1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please tone down the Knockdown / Bound resistance values on Crystals.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Despins, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

Ur not reading right, he is talking about KD/bound resist:

So legit even if you stack EVERY ignore KD resist avaible in the game you still could be facing aroun 50% chance of resists, when ur combo needs KDs/bounds to be able to take down some enemy and they can instantly retaliate if your CC gets resisted that means 50% of the fights against those players will most likely be won/lost by rng.

Resists shouldnt be in game, or if something a chance to completly counter it with oposite ignore resists crystals, for every CC resist there should be a counter part, ignore KD/bound 25% on boots, ignore stun/stiff on helmet etc.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

but...can you imagine the salt tears in node wars tho, when few wizards would tele in people and bound> delete basically whole guilds without failing? (and i say this as a wizard player)

3. Netreiam

Not like they haven’t been doing that through sheer damage + AoE size since they were created amirite?

4. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

But you can do it now with other classes and its easier to counter a wiz tp (as you actually get time to grab them) than for example a ninja popping in from nowhere with an instant float and thus less rng driven (less float resists around).. If a wiz tps in and bounds a bunch of people they deserved to be bound and killed, dunno why would anyone cry by being outplayed in the most shitty way possible xD
    Not impling ive never got CCed that way but when i did i felt like a retard, i didnt feel wiz/witch was op.

This on the other hand... https://clips.twitch.tv/LightFilthyJuiceEleGiggle

#44 Otrsor, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  5. WhySoSeeryus

well, it would be SO much more effective if everyone got bound and downattackdmgrd from ebuffed cata, then mopped up by downattackdmg augmented bolide/rabam eq.

6. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Since "everyone" is against a nerf to this resist, what about we add 25%/5% resist gems to all the resists?

20% base resist, 5% griffon, 10% nouver, 60% crystals (2x 25% and 2x 5%) for 95% without any buffs.

Sure it would be at a decent cost giving up most other crystals, but 80-110% ignore resist is possible if you realy want to go all out that way. 10% Kutum, 2x 10% offhand crystals, 2x 10% weapon crystals and 30% from class skill/buff/debuffs (i know not all classes have it, but atleast 4 have that 30%)

7. Sandpit_

Remove all CC, problem solved

Columba likes this.
  8. DrrrZolty

this guy must have 300gs, everyone with gs 530+ know that when you have over 220ap first cc win is one combo fight and first cc is the key.
    come on at nodewars you cant even move bcause of cc spam, resistance cap is 60% which is also bullshlt and total rng.
    im glad that suggestion section exist only for let ppl think that they have an impact on this game, and no one listen to them.

Columba likes this.
  9. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

looks like you missing the point, the problem is not that people can get 100% resist (60% in pvp) but that its practically impossible for some resists and almost trivial for other.

Can you give us an example of 60% Float or Stun resist without some serious sacrifices? What about Grab resist?
    Is that resist still 60% when we include ignore resist?

10. Irvashi

How about putting a limit on bound-chain? Because its the cancer of 1v1 right now no limits just 50% chance and you can keep people whole day on ground with luck. Let me guess, you play mystic and wine because you cant keep people on ground whole fight cuz of resist crystals?

11. DrrrZolty

RESISTANCE IS RNG STAT EVERYONE WILL HAVE DIFFERENT RESULS IS ALL ABOUT LUCK, TODAY YOU CANT DO ANYTHIN AGAINST CC AND YOUR OPPONENT DONT NEED TO DO ANYTHING SPECIAL FOR LAND ONE CC ON YOU THATS THE MAIN PROBLEM.

12. TeRRoRibleOne

I get knocked out of everything.... Don't change anything cause the OP is insane

13. Eto

Eto

Some classes have a hefty 35% Ignore all resistance included in their E buff. Not mention there are gear pieces in game that don’t deviate from the AP meta too much and give Ignore all resistance besides Kutum and the new drieghan crystals give 7% ignore resistance as well. So you can add those to the list making it possible for people to stack up to 92% ignore all resistance if done correctly.

14. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

Some Ebuffs give 30% resistances, E buff kinda counters E buff in that sense (not like 30 sec uptime every 5 min defines most fights anyways), the gear pieces ur talking about im completly lost, are you talking about rosar set? o.O

Drieghan is not here yet and if you talking about a set that requires 2 or more crystals to activate a 7% ignore resist effect.. welp feels like wasted slots.. Ill have to check on those tho.

15. thdsm

ITT: monkeys who have no idea how to dodge/SA and are crying about "too much cc" because crutching uncounterable cc resist stacking is the only thing that lets them stay on their feet for longer than a second.

Also "bound chains" and "50%". Toppest of keks.

16. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

teach me daddy how to dodge CC from invincible & invisible ninja/sorc (via perma iframe), while their skills still have CC on every hit.

17. Veight

remove all CC

TucoRamires and Columba like this.
  18. Pavo

There is a feature called Block on this forum and ingame. You will not see what he types ever again. I suggest you try to learn how to, and than use it, instead of having a hissy fit.

Columba likes this.
  19. Despins

There is no such thing as Bound chain. Bound is a Crowd Control effect linked with Knockdown resist. It's a sudden trip down on the ground, on your back with no aerial phase and no tumble up phase. I am surprised that most of the negative answers to my post can't even identify what is a Bound.

Downsmash on the other hand does not have resistances and ignores the 1 hit/CC rule. This will cause mystics with multiple number of hits on the downsmashes to easily apply it.

And no, I am not a Mystic: Mystic and Strikers advocate for RNG Resist usually because a hard CC like Knockdown is the only way to deal real damage to them.

I simply argue that the players “stacking Knockdown/Bound Resistances” do not truly stack or build specifically into it. All they generally do is put 2 Crystals in the boots that then provide 50% resistances to Knockdown and Bound Resistance. In a normal setup, this snowballs to 99% without investment.

And then, try adding 50% Grapple resistances to the common Meta Build. You’ll quickly notice that it is not a Meta Build anymore and will most likely require a Ruby Manos Necklace or some heavy sacrifices like withdrawing Jin Viper Crystals from Gloves. Float is also hard to stack. But Knockdown is extremely easy to build and super effective against a set number of classes: and definitively not to Strikers and Mystic’s displeasure whom absolutely love their resistances while their Knockdown is linked to a Grapple and is never resisted as long as the Grapple is connected, effectively ignoring the high Knockdown Resistances.

I also do not cry about endless CC chains as I don’t have access to Downsmash as a Witch. All I wish is being able to finish my 2 CC chain with a little bit more peace of mind. Because a resisted Bound after a Freeze is guaranteed death for me. It means a Striker grab, a Mystic Grab, a Warrior Grab. An inefficient combo means I do not kill either; at 271 ap, mind you. Kutum as you proposed will remove all my kill potential. You then go through the resistances outliers such as Warrior 30% Ignore Grapple, Striker 30% Ignore Grapple on awakening grab and Zerker 30% Ignore Grapple that is a completely different topic, which I purposefully leave alone in the solution #3 where the Red Precision Crystals effectively do not have the option of granting Ignore Grapple Resistances. I do not advocate about nerfing all resistances. I only dislike that 2 easy crystals allow a 50% resistance to Knockdown and Bound, which I say again, has nothing to do with infinite CC chains because Dowmsmash has no resistances. I also think that the options to specifically build to ignore a specific resistance are out-dated (with the exception of ignore grapple resistances).

I’ve also kept myself from talking about what happens when a players reaches a resistance above 100%. The tests conducted by Daynim rapidly showed that Resistances above 100% do have an effect against Ignore Resistances. If we give 2 Intimidation Crystals in Helmet on top of the 99% Knockdown Resistance of the Meta Setup, it raises the resistances to 119% (which is then showed as 100% in the character sheet). However, in the Ignore Resistance calculation, that extra 19% is accounted for. If the Meta 34% All Ignore is to be put once more, along with 2 Knockdown Ignore Resist in the offhand, for a total of 54% Ignore Knockdown Resist, it means that in the end, the players will have 65% Knockdown Resistance, that will then go to the PvP Cap of 60%. And by the way, the 2x Intimidation is extremely common amongst the Striker population.

20. WhySoSeeryus

downsmash.JPG

u have to put addons.

fireball one is unreliable, but fb explosion kinda works properly.