1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Poll] Are you working on manos?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Oct 11, 2019.

?

Are you working on Manos?

1. Yes - Already Upgraded or hoping to work on soon

53 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No - Waste of time etc. (Please, why in the comments)

86 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Prochilles

This is what I failed to consider in my investments. I assumed that loads of players would dump everything into this gear, especially crate makers, and prices would be absurd. Long term the effects on the market are rather minimal, however with the addition of worker output doubling, even more so.

Good news for others is that I might release a how to on getting infinite supply of bottlenecked mats.

2. Prochilles

Does enhancing manos also require repairing? Can people buy artisans or anything like it to p2w it?

3. yukishiro1

The bottleneck on manos is the huge number of concentrated gems you need to enhance, not the mats to make the base accessories. There's a reason there's hundreds of base-level manos on the marketplace and the mats to make tons more, but not a single upgraded version.

They really should reduce the amount you need per attempt by ~33%. That would take the math on them from "takes years of 24/7 lifeskilling to repay" to 'this could actually make sense for serious but normal lifeskillers." It would also have the side benefit of making the materials you need to craft manos more valuable.

Doom Smack likes this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

by that logic lvl 20 caphras pen is 0 silver.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You're correct for once, since a level 20 caphras pen can be achieved without spending a single silver coin.

Do you have a point using such an extreme example besides drama queening purposes ?

6. Korvgubben

Enchanting the tools is just like enchanting weapons. You use regular blackstones and concentrated blackstones + failstacks and you repair with another manos tool or mem frags.

Valks cry and artisan memories are equally effective as on weapons.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

why is my example extreme while yours is just advocating "a bit of patience"?

everything you do in this game has silver value. opportunistic cost.

8. warriors

And you need mem frags and artisan memories to repair manos armor too

Prochilles likes this.
  9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

If you don't see any difference in the time it takes to produce a piece of Manos and a level 20 pen item, I feel sad for you.

But yeah parrot more flashy words like opportunistic cost you heard from the grownups to cover the fact you just said something beyond stupid.

Additionally, no one said things have no value, try to keep up before typing.

10. DaveH

I went with no. Simple reason: The new Shakatu seals that we will get will have Tri gerenoa accessories. Cheaper to just get those even at 5 seals a month then spending too much time making Tri Manos gear.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Törni

Upgraded so far all manos tools to TET, except tanning knife, and fuild collector still waiting, cause I have a blue TET as a backup..
    Processing stones, chopping and heating manos at TET, rest cheap greens at +15.
    Clothes: blue gathering, fishing, processing at TET, TRI blue sailing and alchemy.
    Acces: currently full set of TET loggia, and about to start those swapping out for DUO Manos accs one-by-one. If that stage is finished, than comes the hardest part... making duo backups and try for TRI accs.

I have the manos gatherer clothes at PRI in my storage... I think I will hardly ever change my mind to restart the tries on it. It's just extreme silversink, and even if I try to do two 1 hour gathering sessions every day, I dunno when that extra 50 mastery compared to my blue would pay off, if ever.

12. Korvgubben

Have you concidered using the tet loggia accs as backup rather than other duo manos ones? I've planned to go from tet loggia straight to tri manos if I ever get there as the point difference between duo manos and tet loggia is rather small.

13. Törni

Yes, and I'm still hesitating what would be the better - the difference between a full tet loggia and duo manos is 52 mastery, which is 1 tier up for most of what I'm doing right now: gathering, processing, cooking/alchemy for imp and CP push to 400 and above.

The problem is, I don't know when I can get a TRI manos.. as it's rng of course. The more time I have to wait for it, the more valuable that 1 additional tier becomes.

But yes, using the TET loggia is absolutely a good idea to be kept, till you can replace it with a TRI manos one.

Korvgubben likes this.
  14. robertthebard

Nope, don't feel like I have to have it for anything, so a waste of my resources.

15. Lord_Xenon

At this point your own argument works against you. The lvl 20 caphras item is already the goal, so your way to it was already decided by you. So you argue about the nonsense of goal instead of the right way. Makes no sense right?
    You can discuss if way a is better than b for getting caphras 20, but when your goal is caphras 20 then discussing that is rather BS and more a mental thing.

16. Jaeger

No, because my goal is to finish my gear for pvp/pve and then i can go for manos, so in ~ 10 years, except there will comming new boss pieces then in ~15-20 years xD

DaveH likes this.
  17. StormySkyes

You do need to invest billions. Tet and tri logia until you can get tri manos. BUT. For gathering once you hit 1k mastery it pays for itself VERY VERY quickly.

18. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin Lahn 62 NA

Well I lost my mind and blew up pretty much all my gear so currently I am investing in my life skills, I'm only going to do manos gathers clothes, butcher knife, axe and pick axe for now. I will likely do the fishers clothes at some point, but 700 mastery seems enough for afk fishing tbh and I like the exp bonus for the silver clothes.

I don't think I'll ever do the manos accessories, so far I wasted 100's of millions to even get full TRI loggia accessories. At this point to get TET I'm just going to buy TRI's and tap them.

Wodahs likes this.
  19. Törni

It's not that it didn't come to my mind muliple times, that I should just sell my full combat gear (269 ap kutum, nothing fancy), and just invest the money into manos... but than when I get myself to grind once a week, it comes handy... And who knows if zerker succession may turns out to be good (LOL).

20. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin Lahn 62 NA

Yeah I wouldn't recommend selling your gear that's for sure, but I kept pushing new brackets and I would go to grind Aakman or Hysteria and just get so bored. I was so done with the formula of grind, get X amount of silver and gamble on the next upgrade only to fail DUO accessories until all my silver was gone so I went F it and just rouletted everything and ended up with nothing, haha. I've only just got enough AP to do rift bosses now.

Anyway something that feels a little more stimulating for me right now is to see what I can do with a worker and lifeskill empire, got my gather clothes to TRI last night, only got the butcher knife to +12 though.... Got a lot of failstacks now however, haha.