1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please buff Kuno Awakening damage

Discussion in 'Kunoichi' started by Trikki, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Veoh Techstarify

I think it's difficult to state like this if you are going after reallife.
    Ninja (Shinobi and Kunoichi) literally don't have body armor or else, just a few chains or leather plates on some places to prevent if you getting into a fight, if you get hit by a sword you don't immediatelly get cut in half.
    They are used to be silent assasins and not for a battlefield after all.
    (btw. don't think of the wrong claim which happened in the 80th around, because they didn't know how it really worked.
    Kunoichi is bassically just typical title for female Ninja, NOT this shît which got stated because there was a time, female Ninjas did go whoring to kill their target just before they were about to do it, this got nothing to do with this title itself)

And the underboob outfit of the valk is hardly like a bikini, but why got she that much durabillity? xD
    Think of fantasy MMO blackmagic/stone energy which is giving the outfit some def which is working like a second skin.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  2. Blitzball

Still no changes for Kuno on global lab recent patch. zzz

Oh wait , they buffed Valk... zzz

3. ♥Kuno♥Loyalty♥

Feel free to, well, feel however you want about it. I'm not one to go against someone else's right to share their own opinion. I did however make a thread going more into depth about what I meant and yes it is not fictional, mainly.

4. NotKiz

NotKiz Kunoichi 63 EU

Kuno only needs a pve buff back flash slash starting animation removed to macke it the same as beheading and sa or fg in lunar dash or ghost greeting and dance macabre fixed and than it would be in a decent class
    Sad that we went from 3rd worst to worst pve class cuz stroker and witch wiz buffs

5. BboydD

For pve she isn't so bad :

PvP she's very strong at 265-269 brackets

6. Veoh Techstarify

Yea.. at softcap and high lvl every char isn't too bad, but compared to some other classes still a big difference. (some skills are even still totally useless in PVP and if you cast them you did most likely a mistake and ending up dead since in that high gear everyone is a one hit combo.
    For PVE that was always the case, in between the most of monsters were ridicolous nerfed to death anyway.
    Well on lower gear she is definitelly lacking, or clearspeed is still slower.
    Not to say half of the skills are still buggy, half of the enhencement skills like Sinew cut or sassasin's trail or delighted blast since those skills existing...

Except of the last part with the blackstone enhancement, it's even not only an "opinion", it's what it really was.
    I did a modernsized version of Ninjustsu martial arts, and they kept it importand to know the origien with copies of an old book the Association showed me.
    I could even show you very old Pictures or real Shinobi in their uniform (of the book), if I had the a scanner to get the pics on PC.
    That was totally no big armor like a Samurai had in the war later.

#26 Veoh Techstarify, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  7. Minaciae

There are many vids on the web:

ex. : a Lhan that outfarm the kuno above.

Please note that the kuno doesn't kill big mobs (switching pack is strategicly the best way to make money if you can't kill the big healthed mobs quickly, the vids shows, at least, that point). Currently, for pve, it's the worst class to farm with.

Add to this there was a survey on kuno/ninja a month ago. and yah, even if many players have a doubt about this because everybody can answear (and not only the lvl 61~62+). It seems only 25% of people (who don't play actually the class) think this class is good at pve .
    src : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kErKYtYD8F/pubhtml?gid=1946058392&single=true

I'm a 240-242 IV kutum (252/254 IV nouver) Kuno, i do less damages than sorceress, wizards, witches, mistic, striker, ranger, archer, zerks, valks, tamers, warriors, musa, maehwa... and didn't compare to ninja and DK yet (on spots like aakman/Ronaros/mirumok with all 240 ap IV kutum/252 IV nouver).
    btw : it would really be "funny" that the Shaï, who comes today in less than an hour, do more damages than Kuno :) (i'm pretty sure i'll L.O.L.)

#27 Minaciae, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  8. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

I agree with most of these. However you clearly have some misconceptions about ninjas.

Ninja is better at PVE because of easier pulls with Malice , strong debuff with Beheading , and overall more DPS. Kuno has no pulling ability except that shitty kunai throw. Worst DPS on strong mobs along with Striker. No DP or evasion debuff ( Ankle Cutter is bad because the duration is only 5sec and the AOE is very small )

-We hardly use malice to pull... At highend grindspots we use anklecutter for the debuff more than beheading simply because it has a long cooldown. Higher DPS? Be more specific... Ninja dps at highend spots is not the best too. We would be mediocre at best.

