1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please tone down the Knockdown / Bound resistance values on Crystals.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Despins, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Despins

Since the 1 hit / Crowd Control changes, the roll against resistance to judge if target gets the CC Status is done arguably once, on the first hit of the skill. Lets say a target has 99% knockdown resistance (2x Boots Adamantine Crystal, Nouver, Griffon Helmet, Villa Buff, Valencia Meal), and you as a player will most likely have 34% ignore resistances (2x Precision Crystals, Valencia meal, Destruction stone sharp, Villa Buff). And mind you, in both case, this setup is probably the most "meta" and normal build setup faced. When mathed out, total resistance minus ignore resist gives a total of 65% total resistance, down to 60% due to the PVP resistance cap. Also, a target could have above 100% and the Ignore Resistance as a stat will deduce starting at a value even above 100% (tests to back up claims: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/8k9s6v/testings_on_resist_resist_penetration/)

Also, there is arguably a Crowd Control Coefficient adjusted per-skill or per-classes to modify the chance at hitting a CC.

So what is the problem?

The problem is multiple.

1. It is extremely easy to build this amount of resistance with little sacrifice.

2. It creates a frustrating meta where classes relying on a Bound or Knockdown can't do them reliably, and even die because of a resistance. And this has been argued at a large volume already.

3. The player can't even answer against this resistance: there is no interaction other than spamming cc attempts after cc attempts.

4. It's the current best meta choice.

Solutions?

I wish to start by saying that the 1 hit / cc system doesn't bother me that much. I find it frustrating, but I can live with it. I see it as a fair attempt to make resistances an interesting stat and I have reasons to believe that it succeeded at making it so. My problem lies on the issue number 1, 2 and 3 stated above.

* Number 4, Dreighan Crystal does help a bit against it by giving real, interesting choices for boots crystals.

Solution for #1

When going through the resistances of the common build, it is pretty clear that the highest amount of resistance in terms of efficiency comes from the Red Adamantine Crystals (25% Knockdown/Bound Resistance + 5% Stun/Stiff/Freeze Resistance). In the meta set-up, all the resistances stay relatively small, but the Knockdown Resistance is then catapulted to 99%. This was most useful in PvE as to not get Knockdowned by mobs like the Crescent Guardians in the past, useful now in Manshaum, Aakman, Gyfin, Hystria?, Mirumok (getting reworked in Global Lab). And in PvP before the 1 hit / cc changes it was very hit or miss due to the high numbers of hits (explained in details in the proper patch notes).

However, 99% is too much right now for classes who need to land their Bound or Knockdown to have any damaging comboes.

So I would like to propose this change to the RBF Adamantine Crystal to boots with PvE compensation in mind:

Red Battlefield Crystal effect reduced to 10% Knockdown/ Bound Resistance, 5% Stun Resistance, 2 Damage Reduction, Monster Damage reduced by 5%. Changed from 25% Knockdown/Bound Resistance, 5% Stun Resistance

Solution for #3

Solution for the problem 3 is once again about crystal optimization. There is nothing that can be done about Knockdown Crystal itemization. Lets get back to the 99% resistance and the 34% ignore. It is true that one could slot in their Off-Hands a Ignore Knockdown Resistance Crystal, or even 2. This will bring the Ignore Resistance for this specific resistance up to 44 and 54% respectively. As a result, the final resistances in both cases will be 55% and 45%. With these resistances, the differences would be minimal and at the high cost 300 HP and 10 AP losses. Kutum does exist, but it is an exception available for a very select few stats that themselves are more interested in the grapple resist ignore.

So I would like to propose this:

Black Magic Crystal - Precision (8 All Accuracy - 10% Ignore All Resistances) can be upgraded to Red Magic Crystal - Precision.

Red Magic Crystal - Precision grants an extra 5% Ignore Resistance of the chosen type amongst : [Stun/Stiffness/ Freeze] or [Bound/Knockdown] or [Float/Knockback]

No Ignore Grapple Resistance.

Otrsor likes this.
  2. Factorial

We don't need more CC

Mido, Shayla, TucoRamires and 7 others like this.
  3. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

I'm glad I read the name of who posted this before I went on my rant... lol

No more CC... Less CC.

4. Megabiv

I’ve built full res on my warrior because I’m sick of being knocked down constantly by classes with far better cc skills than I. If anything the ridiculous cc meta we have at the moment needs retuning as it just makes it’s pvp very dull. First knockdown wins is not what I played this game for in the beginning.

