1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please finish balancing the classes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Reglub, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Reglub

I understand why they stopped, a lot of players, myself included, were really pissed off about all the balancing changes. But the worst thing they can do is nothing. Awakening skills were all adjusted and pre-awakened skills were hardly touched. Naturally classes with strong preawakenings are dominating the game. Please finish the job you started.

LiquidEmotion and ODB3698 like this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Class balances are still ongoing.
    Granted we do not have a current focus like we did sometime ago, but as it was stated then, once the focus was over, they would continue to make tweaks and changes as we go along.

Right now their major focus is on life skills, Xbox release, and Marketplace.

So we will have to endure "trickle balances" until we find out what is beyond those focuses.

Prime Vlilijorn, Reglub and Cthulette like this.
  3. Crytan

Crytan Targaryen Valkyrie 62 EU

I don't care which focus they currently have.
    The started class balance and didn't finished it!
    They should focus on this very important topic until it's finished! Not just oh we ****ed up, let's focus on other topics......

ODB3698 likes this.
  4. Rayin

Nice, you're speaking like a real Community Manager, why you didn't apply to PA & Kakao customer service for a job in that field is still a mystery to me, since you're even making a 0 impact "Gonna collect 'em all in my Pokèdex" list of other suggestions without filtering them, so it contains plenty of gamebreaking and unpleasant CS suggestions or "QoL" to discuss in your Discord where you can shake hands left & right with a smile as they do in a bigger scale with us with thier Q & A or Dev Diaries.

After 8 months we're still waiting for their "Class Balance" to come along with other promises and we have a wannabee CM that uses a vast polite vocabulary to tell you to swallow your tears because they are working for you, including him.
    You're as useful as having another finger behind your back ready to scratch a minor area that rarely itches.

ODB3698 likes this.
  5. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

C'mon man! Really? You can still support the game and acknowledge this is a big issue.

ODB3698 likes this.
  6. RoakOriginal

Nope... They stopped bcs they were waiting for people to reroll into fotm classes... Once they are happy with weight and inventory buys, they will nerf them and overboost other so people spend money again...

They are not only incopetent but greedy as well...

ODB3698 likes this.
  7. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

It's hard to feel like its anything but this..... even if this were the furthest thing from the truth they keep this perception alive by doing nothing or explain why nothing is happening on the front of class balance.

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. Andaro

Ambassador

you would suggest ....? ? I quit ? ? I rant and rage and spam the forum with rawrs and argghhs ? ? I write nasty degrading reviews on external websites ? ?

Having been playing Korean Silver Grinders since 2004 I've learned patience many times over....so yup, I sure can.

Ghoast_ likes this.
  9. Cthulette

A class balance would be nice. Even though I have virtually the same gear on separate characters, like a 56 Sorc or Mystic vs a 56 Ranger, the sorc/mystic will always be better for grinding because she's faster and more powerful. Even though I enjoy my ranger, she'll never be as good as the top tier classes.

Not to mention she'll get her heiney kicked if anyone even sneezes on her in PvP.

JeanJean likes this.
  10. Rayin

Yeah, because these things work if they are done by a lot of people. And by a lot i mean pretty much everyone.
    They work for anything, including basic services.
    But if you and other Don Quijotes depart to fight "Dragons" for your Feud when in fact are Windmills and you convince another good portion of the populations that Dragons are more important than the Barbarians who are sitting out of the Castle and are waiting for those people to go holding axes in their hands, then yeah, it serves no purpose.

If the community would've stick together during BDO dark times instead of splitting into P2W discussions/Karma discussions and other things, we'd probably have a better service nowadays or at least we would've got such a huge shìtstorm on Kakao & PA that they would've remade this game like Bathesda did with ESO to appeal for real Western Market, as it's their "Big juicy Cow" compared to other versions that could die tomorrow for them (See RU).

Instead this forum is full of apologists that are slapped and say "Hey, it could've been worse, like a punch or being stabbed", the apologists of the worse kind.
    Now we have even you collecting suggestions that will never be heard, beside the CS ideas inbetween all the suggestions that you're cherry picking here and there as long as people suggest something, even if they don't elaborate it.

I didn't pay 5 or 10 euro for this game, yet it turned out to be a Freemium Game. Well, thanks a lot.
    "Hurr durrs" ain't constructive thoughts, criticism or even rightful complaints like you imagine because they go against Developers/Publishers, hurr durrs are one liners like "git gud" or "leave". Thanks me later for the clarification.

#10 Rayin, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  11. Andaro

Ambassador

My apologies that constructive feedback offends you, but fortunately not everyone believes in constantly attacking individuals. Alot of people prefer to tackle problems.

To each their own I suppose.

Good luck in the attempted triggerings, lol you're going to have to try much harder than that I'm afraid. =)

Prime Vlilijorn likes this.
  12. Rayin

Ah, the good ol' "You're trying to trigger me" and "positive feedback", when i basically shown you the huge negative impact of some suggestions like with the Golden Key suggestion in CS and you disappeared after saying that it's not up to you to filter suggestions, but then you do it, in fact i never seen any of my suggestions in your library or references to my threads that are detailed for instance. Or other suggestions that are good but for a reason or another you don't comment, taking instead pile of craps not elaborated or with no feedback at all.

I saw detailed suggestions included also wrongly in your library, skipping the core of the discussion, such a positive feedback you're providing to the Developers.
    We're going to ask them Cash Shop introductions that will be aggressive like anything else, crippled suggestions or no righteous suggestions.

Hey, i suggest that we can tame humans in BDO and we can use as mounts, i wanna ride a Berserker, can you please include it in your library?

I don't need to try harder in something that isn't even my purpose since you're unable to understand what has been said other than the rough speech themselves, good luck with your self-celebrative pointless Discord and project.

