1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please remove the new character info window.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Korvgubben, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Andaro

Ambassador

not sure what they're talking about there....I did a trade and it updated just fine....

I did close the window and reopen....perhaps that is what is meant by not live updating? If not could this be explained a little more thoroughly please

2. Blitzball

You didn't have to close the widow before..

Thelemna likes this.
  3. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

Ok, this is just an example but it also applies to other things that changers the numbers in the window as well as to other lifeskills:

Open the character info window, look at what gathering % you're at. Go gather for an hour without closing the window. The % will not change until you close and reopen the window.

It may seem like something silly but it used to update in realtime as you gathered. So we got a "new fancy window" with fewer features. That's just weird, update something to make it better, not worse

Sibyyl and Korvgubben like this.
  4. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

na, people are just overreacting cause something changed, is new.
    Its the same with the new UI, first everyone wanted it, and now everyone use the custom HP bars....

People just get lazy and dont want changes...

I love the new ui and Character P screen.

an option to toogle it, will only bring me issues/buggs, (like the one with the Safe/Load options from server).

Do what u want, but dont remove the character picture! Its the best thing about the new "P screen", and brings much more personality to your character. Its like a passport now.

When u do roleplay ingame and stuff, its easyer to do now.

Or just make it like this:
    Then we have our Passport, with every information on 1 page.
    suggestion passport.png

#24 Jannanomana, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Sibyyl and Bruno12 like this.
  5. It is less functional and less convenient than he old profile ui.

Having the same character image that’s available on character select is not much of an upgrade.

Having to click through pages that don’t update unless you close to refresh and click through them again is a downgrade.

Having to save multiple screenshots for guilds with gear and lifeskills checks when we used to be able to get it all in one shot is a downgrade.

This isn’t a matter of not liking change. It’s not liking added inconvenience.

Escape menu ui is new and people fight against it BUT you can customize the front page to show what you need and use most.

There is nothing customizable about this new profile ui, and it buries information that was readily available in one click/one hot key under several.

It’s a downgrade and people are voicing legit concerns. If you like trading convenience for flash, more power to you. We’re just asking for the option to use what we already had, just like the new ui up bar has the option to reactivate the old one.

6. Andaro

Ambassador

seems like a trivial matter really, but I can understand the desire to see what % you get on each action for those trying to make guides and sheets with time comparison breakdowns....

7. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

I love the new version as well.

Wildcard, Beeso, Lynx and 1 other person like this.
  8. CyklonDX

so i went to forums, for like first time in long time just to tell devs i don't like new profile page... give us option to go back.

Korvgubben likes this.
  9. III

III

I want the old one back where I can see my lifeskills as yellow bars, not the grey ones we have now that don't update!

10. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

You can't "expand" the window size it will break low-resolutions fit. Almost everything they change are limited in size on screen. Until they convert every single UI component to svg/vector that will resize to fit resolutions.

11. Death_Grips

Death_Grips Death_Grips Tamer 61

Remove the profile pic from the new UI and purge all RPers into a separate server.

CyklonDX likes this.
  12. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

then u would be alone on the server.

Wildcard and Silvermist like this.
  13. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

The new window is trash. This dev is intent on "fixing" things that are functional (older ui's/graphics) vs broken mechanics like "class balance"
    men oh men.

14. ElectroStingz.

I think it can be done, the old one had a lot of wasted space, this new one is the same and the placement of things need re-arranging.

This is an attempt to provide more consistency, missing some icons but the layout could work. Everything easy to read and placed in a tidy order.

Profile_Rework.jpg

DukeEvil, Lillium, warriors and 4 others like this.
  15. Vanadiel

Please, don't do this. Instead ask them to release Drieghan and work hard to make it happen in the next few weeks.
    Drieghan is much more important than how an information window looks.

Jannanomana likes this.
  16. DemonNinja

I enjoy the new one - to be honest @CM Servantes I would rather they spend the development time and effort on making individual UI elements scale independently of each other, being able to move fixed UI elements like the buff bar, and adding more UI quick slots.

CM Servantes likes this.
  17. Korvgubben

[​IMG]

Beeso likes this.
  18. Beeso

Korvgubben likes this.
  19. Spartakatz

it's indeed a 100% step backwards if you need to click through tabs now. it's not as if there wouldn't be enough space on the screen to display a couple of numbers.

20. FamousAzzkicker

WutFace, i like the new one, the issue was that i couldnt see profession progress, now i can. dont see an issue. good profile page. stop asking them to remove it again, they removed it and my title search function was gone for months and i quit the game. you're not even constructive.

better go complain about the graphic pop-in , sharpness filter that ruins antialiasing, or the p2w artisanmemory/costume melting cronstones.