1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Poll] Horse Boss Gear Feedback

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018.

?

How would you prefer to get horse boss gear?

1. Fighting the same bosses available now.

2. Adding a new boss involving Training Lifeskill.

3. Both.

4. Without bosses entirely.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

Horse Boss Gear Idea
    This idea will add a boss that involves horses and Training Lifeskill

Because it is still Boss Gear…

What if they designed a new boss, an evil Krogdalo?

Goal: Tame Krog’s Nightmare.

Main Phase: A combination of everyone throwing enhanced catching ropes (a new item) that will “deal damage” over time to the boss. (may or may not require the same spacebar spam). Preferably while mounted (currently not possible)

Throughout this process the evil horse will be stamping his hooves and sending out waves of fear that can knock players off their mount and cause their horses to run away. (Higher DP on horses, less likely to fall. Higher training rank, less likely to run away).

Optional Phases that may be too complicated to include
    Would take place before the Main Phase listed above.

Phase 1: Lure the evil horse.

Players have to run away from the evil horse on horseback to lead him into a trap (faster horse, less likely to get trampled). This process will tire him out. If designed where he has to run through a confined space (rock walls on either side) he’ll be constantly bumping into the walls to deal damage to himself. This could also drop rocks on the players that they will have to avoid while racing along.

Phase 2: Trap the evil horse

When they arrive at their destination, players will get behind the evil horse and repeatedly Charge him into a trap field. Once the evil horse is trapped and calmed down the group will start the Main Phase of throwing the rope.

Extra:

I don't think players should be able to be killed by the evil horse, but their mounts can get severely wounded to the point they are low hp (doing that wobbly dance that happens when stunned) and the player has to take time away from the "fight" to take care of their mount. The more time they are spending curing their mount, the less time they are helping the "fight" and therefore will get less mats. This encourages players to come to the fight with high tier horses that have reasonably enhanced armor. (I say reasonably because it shouldn’t be required to have full +10 Granverre to be able to survive against him).

If there must be a combat related stage it should be mounted combat (but I'd prefer this after they revamp mounted combat in some way).

This boss could also reward training exp (and those with higher training might get extra mats?)

An additional Idea:
    Krog’s Nightmare Summoning Scrolls (Solo). Another option for players who do not want to face off against the World Boss version can purchase Summoning Scrolls where they can tame a miniature version of the evil horse. It will reward less training exp and mats, but can be done at any time of the day and will not require the assistance of other players. (There could be a party variant with a medium sized evil horse?)

New Items:
    The enhanced taming rope
    An elixir that gradually cures your horse when stunned by the stomp

Main Rewards:
    Dreamhorse mats
    Horse Boss Gear Mats
    Krog's Nightmare Summoning Scrolls (Solo)

So that's my idea if it has to involve bosses.

Do you have a better idea? (please do)

Share your idea! What would you prefer the horse boss armor system be? Don't let this be another upset like Dreamhorse awakening.
    Do you like the gear at all? Do you want better stats and visuals? If this was your only chance to make a difference, what would you say?

The original thread that first mentioned the boss gear set: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/horse-boss-gear-set.307344/

The Horse Boss Gear Appearance:
    imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-eNRRKJrdx2ae.jpg
    Alternative Ideas Suggested so far:

Comment #2: -no bosses- Granverre upgrades into Boss Gear

Step1: Obtain Granverre Set
    Step2: Awaken Granverre Set (higher the enhancement, higher rng it will succeed) using dreamhorse mats
    Step3: Once the new set is obtained, ride your horse to gain exp that will level the gear further. (Higher training rank and more owned pieces, much faster to level).

Bonus Information:

• Gives incentive to have higher Training Rank
    • Doesn't make the progress players have put into their Granverre in the past year suddenly a waste

Comment #14 -weekly boss- Revenge On Gula!

Current Complaints Involving the Gear Set:

• Has nothing to do with Training Lifeskill (cont. to make this lifeskill useless)
    • Stirrups do not have brake stat
    • There is a wind set (fits pega) and an earth set (fits uni) but then an ocean set (does not fit doom)
    • The absurdity of the material requirements do not fit the reward (obtaining the gear at its current state)
    • Currently there is no real reason to want the gear. The skills should have been connected to Training lifeskill and the appearance (gear) should have gone to pearl shop as a costume.
    • Why was Granverre forgotten already?
    • There is nothing fun or unique about obtaining this gear set. It is the same rinse and repeat grindfest that nearly erases the previous gearsets usefulness.

