1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Poll] Are you working on manos?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Oct 11, 2019.

?

Are you working on Manos?

1. Yes - Already Upgraded or hoping to work on soon

53 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No - Waste of time etc. (Please, why in the comments)

86 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Prochilles

Somehow the person that has been checking weekly for manos release for over a year and has been prepping for it even longer, completely missed the Sept. 25th patch notes that announced its release. Interestingly enough, the market went in a strange direction as the mats. for manos items greatly reduced in price, which even with the doubling of worker output seems very odd. So, I'm thinking that either I've underestimated the worker output greatly or that no one sees manos as worth the investment.

Edit: Please make sure you vote, my threads don't have a long window before the CM's lock, delete, or merge it to a trash post, thanks.

#1 Prochilles, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

U need to invest billions.
    U then need to lifeskill to return the investments. You also need to calculate how much you would make without that investment. You will probably realize you really have to lifeskill for multiple hundreds of hours to break even and start making profit. For people that are really into lifeskills with dedication it is worth it in a long run. Other people - not so much.

Souda, levinano, Grehm and 5 others like this.
  3. Lord_Xenon

How the f* can endgame grinder not stop way before they blow 1000+h out for an upgrade?!

While it's right, that it's better to start to get a solid base, it doesn'T mean they give up on manos because (insert time to +-0).
    And especially there are many things spread over lifeskills, some manos could be utterly waste, while others seem to be better.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Grinders can access alot of other content with the gear they made for grinding tho.

5. chendu

I keep the silver embroided gear, more Def and the Exp % is not negligible, access are grean loggia duo, The only manos thng I'm willing to invest in are some tools, the axe, the riding crop, the hoe and maybe the butcher knife on day bu that's it,

The only manos armor I think would be worth it is the sailor one cause of +0.5 boat stat every 50 points, but even there I'm not willing to waste my money

6. Catastigma

i invest, but stoped for this week cause of the Grinding event. Arsha server everywhere is a too good Memory fragment grinding week for losing it.

7. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Not a hardcore lifeskiller so I don't plan to invest myself. I'm mostly on Artisan, master on some so nothing serious :U
    I have faith in my magic lumbering axe and embroided gear since I still plan to level up gathering/cooking. Maybe in the future I invest into cooking manos clothes because of the byproduct bonuses for contribution points exp. But I'm deffinetely not going for the billions in investment here. I believe I will buy clothes from marketplace since I never enchant anything in the game (since I'm apperently RNGs mortal enemy or something, learned luck is never on my side so I'm playing safe). Plus I do generally enjoy grinding and gameplay a lot more, so lifeskilling is something I do in between, even if it could at times bring a bigger profit.
    From what I have read I don't think investing in manos is a waste of time for players who lifeskill a lot, but for someone as casual as me I was just never interested much in it that's all.

8. Khondo

Have half the cloths at DUO or above, have the tools I need at DUO or above. Still working on accessories. Loving it.

It's not always about the profit.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  9. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I had full tri blue gathering gear. While it was nice, it also cost almost 2 billion silver and took over 10k energy to gain the silver back. Imo it is not worth it.

10. Mana_Mafia

How was it not worth it if you've already made back your initial investment and its only been a few weeks? You have the rest of your time in the game to get value out of it so....?

Doom Smack likes this.
  11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Maybe he was referring to the gold Manos gear not being worth it when he only has blue gear and it cost so much!

12. Hinalle

What's a manos?

13. RoxiAmbrosia

I completely agree it is way, way too expensive.

But this is really what I would consider "end game" gear for life skillers. I think it was their intention to make something equally difficult or irritating to make as PEN actual gear.

That being said, I am not going to be making any manos accessories, and at this time I have absolutely no intenton of doing them. I am working on making all TET green loggia acc ( currently all TRI and TET necklace ) I have two TRI manos hoes, and I got incredibly, incredibly lucky on my TRI Manos Gatherer's clothes (one tapped from +15). My tanning knife is +14 (this failed over and over, and over again). I have all the other manos tools made but they are only +8. I have done enough relic scrolls (all bought at min value) to have used up about 400 memory fragments to repair my manos gear.

Keep in mind, I don't enhance anything, and this is my first time really doing the "enhancement game" in BDO other than my silver clothes. I also saved a lot of materials leading up to manos.

14. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

NOPE. Cost compared to profit, 100% RNG . To pay off tri with my luck would need few years.

15. warriors

[​IMG]

Findubar, Dryed and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. yukishiro1

The math on manos doesn't add up except for the very most serious of lifeskillers. One TRI manos is ~2.5 billion with average RNG, for between 33 and 38 more mastery, and 5% more life exp than the 200 million TET loggia. That trade only pays off over *years* of constant lifeskilling.

The fundamental problem with mastery is that it doesn't actually open anything new up for the player, it just makes you more efficient at what you were already doing. And on the level of efficiency, manos is just extremely hard to justify.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Well you don't have to follow the drama queens extreme scenario of making a full TET Manos set in a single day, you can do what many reasonable players do and make step by step upgrades in a long term plan to cushion the cost instead of burning tens billions in the same day.

Prochilles, Lord_Xenon and Solitaire like this.
  18. Korvgubben

Ive spent 1,9b on my manos gatherer clothes and have yet to even hit TRI once. Its very hard to justify the costs concidering how many different tools, clothes and accs you need to be diverse.

warriors and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Technically you need to spend only 25m on each Manos piece for the stones since there is no other way to get them. Everything else can be produced without spending any silver coin by playing the game. You're just paying for being impatient.

20. Korvgubben

I have gatherer 100% of the materials myself and the 1,9b is value before tax.