1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing only one class is a bad way to experience an MMORPG

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Factorial

It seems many people get burned out when they stick to only one class. Stepping out of your comfort zone can be a rewarding process. Yes, it's going to be tough at first, but it's worth experimenting with different classes.

I see people get bored, but they have been playing the same class for three years. It's worth having more than one class to play. Sure, have your main get the best gear, but at least have two or more classes that you play regularly. It's worth the fun you will experience.

Don't go to a buffet to only have one dish while ignoring everything else. Now, I am not talking about rerolling. Just have different classes you can play when you decide to grind.

Ben Phoenix, Drielith and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Played only ranger from launch and still enjoying the game. I only have alts for enhancing and energy dump, all my alts who are high level were boosted to get the free skill reset at 56.

There are diff players, diff opinions but sure, if someone wants to try another class they need a kick from behind.

Still waiting for witch succession to come :3 maybe i reroll.

Baumkuchen♡ likes this.
  3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

trying out different classes can help for sure to find a class that you enjoy playing and i'm someone myself that switches classes from time to time and it's a nice change and gives fresh vibe when playing. It also helps a lot in pvp to play different classes as you'll have an easier time understanding the mechanics of the class and thus knowing how to counter it in what situations.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Redarion

Sure, on paper it's nice to have more than one class, but it's expensive. You have to buy all sorts of pearl shop stuff. Then there is enhancing for gear. It adds up quick.

Souda and Fearless V like this.
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nonono, you misunderstand the main post. What you are saying is what you'd have to do to reroll. If you just want to try out a different class but not main it, all you need is get some cheap tri green weapons and grind a bit on lower spots or if you only want to try pvp, you can use trial chars.
    It requires literally 0 costs in doing this except you need to buy a new char slot.

6. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

There is a simple solution to this: Allow people some build variety to experience one class in many different ways. Succession was a good step into exactly this direction. Hopefully they double down on this.

Amirite likes this.
  7. Nutter22

I think the next step should be the choice of only using the awakening weapon. Then you have three choices - succession, awakening or both.

But I suppose it must be difficult to balance all the classes already and still have them feel different.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Didn't we have the boxes for 7 days to test other classes? Gear was around softcap I believe. Even tho it still does not provide the experience of the class at high gear we are still able to test every class with max skill points and any gear level we want on global lab.

9. Rügenwalder Pommersche

bdo is one of the most rewarding games to have multiple chars
    i mean to be fair its really easy to get decent ap on alts if u have tet accessories - i could literally buy tri weapons and i would be 269 on every class
    almost no effort, bdo is really alt friendly

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Ye, of course. What I meant is that people might not understand how tanky a class can be (like kuno/ninja) if they did not experience it at high DP and therefore will not invest their time and money to main the class.

11. Amirite

I try out as many classes i can, also did that in other games, simply because i wanted to learn about them when we pvp and the best way is to have that knowledge about the different classes god/bad is when you're in the battlefield and fight. Could also be dungeons or bosses.
    In BDO i am trying them out because I enjoy playing the different classes, but I do have my favorite 2-3 classes i play most and there is also the issue about time. There are 18 classes now, soon 19, you can't get into all them 100%.

It changed a bit since the Succession for sure and that made some of the old classes more fun to play today. I tried out almost all of the Succession for each class, only one I haven't tried out is Berserker, that class is just not me. I have tried to level him twice and i just meh after level 30 lol.

Some classes suits me or you better and there are those who take a class because is popular or looks good.
    My main is for sure the Godfather/mother of my family and really enjoy playing that one.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye ofc playing on trial vs main (even on "same" stats) is a difference like night and day since u lack options to use the gear u want

i always said and i always will say : trials need to be 269/309 and we need variety in gear (like the arsha chest we had but it got removed or something)

Factorial and Fateneko like this.
  13. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

I dunno, I feel like if you invest in an alt too early you bottleneck progression of your main. Once you’re at softcap go nuts, but before then if you’re even sort of concerned with being mildly competitive you probably shouldn’t.

14. gjknkn

All of my 17 alts have some purpose.
    6 alts for questing and exploration - CP and eco grind
    5 alts for item drop grind
    6 alts for intense, hardcore lifeskilling
    1 main sorc.
    ...and Yes, I'm a whale.

15. Eynix

While I agree, it's actually very hard to focus on multiple characters on BDO, combat wise. From my experience, money become a problem really quickly , and the money you invest on reroll can not be spent on your main upgrade.

I think I'm not the one is those situation : Right now for my progress in the game, the "good move" would be to entierely strip my strongest reroll to retrieve the money, and buy the upgrade I need for my main.

#15 Eynix, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  16. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Sign me up for sword only ranger.

Factorial likes this.
  17. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Many People switch class every sunday and burnout even faster

18. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

yknow, I was just talking to a friend last night about this. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks an Awakened “Succession” should be a thing. It would create a solid split for each class. 3 tracks for each class providing significant diversity and freedom of choice for each player. Additionally I feel that with the advent of succession the animations are far flashier and more impressive leaving the awakenings feeling somewhat lack luster in that regard. It would be great especially for classes who don’t have much purpose to flow between awakening and standard skill set to just have a more powerful option to bolster their awakening kit. Some of these successions will present a bit more power creep than Intended I’m sure, and balancing will be necessary. (Not that it isn’t an ongoing task anyways)

19. Korvgubben

Skyforge solved this by having 1 char able to unlock all classes in the game and change between them freely in town. Its one of the features I rly liked about that game.

Factorial likes this.
  20. Eynix

Sorry but I think you missed the point. Being able to roll any class with one char does not solve the problem of the gears cost issue at all. It can go up to ~4b (3 weapon TET), by class.

Now with the new quests system, anyone can levelup a reroll to 61 in less than a week.

Fearless V likes this.