13. Cthulette

Wait no, let's do this.

Rayin likes this.
  14. Reglub

Thank you for the reply. I’ll admit I wasn’t too concerned about class balance back when my class was OP. But now that it’s one of the weakest I can’t help but be constantly concerned about it. I tried rerolling but it didn’t work. I like my class too much.

Cthulette likes this.
  15. Netreiam

And which class was that?

What they are doing now isn't balancing, its closer to bug fixing. The recent changes have little to no effect on PvP or PvE and ignore larger issues that have been complained about for months.

ODB3698 likes this.
  16. Andaro

Ambassador

I disagree, if you look at the global lab notes you can see many tweaks happening to skills containing BSR 10, 25 and 50 rage

here's a snippet for DK, for example:
    They have been doing a lot of these tweaks recently and are still continuing to make them,
    Are we having a "Focus" ? No, they already said they were done with that.
    But we *are* continuing to receive class changes over time.

Most claim "theyre not doing anything with class balances" because you are not getting exactly what you asked for in the lines of "add cc to this skil", "add iframe to that skill", "add super armor to this skill"......but you should truthfully state "since you're not giving me what * I * want, then poo on you"

Class balances are a very very big subject, and they are tweaking them slowly to find the right balances....and, I will be honest, that could go on for a very long time.

Cthulette likes this.
  17. Andaro

Ambassador

Stick with your favorite class. Even if its the most horrible to play. Because they have a way of throwing monkey wrenches into players self created meta's.

18. Rayin

You really have no clue of what you're talking about.

While it's true that class balance is something difficult to achieve in a MMORPG where toolkits are completely different and some classes have skills with effects that others do not have, it's possible to establish what is class balance.

12 protected CC on Mystik, a character with the highest m.DP pool along with Striker and 2nd or 3rd highest p.DP pool after Zerk, the highest HP pool with Striker 2nd to Zerk, lot of mobility, lot of CC, lot of other protected skills that do not have an active CC but can contain debuffs, whereas other classes have 2-3 or no protected CC, are static and have been crippled in any direction with SA removal, stamina consumption and bugs that do not seem as such but more like the infamous "Damage split equation" applied on Witch/Wizard Blizzard which probably has been implemented secretly on other skills too without any official statement, to me looks like a no brainer what should be their priority.
    Especially since they're hosting tournaments.

What they're doing instead is hosting Tournaments, pushing their Marketing department to sell BDO as the future of E-Sport, fixing clipping textures and proceeding to release a "fixed" skill every 3 month, while it took them a day to destroy BDO PvP as a whole.
    And since you claim that we're complaining in a non-rightful way, what's their idea of Class Balance in this game? releasing a new character that has the ability to set traps to unveil character that are in concealment, as if it's a freaking MOBA and you should decide which Champion you want during that session and if they give you instantly the necessary level and gear to compete with others upon swapping character.

Yeah there is this possibility: is a sum of Weapon Exchange Coupon + Cron Stones melting to remove the inconvenience of losing time, silver money and progress while you re-level your character with your Book of Combat.

In the meantime some characters that are widely known to be pointless in many scenaries such as 1 vs X or X v X fights, for instance Valkyrie, Warrior and Ranger to a certain degree that on the other hand with the aid of AP bracket bonus becomes even a bit of a pain in the ass, are forced to quit, reroll or wait a disgustingly long amount of time.

So for you that "want to be helpful" and "constructive" it's good that people must wait 8+ months for every change, from the developement of contents to the so called Class Balance, where often they decide that X character must be fixed and either those changes ain't QoL changes or it becomes so powerful that rerolling doesn't become just an option.
    For you the constructive feedback is giving them a library filled with suggestions taken from other users, while any detailed explanation or even a well-elaborated and righteous rant, is the epitome of being unconstructive and people are throwing tantrums.

Meanwhile if you even do any PvP at all, try to fight a Sorc with a Warrior. Try against a Mystik. Try against a Ninja. Try to fight those classes with a Valk. Then try mass PvP with Valk & Warrior, tell me in what state they are.

Don't do it once, do it daily, for months. Tell me how much fun you have when you're trying to CC an opponent but your downsmashes do not proc and you have them only in two skills with 2 hits, while your opponent has several attacks that have downsmashes triggered by multiple hits, multiple KD and other tools to escape from you if he can't kill you and you're going to stand up again.
    Tell me how fun it is to chase a class that has several movement skills while you have 2 and you're out of stamina before you can even cover half of its distance.
    Try to resist to several blows with your block - your only defense - and see how much it last with people having 261 AP or even 253, assuming that you're soft-cap.

If you do not have the knowledge to talk about something, at least have the decency to step back and shut up instead of side with a billionaire Company that certainly doesn't need Andaro to play publicly the Devil's advocate role, when you get paid and you'll have powers on this forum you can do whatever you want, till then since you're just a regular user that wants to help "its community" try to help everyone for good and well instead of being polite and helpful only with those who are happy, new, polite or not active at all and have a very little experience in regard of PvP, else you're just an hypocrite.

I want you to tell me how buffing characters to match Sorc/Ninja/Kuno/Mystic shouldn't be a priority, because right now there's who reroll those, those that didn't lose totally their patient and those who are just lifeskilling to not fall back since month, "hoping" for a change.

#18 Rayin, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    ODB3698, Dark Eus, Zhev and 3 others like this.
  19. ^What people are thinking but haven't the 'nads to say.

Unfortunately, CMs like aggregates because it gives them one place to look, but eventually the core of the aggregate falls apart (see Round Table) because of poor, biased inclusion/exclusion.

ODB3698 and Cthulette like this.
  20. Reglub

Warrior