1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls Kakao.....

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MitchDaDon, May 4, 2020.

1. MitchDaDon

would you add in this weeks inofficial Maintenance the "Skill Point change scroll" ? Thank you.

2. Andaro

Ambassador

What do you mean by skill point change scroll?

3. MitchDaDon

not sure how it is called maybe it was "skill exp transfer coupon" like combat exp transfer ..

4. Andaro

Ambassador

Ah yes, Transfer Coupons. These are dependent on the Winds of Marketing, and while I wouldn't mind them being fully available all the time, it is often a case where a player performs a transfer and then burdens the staff with a reversal ticket because they changed their minds.

And as much as I would prefer for such items to be scripted out of refund policies, to prevent the error of the user from placing higher burdens on the staff and decreasing support turnaround for other players with legitimate issues, unfortunately pesky consumer laws get in the way.

Hence, such items that create high burdens in the Support lines, are typically limited to promotional sales, which are not announced ahead of time.

5. MitchDaDon

so just mark them with a fat red line says: this item is not refundable after purchase and only one time purchaseable! people should know what they do when they spend money around 30 or 40 Euros even more on such things :)

Graugus likes this.
  6. Claydough

+1

im here waiting to spend pearls to tranfser my level from a char i never login to anymore

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

its a strategy to buy pearl shop stuff regarding swapping certain things and write a ticket asap so u can swap it back. id say players are doing what is known as clever use of out of game mechanics :D

Lefteye likes this.
  8. Vortexii

Well I have great news and excellent solutions for you.
    (none of these were done because they greatly improve the overall experience of the player without trying to extract every penny possible)

• Shared Inventory upgrades for all classes
    • Shared Weight
    • Shared Horse Flute
    • Costumes, that's fine
    • Removal of Old Moon Book
    • Not making new classes ridiculously OP
    • Incentives to "spent/donate" based upon your game experience and not gambling practices, time saving, huge advantages
    • Removal of ALL exchange items
    These do not add value to the game. They just add value to a few people pockets at Pearl Abyss / Kakao. Also generally not the working staff members, but the ownership.

Anyway, if you actually want to promote something worth while try standing up with the community to fight against these practices which are ruining virtually every game.

Thus, skill point transfer is not the solution. It's just another part of the problem. The secondary problem is don't give in to the feeble. Cater to a gaming community that WANTS to play games and not get everything for free. There really isn't a big issue in obtaining skill points on alternate characters. There is only a problem of effort.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I agree with what you are saying but I think that the game devs need to increase the skill point acquisition rate to be inline with the accelerated combat xp levelling. These days you level so fast but the skill points still level at not much faster than at launch. If skill points were as easy to get as levelling players would not be asking for these questionable convenience items to be in the pearl shop. Oh, but the at must be why they are so slow to get, silly me.

10. Vortexii

That is true, however the amount of skill points needed to be effective isn't that high. I did face this problem a bit with an Alt that I wanted so I could test Succession and Awakening without switching. However, some things should be left to work on.

An increase like you said is justified though.

Furthermore, which would make it worse is additional upgrades. I have so many skill points I can never spend. They should have some value.

I don't know maybe like a reward for playing the game instead of just essential infinite power via the cash shop.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Andaro

Ambassador

It is not a strategy, it is an abuse, and if it continues, eventually they will end it.

12. WhySoSeeryus

not a loss in my book, weapon coupons and exp/sp coupons are a plague for balance and fotm enablers if u ask me. :p

RainbowRat, Andaro and Vortexii like this.
  13. Vortexii

Were you referring to the exchange coupons themselves being an abuse by Pearl Abyss for profit? I mean you will fight for the "Integrity of the game right". Not just shill for Kakao?

I seriously don't want to get jacked over by an OP class ruining my game experience just so Pearl Abyss & Kakao can upset more customers this way and LOSE MONEY in the run, but report temporary financial gains.

If anything is an "abuse" I would say it's that.

14. WhySoSeeryus

i actually laugh every time someone on discord tells the story of how they bought coupons and instantly wrote a ticket for return just coz they can, even if only for backup :D

one dude legit used one coupon purchase to try out at least 6 classes in a row while he was still under that "but the law allows me to ask for refund within xyz interval of purchase" :D

do i consider it "twisting" of the rules? yes. do i really feel sorry for the coupon SELLERS? not really tbh.

15. ColdCashDivine

16. RainbowRat

Be careful asking for Pearl Stuff, they gonna make it twice as expensive :D

Phoenixxx75 likes this.