1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Marriage System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yoitsu, Apr 21, 2018.

?

How would you feel about a player marriage system?

1. I wouldn't want it in the game. (I will explain my reasons why below.)

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Not my thing, but as long as it doesn't give an unfair advantage I'm fine with it.

22 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. It would give the roleplay aspect of the game more depth!

38 vote(s)
    39.6%
  4. This would encourage me to play the game more!

24 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Yes! I can finally spend time doing things with my partner!

40 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yoitsu

First off, I have to say that I absolutely love this game. Its by far my favorite MMO and possibly one of my favorite games ever created, I love how the systems work, the combat, life skills, marketplace, etc. There's only really one issue that I have with this game, the player is very secluded, everything is focused on the individual. The truth of the matter is that this game feels very much like a single player game.

There aren't very many things you can do together, especially since there aren't really any dungeons or ways to help other players. For the most part I'm okay with this, but I enjoy playing MMO's with my wife. We enjoy helping each other reach our goals and generally just do things together, but we can't help each other with progression at all and that's been very discouraging for moving into the later areas of the game. I'm sure that there are many other players out there that feel the same way, so I thought I would make a suggestion.

After that bit of background, my suggestion is as follows:

A marriage system, with this being implemented it wouldn't need to follow the exact features listed here, these are just suggestions on how it could affect or alter gameplay.

1. Chapels in the game could be used as wedding locations with priests to perform the ceremonies. There could be quests or certificates to accomplish this and you could also set a requirement (such as level, maybe level 58+ for example) to limit access to this feature.

2. Spouse information could be located in the characters information, such as the spouse's name and the date of the marriage.

3. Premium wedding packages could be sold in the Pearl Shop, these could include various bride and groom accessories and outfit sets, custom wedding location and wedding invitations to invite players, friends or guild mates to the wedding, along with a marriage certificate or possibly a "shared housing deed" or something similar, more on that later.

4. Divorce, this could be done in multiple ways, its especially needed to avoid abuse of the system. I suggest a timer, maybe a minimum of 30+ days of marriage or more before players can divorce. Additionally you could decide to implement a cash shop item for divorce, or not this is just a suggestion.

5. Possible and suggested marriage effects on current systems:
    - Marriage Player Trading, this could be a form of free trading between partners to share resources and help each other. If you're weary of player trading, you could make it more strict by only allowing those items to be traded between the marriage candidates and no longer listable on the marketplace, these items could still be used for crafting, but the crafted items would not be allowed to be listed on the marketplace, although I don't feel like it would be necessary.
    - Shared Housing, players could have one dedicated shared house using the above mentioned shared housing deed. This would take a residential housing slot (1/5) from both players, but allow them both to edit and arrange the furniture and use any resources in the house, cooking utensils for example. Investment banking would be disabled for these houses, obviously. We're not looking to gain an advantage over other players, just share experiences.
    - Small Companion Bonuses, small passive party buffs could be added to all players in the party if the married couple are both in the party and nearby each other to reward partners for doing things together, and reward other players for doing things with couples. Things like leveling, life skilling, gathering etc.

There are a lot of other possibilities, but I felt as though I would list a few that I would prefer, just to be able to help and interact with my spouse and vise versa.

What are everyone else's thoughts? How would you feel about a system like this? Do you have any suggestions for features?

Please avoid any suggestions that would give an advantage over other players, I'm suggesting this system to be able to spend time with a partner while playing the game.

2. PurplePumpkin

Would prefer some sort of friendship system where the more time you're in a party with someone the more benefits and buffs you get. Like a friendship meter or something. Given how the classes were handled and how some regions view LGBT relationships, I think it could get complicated. (unfortunately) Plus a friendship system could encourage playing with multiple people instead of just one other person.

pawcket and DafuqYouLookinAt like this.
  3. Narkemo

Narkemo Narkemo Musa 61 NA

Hmm, I wouldn't use it since single but I know of some who would put use for it. I am okay with it as long as nothing can be gained from it except for say a title or extra info that others can see. Any buffs of any type shouldn't be added. If buffs are added in any way, solo players would be missing out. Little bit unfair. Also with what @PurplePumpkin had said in their post about LGBT being an issue in some places... Well if they were to add anything with this, which I highly doubt, everything should have an option to be hidden from others except those directly involved (the two people in the marriage). Idk, kinda weird topic but if you really want to get a poll on this going you should post in Gameplay & Mechanics > RP forums for better results!

4. Omegaschaos

#4 Omegaschaos, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  5. Narkemo

Narkemo Narkemo Musa 61 NA

6. Painfully honest

No it doesn't make sense for the lore. Also people shouldn't be rewarded extra bonouses for signing a legal contract saying that they will be together to death do us part. All you are really doing is giving top PVP guilds with Valk/Warrior, Wiz/witch, Striker-Mystic, Musa-Mae, ninja-Kuno, Zerk-DK a couple buff since they already use the same thing on some gear.

"Yes! I can finally spend time doing things with my partner!" What? You can already party and go over peoples houses. You just can't use their A tables and cook.

