1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please add RP and PvE servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rok, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Rok

Rok

You know the saying about beating a dead horse, right? =)

Well, sometimes you just have to make sure it's dead, so here goes: Some of the most famous YouTubers who used to play this game say, over and over again, in their videos when they return to check out the game for things like the recent "BDO Remastered" update that this game would be much, much more fun if it had a roleplaying community, a real roleplaying community and a big one. And such a community can never truly exist in a game like BDO unless you offer at least one channel for Roleplaying.

Blizzard did not just create RP servers; they created RP PvP and RP (Normal/PvE) servers! Catering for both types of players, PvPers and PvEers within the roleplaying community! That's one decision that, after more than 14 years of experience and complete overhauls of the game, they never changed. Until this day, WoW continues to have RP PvP and RP PvE servers/realms.

I'm not suggesting that we compromise the "one world" concept in BDO; I'm suggesting channels, and we have plenty of them, with slightly different rules and focus.

A lot of the updates added to BDO in the last few years are certainly very welcome updates. However, I truly think that we could've used endgame PvE content instead of the Remastered update. BDO has huge technical and combat potential, and that potential remains untapped for the most part due to the lack of endgame PvE, group dungeons, raids, PvE channels, and RP channels.

I am one example who would definitely play this game a lot more if we had PvE and RP channels, and if inventory management wasn't such a pain in the game with lack of space and the long trips around the world to sell loot. I have no interest in this specific type of PvP, and definitely zero interest in time-consuming inventory management, but a lot of interest in this type of combat, these graphics. and the PvE and RP potential here.

And the thing is, I'm not alone; there are countless players like me who are not playing the game anymore, thus not here on the forums to agree. Some people think that such suggestions will divide the community or the "one world", but in reality, this lack of support for RP and PvE pushes potential members of the community away from the game. There is no division happening ... there is isolation and shunning of potential community members, global BDO community members who are interested in BDO generally, and who can join the existing PvPers who like BDO as it is and have their own PvP sub-communities. Such new and returning BDO players will form their own meaningful PvE-focused and RP sub-communities, ones that will enrich the global BDO community, rather than making it smaller, isolationist, and elitist, as it seems to be for countless potential members and quitters today.

And just to prove that PvE is not all I'm interested in, and I actually like a certain flair of PvP, while I definitely would prioritize dungeons and raids and PvE servers to be added first, it would also be nice to have a mass PvP (battleground) and a small-scale PvP (arena) modes that are open to all players, regardless of guilds, and where all players have the same exact gear (equal level gear) and the same number of skill points (and this gear and skill point set cannot be used anywhere other than that battleground and that arena). It would also be nice if you can level up this way! This way, everyone can jump into PvP right after getting done with the tutorial. And people who would rather level up via PvP can do it!

I sincerely hope some decision makers at Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games are listening.

#1 Rok, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  2. Skulllllkid

3. konijntjex

We already have pve servers.....a whole lot of them....
    PVP is part of the game, so pure pve cant exist.

4. RawhideWrangler

lol your a clown, if you want roleplay play wow, spot taken *****.

5. Lorai

It rplers doesnt cash pa wont care

6. johnnified

Every server has an RP channel.

Go away. Heathen RP'ers.

7. Kinman

At least in EU the roleplay community is alive in two channels (maybe there are more, I only know the german and english rp comm).
    Enough roleplayers pay a lot for costumes and housing items and pure roleplayers are easy to handle because they generate their content on their own, don't mind class imbalances and many other things.

8. Factorial

If PA made a pve/rp server, 99% of the BDO population will go there

It would kill pvp

So to keep PVP alive, no pve server

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. 6footgeeks

keep trying, PA/Kakao have gone back against everything they every promised for NA/EU, maybe they'll just go back on their no PVE server vision as well

fzegd likes this.
  10. elephantgrey

If 99% of the playerbase don't want PvP, it seams insane to me that PA would continue to force PvP on us.

Rok, MoonDance17 and NiyahHan like this.
  11. GMG NZ*SoS*

PVP is dead as it is lol
    untill they get thier **** together and fix the broken record balanceing issues pvp will stay dead .
    I do not support pve server , the game is what it is . like it or lump it , for myself i still enjoy BDO its a fantastic game and given the chance it will only get better.

12. elephantgrey

"This thing needs to change. There should be no changes."

13. Alicia Dominica

From what I can tell, you are roleplaying just fine - as an illiterate wannabe PvP kid. I suppose this is your way of saying that you agree with the suggestion.

Rok and Arktic_Fox like this.
  14. johnnified

There is still a PVP server, and a million other servers to go to. It wouldn't kill anything, just means you can't flag someone and call them Karmabombers cause you can't control your Alt+C Fingers :)

MoonDance17 likes this.
  15. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

gO PLay oTHeR gAmE THeN

#15 Two-Tu, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  16. Joungf

A nice example of a thread that went toxic by toxic persons who are doing nothing than trolling OP instead of giving constructive reply.

Calicoe and NiyahHan like this.
  17. Stabby

Notice how all toxic comments come from PVP players? And people wonder why gamers ask for separate servers.

Rok and MoonDance17 like this.
  18. NiyahHan

I personally think some of the fun of certain PvE aspects comes from hoping not to get killed, but ultimately I don't think there would be much change if a PvE server came to be. It would probably be super crowded, but PA money would still come in for the Rp items.

Joungf likes this.
  19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

There is no PVP servers, PVP is ded long ago... since the f'ed up karma system.. Go freely RP and PVE on any channel.. chances that you will be killed are literally 0, because game is ded and the people that still play it are afk life skilling lol

20. elephantgrey

The people flagging are the same that have always been flagging, mid geared players who target afk/lifeskillers for easy kills.
    Don't know why, theres literally no reward for it anymore, but they still try.