#1 Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Tealsky likes this.
  2. Ascaeldor

Ascaeldor Ascaeldor Musa 62 EU

Hmm, I was thinking about your suggestion but I have to say I don't find it, hmm... very appealing. I see some serious problems with such a kind of boss.
    First and maybe biggest problem of all would be: Who will do this boss, after some people(trainers) got their gear? Unless the obtained Training EXP and/or T9 mats have a stupidly high amount, I would say nobody.
    If this new gear stays as it is right now, I wouldn't even consider to craft it, simply because the missing brake stat from the stirrups.
    It also sounds like this Boss would need way more time than Karanda/Kzarka/what ever boss allready existant. If it's like Vell, then ugh... Building up gear (or trainer rank) to hit the boss with matchlocks/cannons/ropes, to deal the exact same damage as somebody who newly started... I dunno.
    Another problem (at least for me) would be horse deaths. Even though they have no impact anymore I would never use one of my "premium"- horses to face the boss. I can't stand watching at my horsestats and seeing the deathcount going up. Nope, that's a no go for me.
    The next problem I see is the new taming rope. I already have my backpack stuffed with tons of gathering tools, Lifeskill clothes, potions ect.pp. With the manos stuff coming soon™ there will be even more things to carry around.

Next thing, which bothers me alot, which has nothing to do with your suggestion tho: Why do I need a horse gear to activate special skills with my horse? All those gear-specific skills from the new set should be a trainer thing. The higher your level, the more skills you can use.
    I'm sorry that I'm the first one replying and not being positive :( Although I have to say, I don't have any better ideas. Maybe: Don't implement the gear at all. Take the skin, put it in pearlshop so all people who like to ride around with kinda different looking curtains, which always hide the horse completely, can buy it (yes PA, this is critic, because all horse gear looks kinda the same. BORING!!!). Make the skills a trainer only thing and done. I hope some of my points make any sense.

Tealsky, Ventesa and Caylea like this.
  3. Ventesa

I honestly wouldn't do it myself lol, simply because I don't like bosses (or group content for that matter...), but it is boss gear so I figured I'd make an effort to design a boss that did involve training. :)

I also would much rather have it as you suggested, in the pearlshop or something trainers gain as they rank up the lifeskill. (I actually voted in the poll for the last option, to get the gear without bosses heh...).

#3 Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Ascaeldor and Tealsky like this.
  4. Ventesa

I started this thread to get the horse community hopefully discussing on what they would like this set to be like, so maybe there is a chance we can get it how we want it. If not my idea, then it'd be nice if we could all come together and think of something much better. Simply telling the devs "no we don't like that" isn't enough sadly, because the gear will come here no matter what. :( If this was our only chance to make it how we want it, then we should make the effort to offer suggestions to them. The sooner the better, because then it can get sent over and actually judged.

Edit: I really believe Kakao really will let the devs know that we don't like the current path to get this gear (or its stats) and would prefer something else. But they need our help too! They need us to actually tell them what we want :)

#4 Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018
    Ascaeldor and Tealsky like this.
  5. Ventesa

New Idea:

Okay, what if they added a Trainer shop? Higher training rank, more items you unlock in the shop (including this gear).

We could build on the idea. Should it take silver? Should it take a new type of exchange item?

#5 Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Tealsky likes this.
  6. Ventesa

yay @Tealsky is here :) Please have an opinion :| I am begging... hehe

7. Shaynae

I appreciate your trying to stimulate conversation on this.

My problem is the same as I've seen @Ascaeldor talk about several times. Training skill is very tedious to raise and it really has very little benefit. i'd like to see something come from having a higher training skill. So a shop is an idea, but really being able to tame special horses that you can't at lower skill or breeding is boosted at higher skill or even just a substantial higher percentage chance of 'good' skills, those are things I would like.