Ninja has a much more flexible Q block.

-Ninja's Q block? in awakening? it is ****. Will literally get you killed if you use it. I think you are referring to our transition movement with frontal guard.

Ankle Cutter is bad because the duration is only 5sec and the AOE is very small

-Ankle Cutter duration is fine. The dp debuff is still spammable even on CD. The class has quick attacks and can perform 3-5 skills within the 5 secs. Then u can spam AC again

In my opinion I would just buff the PVE dmg by at least 15-20%. For PVP I'd like her to get more safe engages cause the way she plays now is more like a baiter and less like an assassin.

9. NotKiz

NotKiz Kunoichi 63 EU

ninja does 4k+ in hystria at 269 kutum kuno with 269 kutum does barely get over 3k ninja bad at pve Q.Q

10. KrimsonSky

KrimsonSky Ninja 62 NA

Ninja with 269 kutum can make 4k hystria? I wish... I am 265 kutum and average at 3k. the 4 ap and next bracket won't give me an extra 1k an hour...

The link below is a ninja with 270 kutum that makes 3.3k at best

If you got any proof link it.

Kunos received a buff today on global. Hopefully will help the class overall.

#30 KrimsonSky, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
  11. Veoh Techstarify

SOOOOOOOOO!

Guy the Kuno's awa really got buffed today!

That's what I encountered so far, grindíng some more easy monsters (because of less time today) and rift bosses.

First off, I'm starting with the contra:
    - the mainhand enhancement skills didn't get fixed/changed so they finally dealing critical hits.
    - the skill Sah Chakram didn't get any change, looks powerful on the paper, but dealing still not much of dmg compared to other ones. Instead they added Monster pull which can backfire for sure. ö.Ö

So for the changes:

- The discus for that really increased the range aims more precisely of the monster/enemy, also it feels a bit faster until the animation got finished,- don't know, nothing was announced in patchnotes, but it feels faster.

- also Sah Chakram feels a bit faster, too. could be just me, maybe they just adjusted them a bit to be more smooth simply.

- Spin attack got another spin if you hold the mousebutton, dealing even much more dmg- for that of course the animation got longer, but since there is super armor I guess it's a good compensation.
    This skill is probably the most powerful anyway, since it got lifesteal also. I'm just wondering why the Kuno doesn't puke after this xD
    (personally I hate this skill actually, because it's not martial arts, it's just uncoordinated streetbrawling and looks not cool...)

- "added DP reduction on Halo", I think it's more for PVP since I don't notice a big shot difference on monsters- or I simply didn't fight against monsters, which are tanky enough.

- Lunar of Delighted Blast got a very noticable difference, it's the 100% crit! That you notice for sure on DPS.
    I also explained earlier this skill seems to be buggy, because either the first 2 of are hits are hitting only, or if you are on distance, of course the first hit doesn't hit, but the explosion does for that. In preview vid on K-window shows all 3 hits.
    The explosion is the most powerful on 100% crit that I noticed, but sadly I couldn't test it on strong monsters because I'm a bit short on time today.
    Would be definitelly nice if this also has been fixed. but nothing typed in patch notes, so.. don't know, have to test further.

- Sah Spree of Sonan got increased dmg, but only for PVE. I think nothing need to be told there, killing monsters gets faster, but this skill needs this actually, because even it got buffed by execution speed 3 years ago around this still got long animation. Probably not very usefull in PVP, except if the enemy got thrown back maybe.

- the most noticable difference is, you can now fire wrath and indignation after more skills, and also both of them together- increases dmg because of more combination.
    For example after discus which was a stand alone skill before and you had to combine an other skill yourself.
    This is good, but also bad for cooldown, if you are doing the spin after that then Wrath and indignation is most likely in cooldown then and can't be fired.
    Well the thing is wrath is still soemwhat long animation, so be careful in PVP, even if having super armor.

So that's what I noticed.
    I'll probably still preffer the mainhand in a way, but absolutely switching more often between them I think with the new combos.
    if every skill is in CD there you need to switch anyway sometimes, counting for the E buff and other effects which only the awa weapon provides you would waste half the power if you don't.

Anone got to add something or having something different noticed?