5. The_Grimace

6. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

actually this is fine, some classes can time their cc to keep you perma cc'ed, at least resistance gives the other player a chance to retaliate

btw this was a NO from me

7. MaximusG

long rant for nothing CC resistance is capped at 60% during pvp stupid it says so right when you mouse over any of the resistances.

8. Columba

Too much cc already. No...just no

TucoRamires likes this.
  9. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Buff knockdown and thus grab, SERIOUSLY? It is already pathetically long and broken, and it should be removed completely instead. Leave Bound and Floating as viable down attack cc.

TucoRamires likes this.
  10. Oddyss

If devs cant balance classes, all CC's should be removed, dmg output should be equal in all classes, more mobility for melee fighters less for distant casters, i think for now this is only way to get "balanced" pvp for ppl witch similiar gear but different classes.

TucoRamires, Life2v and GamePois0n like this.
  11. Despins

Tests were done. I linked the source.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/8k9s6v/testings_on_resist_resist_penetration/

And I didn't expect such a weird reaction. I thought it was pretty much a no-brainer that resistance is annoying. I guess you guys like failing to chain basic CC combo and die from pure resists.

12. Despins

I guess you like the theorycraft block that is RBF Adamantine. 60% of my CC are nulled and voided by 2 boots crystal I can't do a thing about. Boots Crystal.

13. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

OP from other universe ? What class do you play that you think knockdown resist even works ? 99% of knockdown skills are 100%. Knockdown resist only works vs mobs (sometimes)

14. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

a witch asking for bound buff, surprise surprise, i mean surely its massively hard to try and float with w+f.

if you're asking for a nerf on resistances, it should be everything, magic shield and other buffs included.

Columba likes this.
  15. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Yes you did, you just had perma SA making CCing others completly about desync/grab making pvp even more dull or simply 100% them and ignore the need of CCing. You really need to learn the new meta.
    If you get CCed you should be dead. When you leave ur chance of winning up to RNG the game is by far less skill based. Dont do it, dont aim for it, dont wish for it, rng is bad for the game.
    He explained it perfeclty, read again, getting 99% lets you bypass ignore resists crystals while keeping the 60% chance, in fact makes ignore resist crystals quite useless for that kind of CCs.
    KD is not Grab when talking about resistances, buffing the chance to get KD when you get hit, unprotected, by a skill with that effect changes nothing about grabs unless you talking about grab to kd chaning but then again, the retarded part there isnt the rng on the second CC but how easy it is to land a grab against certain classes.
    KD resist works as intended and is strong as ****, you probably cant tell the difference betwen floats and KDs.
    Gotta agree, but the best option for sure would be to make ignore crystals powerfull enough (maybe adding offhand/boots/helmets crystals of ignore all resistances 10%, something huge enough to chip down RNG resistances to **** levels), so if you wanted no rng fights you could get them, you get no resistances but you ignore all of them.

The idea is not adding more CC but making it consistent so luck doesnt take part into fights.

#15 Otrsor, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Valient and levinano like this.
  16. RoakOriginal

ROFL...

Bound-chain is the biggest cancer currently plaguing PvP and you come here crying for nerfed ressists... Really...

Columba likes this.
  17. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Bound chain isnt a thing, you probably talk about kd -> downsmash resets but i still fail to understand why is that bad, you rather get CCed and exploded by a 2 skill combo? or simply get oneshotted by 1 skill while ur using a protected skill?

Long CC chains are suboptimal if you have the gear to onecombo faster and only allow less geared players to overcome gear gaps, why is that bad?

RNG resisntances are by far more cancer on pvp than long CC chains, desync is more annyoing than long CC chains, Renown score is the ridiculous thing that makes some players need more than a 20 sec CC chain to kill.

levinano likes this.
  18. RoakOriginal

*Downsmash, sorry... Just woke up...

And idk why we have to choose only from the bad options... What about fixing the **** out of it... Less CC, less dmg, less pots...

19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Ahahaha Sorc player tells me that KD resist works, when they remove KD on every attack of sorc skills i'm gonna dance over you dead body.

farsay likes this.
  20. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Then ill simply do double float chains which at equal gear would kill you anyways, and if u simply survive those chains well gz on being gear carried, there is no much more to it, if you just want to be CCed and still faceroll abusing CC inmunity timer so be it, but dont count that as a skill play.