1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: How would you describe BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fearless V, May 26, 2019.

?

Would you say BDO is more ___________ and why.

1. Gear and level based!

2. Skill based!

3. Cash Shop based!

4. AFK based

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

As stated above!

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Compared to other MMOs even other Korean MMOs. PvP, PvE, and Lifeskilling all feel like they make life extremely hard for you until you spend in the cash shop. To me it feels like BDO is completely built around it's cash shop and nothing else. (Gear, Classes, METAs, and Balance!)

I respect everyone opinion on this topic. Please do chime in.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  3. Aku_MasterofMasters

Aku perplexed.png

When you really think about it... grinding isn't viable unless you have pets.

Your gear degrades fast unless you brand it, or have a full costume set.

Tents help you get villa buffs easier and you don't have to cough up 25M a week just to maintain the "free" one.

Maids can help with transporting items to a capital storage OR warehouse depending on which one you get. Also, you can't make more than one "order" unless you have market maids, so you're either forced to cancel said order or buy a maid to condone a second one or beyond.

You start out being unable to carry decently until you get a set of armor that helps with weight problems, which in turn, makes your rotation smoother last longer before having to go back to dump on the horse. Pots also weigh you down a lot, which is kinda irritating at times. At most, most full boss players only have 700 effective LT to play with since the armor weighs them down by 100LT while having an 800LT cap after getting the loyalty weights. Strength levels only give about 2LT a level, and soft caps at lv 25.

For F2P, getting pearl items can be a nightmare because you're fighting against other people for "order filling" and your odds of getting something from 1,000+ orders is even less than a 0 stack PEN attempt in terms of percentage. Assuming they even get registered into market.

Tears resurrect you instantly, but don't give you enough protection to heal back up, which can result in another unnecessary death.

Rerolling in general cannot be done without a pearl item of some form. ESP the case for horses and fairies.

People progressing faster than ever due to the changes of costumes being able to be melted for either valks or cron stones. Protected enhancement from melting costumes is rather consistent and those with possession of the ultimate CC can pretty much have whatever they want if the supply is available.

Events that give you more weight, or pets exclusively to pearl shop and F2P cannot attain them when period ends.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here since even with said complaints, we still feed the cows.

onaco, lnsidiousoul, Dremak and 8 others like this.
  4. Rayin

A shiny shell with a rotten exoskeleton.
    It could've been so much better for everyone, from PvE players to PvP ones, even lifeskillers, yet doesn't satisfy or elaborate any of those aspects.

I wonder how many people have fun with Lakiaro minigame after they did it 200 times or if it became another task done in "Burnout" with your brain shut down.

ViktoryiaV likes this.
  5. Boink

It is definitely cash shop based.

Is it p2w? Yes cron spam and artisans x 4 progression wise. Maids, Multiple Store Bought Workers and Inventory space, Outfits yes yes yes. Costumes 220m silver each. Yes Yes Yes.

P2W was a sad eventuality when the game release @ $10 ($5 on sale) on Steam. Nothing can really change that.

Does it affect my gameplay? Sure I get a little jealous on players that pen attempts everyday or every week. Sure they might contest my spot and maybe win. But for someone who got lucky with their progression and spent very little in the game. I feel fortunate that I have a "free game" thanks to the players that spam crons and artisans their progression.

[​IMG]

I been pearl free for one year now. Although that might change since I got lucky again with my T9 horse X 2

I still enjoy my V attempts every 2-3 weeks 165 FS ^___^. I still do enjoy my progression and the easy content. The only reason why I stopped because of the bad odds. I hate losing. I consider myself a good gambler, I play real poker and betting real money on a 3% odd is just not me. Also I been playing FPS and Strategy games again for actual challenging & competitive game-play.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. flukeSG1

Might I ask what the point of this thread is? What will you be doing with the data collected here? Why aren't multiple answers allowed?

JM likes this.
  7. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

"Custom Waifu 2.0 with MMO elements and a Huge Open World system"

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Because they conflict..If your answer is anything other then cash shop based, you do not understand basic greed, and how it has ruined this beautiful piece of art.

Id say the point is to inform.

9. Khondo

My answer is "Whatever you want to make it"

The game has so much variety you can pick and choose what you want out of it.

You can spend heaps of money or very little (free to play).

You can be heavy into PVP where you need lots of gear or you can PVE where you can get by with anything.

Skills are dependent only if you want to 1 shot something.

There is so much choice in this game and how you want to play it.

10. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Its definitely a hybrid between cash shop and AFK. It has many fun aspects but it is too money depend for progress. Aside all of that it is enjoyable. Imwondering whats going on that Steam population has doubled this weekend. I have never seen this even on other hollyday weekends. Are they having goodies giving to them for login in?
    chart.png

11. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Free weekend + 50% off, as well as some sort of badge that you can get via daily tasks during their Spring Cleaning. BDO is in the Speed Clean category, so people will likely choose it for that reason.

Boink likes this.
  12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

got it, ty.

13. Noixi

Please add this category to the poll:

2 dimensional WELEE ranged caste based disparity with a supplemental cash shop.

Oh wait. You could just add "All of the above.. At once..."

14. Aethys

Never have I seen a game where you leave yourself connected to a server. Isn't that a useless load on the grid?

15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Anarchy Online allows you to be permanently connect to the server since 2001.

16. Joungf

For the Waifu-holics the character editor is 2.0 but for the ones who want to create individual, unique characters it is 2.0 alpha version.

17. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

So there is twice amount of players because of game is free for weekend ?
    Game is 50% off almost permanent. That is 5 euro for game.
    You want to tell me that 5 euro holds 50% potential players off ? No wonder games are mostly free to play nowadays and subscribe based games have hard time.

18. Boink

It is free to try out this Weekend. It is also one of the games to try out for the Spring Cleaning Badge (to get rare badges).

edit: my bad someone already answered it :D

19. KhaosThanathan

Well, of course. A pricetag will always be a psychological barrier that keeps people from trying out stuff. Sure, 5 bucks aren't a lot of cash, but the psychological barrier still holds. That's why several P2P or B2P MMORPGs offer some kind of trial service. You're wrong as to why most games nowadays are F2P by the way: F2P games make a lot more cash per user than decent B2P or F2P MMORPGs. It's not that subscription based games have a hard time, it's just that that business model isn't popular anymore.

PS: Please never take Steam statistics seriously when it comes to MMORPGs. Most MMORPGs are fairly oldschool and still use their own launcher meaning that only a small minority of their respective playerbase is covered by Steam statistics which in turn makes these pretty much worthless.

20. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

BDO: Good idea, bad delivery and execution. Kinda like this:

Thelemna and Phoenixxx75 like this.