#31 Veoh Techstarify, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  12. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

I am not sure why pvp was buffed when they are already one of the safest highest damage dealing pvp classes before the buff. A skill that is SA, doesn't split damage, does INSANE damage, and has a heal got buffed.. are you kidding?. stealth engage just got dumber. They only needed pve buffs. why don't they actually buff the classes that need pvp help???? you can one shot 310+ dp people at softcap with just spin spree now with just a back attack modifier. is this a joke??

13. IWalkAlone

Are you serious? Kuno have strong dmg ? What about Archer, Musa, Valkirie, Ninja.. they hit like atomic bomb compared to kuno...

14. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari Archer 62

Looking at the amount of kunos that invaded rbf and are farming 5 people everytime they spin I disagree

Kyraios likes this.
  15. Kyraios

When I get back from work I will record a clip of a trial kuno (255 ap) hitting me (309) dp with 1 spin and doing 90% of my health. That is absolutely insane. And that is just SOFTCAP. At 261 ap it will probably ONE SHOT a group. And now imagine what it is like At 280+ ap, you could probably face tank every skill with your heal. If you say kuno has no damage you probably have 220-230 ap. Kuno did NOT need a pvp buff.

Minaciae likes this.
  16. Kyraios

Mladen_VY likes this.
  17. Veoh Techstarify

I really don't know which Kuno you are playing or ancountered so far which one shots 310dp of just the spin skill, it must be around really have much more than softcap then...

Also there are many other classes which can at least deal the same dmg in PVP or even more. We can't change the fact if Valkyrie is at the time nerfed to death...
    Also the "I-frames" the kuno has are still also the same or even still less than other classes- best example every dodge skill of other classes got I-frame which you are activating by Shift or double press A,S,D Kuno doesn't have!
    Just block jump which got ridicolous increased cooldown for PVP, Halo, and if you switch weapons which also every class has.
    the rest of I-frame is even that short it's not noticable, especially if you having increased attackspeed activated of skill enhancements.

I admit if you're getting caught in the spin, that's the only high dmg awaskill she got which is hitting enough to get serious dmg (hardly not one shot), rest is average.

For that Kuno got very terrible base def compared to Valk receiving much more dmg. So if Kuno getting cought for once she sure is dead.
    There was a good reason for the kuno to add some powerful lifesteal skills, which she didn't have at the very beginning while the most other ones also got. ( literrally 2 usefull, rest more meh, one of them is still even totally useless).

Now in general. The system for PVP on above softcap, 270ap for example, is still a fail of Pearl Abyss and a one shot fest in general.
    The first one who strikes and hits mostly wins, nearly no matter which class.
    Even if CC system got adjusted and most skills don't CC anymore, if then still only 2 times, BUT that's far enough to kill someone without (s)he being able to do something.

Also no one still believe nowadays accuracy is still a thing, especially in PVE they are telling there is no need..
    So yea of course a Mystique or Striker who is lacking of accuracy can't grind well in Kamasilvia, but no one is believing me.
    Maybe try to increase that.

#37 Veoh Techstarify, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  18. Diazine

1. 301 dp is nothing.
    2. that was delighted blast first so the spin got down attack modifier (50% more damage).
    3. the kuno in that gif is using villa + exquisite cron meal (5% back/crit dmg) and a giant's draught. these buffs are huge.
    4. we don't know what kind of gear the mae has, for all we know she's wearing muskans. we don't see her buffs either.
    5. you need to get off the full spin duration, the animation takes as long as other classes need to do several spells.
    6. full duration new spin leaves you very vulnerable to getting grabbed or nuked.

additionally:
    - if you get CCd by a kuno (or any other class) you will probably die anyway, why does it matter how many spells it takes.
    - other classes can 2-spell people at that gear too, see lahn or sorc for example. kuno isn't special.

i don't see a problem to be honest. people need to stop crying.

19. Veoh Techstarify

You added things I even forgot to count.
    Also there is still the fact, if you are playing on 90fps at least somehow the DPS dmg increases, especially for speedclasses. Blame Kakao/PA for that.

20. Veoh Techstarify

Did you already test the Shai? Your funny fact became true...-> at least in PVE.
    The mainhand doesn't even have absolute skills, but only by pressing RMB the skills are hitting 29times at 600%dmg, had 140 ap was lv51-55, I could even one shot every Helms, except for the large one maybe and golems, but still easy going. So ap cap deosn't count if you are hitting the enemy far more for lower dmg compared to 3x 1500 dmg for example.