Tealsky, Caylea, RamblingRose and 2 others like this.
  8. Ventesa

What if they added a new type of horse you could tame at higher Training rank and it can be exchanged for the material to make the gear? And if these horses are bred there is a chance for bonus materials to pop out~ Like a pinata! (Maybe a little too silly but you get me...)

Edit: At each trainer milestone better horses to tame for the mats appear.

Professional1- T1GearHorse

Artisan1- T2GearHorse (double the mats)

Master1- T3GearHorse (triple the mats)

Breed T1GearHorses together, may result in higher tiers for the bonus mats

________________________________________________________________________________​

Noted for Improvements to Training Lifeskill:

• Higher Training rank = Higher RNG on horses learning good skills (@Shaynae idea)

I am also gathering ideas for improvements in Training so I will keep that in mind. (If not already done so I could put it in @Andaro 's suggestion form).

There is also a thread going here: https://community.blackdesertonline...tions-horse-breeding-and-t9-awakening.312842/

#8 Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018
    Tealsky likes this.
  9. Ascaeldor

Before I even consider to buy/craft/dance my name to get this gear, they should rework it. As it is now, it's a yellow Granverre Set with useless stats on the stirrups, higher repair and obtaining costs and buffs which - yes, I repeat myself - should be trainer only.
    Ok, I let my brain do some work and offer simply the first thing, that came into my mind:
    Since Granverre doesn't give any setbonus at all, let us awaken this set into the new one at the blacksmith. Three new sets are planned. We do have 3 dreamhorses - yes guys, you already know, where the journey will lead us!
    With the use of T9 mats you can awaken the Granverre set into the new one
    • Pegi mats would increase the chance of the wind set
    • Uni mats would increase the chance of the ocean set
    • Doom mats would increase the chance of the earth set
    The higher your enchantment on your Granverre, the more likely it will awaken into the new one.
    And now you guys are asking: OMG, is he mad?! That has nothing to do with training! BUT...!
    I'm not done yet!
    Since you sacrifice your already enhanced horse gear, you don't feel like upping the new one again, right? Right. And you shouldn't need to. At least not the old fashioned way. How about upping the gear, while using it? The more you travel around with your horse wearing the yellow gear, the more "EXP" the gear gains - which will be highly depended on your trainer rank! The higher your rank, the faster the EXP gain will be. And I don't talk about 500EXP for "normal people" and 550 EXP for trainers. I talk about 500 EXP for "normies" and - depending on your rank - for Example Master 1 = 5000 EXP.

But Asca, there is more than one Item of horse gear. If a Master 1 gets 5000 EXP and needs about 3months or more to get this item up to +10, it will take ages to level up all!
    Right and wrong!
    First of all: You're always welcome to up your trainer rank. It's hard work, I know, but if you want the best, you have to do the work. Additional it would be like with horses attached to wagons. The more items the horse wears, the less EXP you'll get per Item but in total you'll get more EXP, if you have the full set. Like I said: It's like the wagon training with 4 horses - each single horse gets less EXP but all together will level way faster than ridden solo.

What do you guys think?

Death threats and such things please via PM to keep the forum atmosphere friendly and fun :D

#9 Ascaeldor, Oct 30, 2018
    Pegacorn, Tealsky, Caylea and 2 others like this.
  10. Ventesa

Yes this is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing and thinking up all of this :)! I personally really like the idea. Let me try to sum it down into a list though...

Step1: Obtain Granverre Set
    Step2: Awaken Granverre Set (higher the enhancement, higher rng it will succeed) using dreamhorse mats
    Step3: Once the new set is obtained, ride your horse to gain exp that will level the gear further. (Higher training rank and more owned pieces, much faster to level).

Bonus Information:
    Gives incentive to have higher Training Rank

I think they should change what the set types are if they connect them with dreamhorses personally. Because Unicorn is Earth Element but you have Doom getting the Earth set. (Which seems like the only option when the other set is Ocean). If possible, they should change Ocean set to Fire set. I have a bad feeling they only did this because they were connecting it to lame bosses and the Ocean set requires a water boss? Ugh.

