3. Cedricu

Its a pvp game and there are penalties for the "unfair kills". With that being said there are 2 sides:
    The "uff too many pk heroes" and the
    "git gud filthy casual" its up to you which side you take.

Or you can pick up the 3rd side and just enjoy the game without getting so affected by any pk (which tbh i didnt had many problems so far and also not that hard to deal with).

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

OFC the police can get involved in DEATH THREATS, even if they are only in the internet. Those threats were not something like "i'll go and hunt you and kill you and won't let you play the game" (even tho this is bannable as well), but they really threatned him to find him irl and kill him.

There's a big difference between some bad words in game and seriously trying to find and kill someone outside of the game.

What happens in game, stays in the game, but once it gets personal and there could be harm through your real person, it is a case for the police.

RageAgainst likes this.
  5. Alicia Dominica

A bit ironic that you would consider yourself exempt from those 99% you mentioned.

Anyway, obviously the likelihood that you will get prosecuted outside of the game isn't all that big, unless perhaps in a case with high exposure, say a streamer or something like that. At any rate, it's there in the ToS.

Nevertheless, if you want to read up on how reporting about verbal abuse is handled in other games, Blizzard sets a fairly decent example. It goes as far as perma-bans and these are no empty threats. Every once in a while you'll find gems on their forums where some random kid cries about how he did nothing and got banned, then the devs provide the chat-logs resulting in that ban. It's good comedy even above BDO forums.

6. I'm answering to those who say you can't track down a person on a MMO if this person does something against the law.

There are other virtual crimes, less serious than that, that can be still considered against the law.

7. fenzz

I still find it incredibly hilarious that you'd suggest someone get their feeling hurt so much in a video game, to a level where he would resort to report him for "irl harrasment".

i feel we strayed way too much from the actual subject, and for some reason people feel way to insecure about themselves that they would be offended by some guy killing them in a video game and maybe trashtalking them abit.

the mere fact that we even got to the subject of IRL consequences of PK in an MMO shows just how far deluded people who are playing this game are sometimes.

like a guy before me said earlier. i suggest therapy.

RageAgainst and Findubar like this.
  8. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

There's always a reason for PK. You're in a grind spot that that person desires, they want some form of pvp, you're a war target, there's a bounty on your head, or even just for fun. No such thing as a reasonless PK.

Threads like this are reasons why the devs shouldn't take a majority of their playerbase seriously. They'll complain about anything, man.

It's too bad BDO doesn't do anything to take advantage of its owpvp system and would rather enforce karma rules on most channels to prevent pk. You could have a whole economy system revolve around PKing, Bounty Hunting, and Hiring Protection. Oh, well. One more reason why bdo isn't a sandbox game like many people claimed it to be.

9. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Even then YOU can NOT track them down. Kakao can not give personal information to anyone else! They have to go inform the police themselves! Not you. You still won’t be able to get a name. Hell they won’t even give u a family name of banned people for exploiting and hacking

RageAgainst likes this.
  10. Who informs the Police is not my point. Anyway, I'll follow your advice and I won't speak with idiots anymore. Bye.

Alicia Dominica likes this.
  11. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Why would I sue myself? We are talking about me suing 99% of the game, not you! You can sue whoever you want to, including me!

That aside, I think you missed the real irony in that whole scenario.

12. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Not in a video game there aren't.

13. Findubar

i`m in the mood to grief so many carebears today after this thread.
    the tears shall flow. it will be glorious.

RageAgainst likes this.
  14. I believe there are.

15. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I'm all ears, if you know em, start naming them.

16. Alicia Dominica

No worries, even I prefer PKing over suing each other. After all, I got 10 fancy karma recovery scrolls now :)

17. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

LET'S GO USE THEM!!!

18. Anyone who has played a game online in the last decade will attest that there are plenty of moments in which normal trash talk turns to racial slurs and threats of violence.

One MMORPG player was consistently affronted by threats of rape and murder, and even when she brought the problem to the game's CEO, he banned her saying he was "tired of hearing about this problem," reports The Guardian. (MMORPG stands for "massively multiplayer online role-playing game.")

When reporting the issue to game administrators yields nothing but frustration, here are three steps MMORPG players can potentially take when confronted with violent threats:

1. Call the Police.

This may seem like a simplistic answer, but law enforcement, even at a local level, take online threats to rape or kill very seriously, even when not directed at a specific person.

The player who is threatening you may be in an entirely different country, but that may not matter. As seen in a recent case, it didn't stop 18-year-old Justin Carter of Texas from being reported by a Canadian woman for his "joking" threats that stemmed from the online game "League of Legends."

Carter is currently charged in Texas criminal court for making terroristic threats. So know that police in your area can just as easily share information with other jurisdictions to make sure threats against you are taken seriously.

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/08/how-to-deal-with-violent-threats-in-mmoprgs.html

I'm not talking about killing players in a game. I'm talking about threats made in a game. Apparently some of them are considered crimes.

19. Findubar

delicate snowflakes

RageAgainst likes this.
  20. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

This isn't a different example. This is still harassment, you were supposed to name different and/or smaller crimes you can commit in video games.