7. Capitaine Courage

Biased poll, so not relevant and it hurts its value, sorry.
    Where is the "No, I don't want it ingame at all, I think it's stupid, period." answer ?

And you can already spend ingame time with any partner you want. It's called forming a group.

Gravemind likes this.
  8. Omegaschaos

Ohh. I see. Sorry if I misread or misunderstood somewhere :).

9. Chan_Yeong

I think we forgot we are playing BDO, BDO its a clonic korean mmo with a lot of clonic features from other mmos but here all this features are a pain, and are more frustrating than something you could enjoy, they are plenty of unconveneniences to push you buy the Pay for Convenience items in the cash shop, so if we get marriage system you can be sure it will not be something that makes you happy but frustrated, for example in BDO probably to get divorced you will probably need pay 50 or 60 bucks for an item, or grind for 1 or 2 years certain item for the chance on a lottery ticket to get divorced depend if RNG Jesus allow it or not, or you could get marryed randomly to other player, or need an special protection item to defend yourself of being raped by other players who forced marriage on you. So... NO PLEASE, every single clonic features from other MMO its just another frustrating gambling and time-sink activitie in BDO, so please dont add anything, just let the game in the pre-alpha state its now, as most of players will just dump BDO in the moment a new MMO with good graphics come to the market.

10. Joungf

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/marriage-between-characters.157/
    and
    https://community.blackdesertonline...n-new-skill-partnership-friendship-skill.385/
    Maybe you will find those threads interesting, too.

11. PinkLily

i want this sooo bad!! my friend and i's characters are "married" in game but it would be so cute if we could have an official title in game. Everyone saying no seems to just be a lonely solo players (i used to be like that until i joined a guild, hold in there!) I think as long as a marriage system doesn't have buffs or perks it would be wonderful. Most other MMORPGs i've played have some sort of marriage system so i don't think it's hard to imagine.

12. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Each player is a family. How can a family marry another family? Makes no sense. Just go get hitched irl.

Yes, most anime games where nothing is serious. Most remotely hardcore pvp games I've played refrained from having one.

13. DafuqYouLookinAt

+2 Friend/Buddy System:
    I do love the idea of a friendo/buddy system too.
    I've played other games where there are friend meters and you CAN get benefits for becoming closer with people by not just having them in your friend's list. Even just teleporting to them gave some points as an example as well.

As silly as it may be, I think a system like this would be an interesting/unique add to the BDO world. It could even assist the community whether it be hanging out, in a party, in a guild, etc.
    I'm still shocked something like this hasn't been created by them yet. I do wonder if they've thought about this one?

+1 Marriage:
    I don't mind a marriage system as long as it's well thought out and the two players can receive buffs/benefits.
    There are a handful of MMORPG's that offer this system.

Tiffyshade likes this.
  14. ReiraSuzuki

I definitely join the request!! Who does not want does not have to use this function, but it would be great to implement it in the game (sorry for my bad english).

15. Aelisah

Bwaha omg yes I love this <3

Although I think there would be a need for more roleplay aspects FIRST. I don't understand why they dont, with such a beautiful world as in BDO.

BUT this point is so funny.
    I met my BF in BDO & now we are living together IRL and while we're in game we are always partied up 24/7.
    & we both buy the same houses / furniture in the game & arrange things the same to make it look like we share 1 house together xD
    Cuz it's nice when he's cooking I see him with me when I'm doing my farms or something (that I placed next to the house)

Yes yes yes on this - but dreams be dreams, I dont think this will ever come XD

16. Rinnagans

Join a guild, there you have it a harem

17. Nicci

+1
    First off, I +1 this, obvious from the above. However...

I think you guys need to exercise more caution with your thoughts on benefits for grouping. Unlike other MMO's where you get a bonus to grouping, BDO gives a penalty. "Why" you might ask? To keep PVP fights as 1v1 as possible. The more perks there are to grouping, the more skewed the game experience comes towards 2v1 or outright gank squads. You see it sometimes, but it's usually after a prolonged time of provocation or harassment leading towards a guild war.

ZyZy likes this.
  18. Ganymede Sicard

I'm all up for it as long as it's not restricted to straight marriages only and it's mostly a cosmetic thing with no real advantages in gameplay.

19. ZyZy

BDO gets an F- on social interaction between players. While, I wouldn't mind a marriage system, because play with someone I love, the game does nothing to support it or anything like it. You can't emote, dance or any number of other social things.

Nicci likes this.
  20. DaveH

Terrible idea period. Unless it is a system that other then a title has no effect whatsoever IG then absolutely no. And if it does give bonuses then it should also give negatives period. Being able to trade between partners? Well then it's only fair you lose the tax reduction from VP permanently. It's always about wanting freaking buffs without any demerits when players ask for marriage-systems. I would rather have party improvements so people are less inclined to solo. Or area's where you need to go with a team or you just cannot enter. But marriage systems? Why the heck should you get bonuses for something that should be kept out of a game.

Ohh or if they gets any buffs then as soon as they divorce they have to give up 50% of their wealth to the other and it gets tax like I dunno 15% for any involved work (government regulations you know) and then each item they posses (or stack) gets a 50/50 to be allocated to one person or the other!!

#20 DaveH, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019