So did I gather that all up correctly though? (I will edit this post to fix if not)

Pegacorn, Tealsky, Caylea and 2 others like this.
  11. Ascaeldor

Yup, I connected it this way because Doom and Ocean would result in steam... alot of steam XO
    And you got all points right :D

Tealsky, Caylea and Ventesa like this.
  12. xCedric x

xCedric x Archer 60 EU

Workers boss gear when?

shidoxen likes this.
  13. Ventesa

Further feedback on @Ascaeldor 's idea would be great guys! Do you love it? Do you hate it? (Bite Asca, not me). The more opinions the better!

Also, if you don't want Horse Boss Gear to involve bosses then please vote for the 4th on the poll ( Without bosses entirely) so it is easier to see how many are with or against the involvement of bosses! Please and thank you <3. If none of the suggestions make it through, at least the knowledge that we do not want a connection between horses and bosses could.

#13 Ventesa, Oct 30, 2018
  14. RamblingRose

I love what you are doing Ventesa. My problem is that over the years we have complained about a number of things - esp the most basic one that the value pack should apply to the horse market!! - and nothing seems to happen. I am afraid I have turned into a cynic, sigh. It's Pearl Abyss developers who are in total control of how things work and I suspect they pay more attention to the KR market than what we want here. But I don't know, would love ti be pleasantly surprised! So keep at it and thank you.

BUT wouldn't it be fun if we had a weekly Gula Boss?? I am sure that anyone who has ever attempt at a t9. would show up to throw anything at her including rotten tomatoes.

As for the new gear I did look at it when that thread came out and it seemed rather daunting, like almost impossible daunting. But I felt that the kama wagon was daunting too! And haven't done that either.

As a Master 4 trainer, it would be lovely if that meant something. I mean, even as an Artisan farmer we got Magic Seeds. I thought there were plans to improve or at least give us some benefits to a higher Training level, but that appears to have come to naught?

Love this community ♥♥♥

edit: still thinking about your poll.

Shayla, Shaynae, Tealsky and 2 others like this.
  15. Ventesa

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! <3

It was discussed in the BDO Feedback discord that it'd be interesting to have an event boss for each lifeskill, and your Gula idea sounds like an awesome addition to something like that! I totally understand that after so many months/years it feels like suggesting anything will fall on deaf ears. And it is sad that the final decision from Pearl Abyss is not always what we hope to see/hear (especially when it arrives in a silent vague answer of neither a yes or a no... just silence.)

I think, if we consider this the last Hurrah... Give that one last effort to voice what we want. I will try my best to keep it all organized and make sure it is passed along. I've made a list of past threads in an effort to keep already voiced opinions still relevant, and it doesn't seem right to make people repeat themselves yet again. But @Sidina and I are working together to push for the Horse Community's voice to be heard this time! Even if it feels like nothing will come of any of this, I'd really appreciate anyone who will make that one last effort to fight for the game they love (or once loved). ♥

16. Ventesa

I'd like to add that those who think the boss gear set has bad stats, the Peridot Wagon was eventually "fixed" to be less "useless". Sure it took months, but if we let them know now that this gear set has an undesirable set up there is a more likely chance they will fix it sooner. Detailed opinions on how the gear stats could be improved would be great!

@Ascaeldor mentioned something should be trainer only? The buffs? Could you specify how that should work? Similar to how ships have their bonus skills locked behind leveling the lifeskill?

17. Ascaeldor

Either this, or lock it to this new horse gear, so everyone can use it (trainers will have it most likely earlier, because we are pretty much amazing - means: let the skills bee usable after leveling the gear up to some point)

Ventesa likes this.
  18. Ventesa

19. Ventesa

@Ascaeldor and @RamblingRose I've added both of your suggestions (alternative way to get horse boss gear and a weekly gula boss) to the suggestion form :). @Shaynae as well as your idea about taming special horses that you can't at lower skill. Do you feel the new mastery changes may have covered your other desires?

If anyone else has any ideas for Training Lifeskill or Horse Boss Gear (or really anything at all) feel free to suggest something! Or add it yourself as well: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeM9QwAuJWwqsQVxGm1ya-B1Z2thM6_hz9uF6z4YL4_kEK7_Q/viewform

#20 Ventesa, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    RamblingRose and Ascaeldor like this.