1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: How would you describe BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fearless V, May 26, 2019.

?

Would you say BDO is more ___________ and why.

1. Gear and level based!

2. Skill based!

3. Cash Shop based!

4. AFK based

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rustbucket

kutum, kutum ect ... TET - PET and gear AP's it's all what's count in the game , It still a game for players with BIG Billions on silver.
    Look i m a player that are lvl 60 ingame , so i grind every day , still having a gear from 204 AP - 205 - 269 , but i don't having the billions on silver for buy a kutum gear on the market - enchantment that you see ingame thats fails fro 3 or 4 billions , it's allmost for crying to see this as normal player.
    Give the change on normal players to have a kutum gear , work with a ranking system , player that spend uhr's on play time that urn a level trough fishing , trading , grinding ect give them a rank on max AP like lvl 60 give them automaticly 240 AP , but offcours players that grind alot or what ever let them upgrade the gear trough put stones in it ect ... so low level 60 player or 61 lvl's ca never play the game like they wanna play it.

My english is'nt not so well , at the moment it's all what counts for some players thats is this KUTUM gear and AP

2. Alicia Dominica

Gear- (and level to some degree) based with simple time-investment being the primary means of progression. This game has always rewarded the investment of a large amount of hours on easy repetitive tasks above all else. This absurd cash-shop p2w narrative pushed by unemployed no-lifers and/or students with no real disposable income is completely ridiculous as progression primarily driven through the cash-shop (costume melting, artisans) takes such an absurd amount of money compared to simply dumping the hours into it. Pearl to silver ratio has always been so poor that the handful of players going that "full p2w" route still won't end up surpassing those that just no-life the game (... not to mention the latter simply scammed the pearl-gifts and now with the new marketplace simple get it from there). Unless of course we are talking about mythical whales with unlimited time and unlimited cash - we all believe in fairytales, right. How many of those do you think exist when compared to the unemployed no-lifers carried by EU/NA welfare systems. Disgusting.

Anyway, time-investment has always triumphed over money-investment. Not saying that the latter cannot give a decent enough boost, but in the end the p2w narrative is pushed by people without the means to invest money into the game and we all know how that goes.

3. Escapism

Im not able to answer the survey because its single-choice and answers 1, 3 and 4 are all correct with 2 being an obvious blooper. That means either you're just asking for our emotional/subjective opinion on the matter, or you're trying to test the average users intelligence in this forum by checking how many are able to randomly select one of the 75% correct answers.

Then again, the term "skill" is badly in need of a redefinition in gaming these days. The days where skill usually meant fast reflexes, hand-eye-coordination, strategic planning and execution or high APM are a thing of the past.

With the games that are thrown at us these days, just being able to "endure" them for more than a few days or weeks already requires a certain type of skill (or a certain type of medical condition). Also managing a proper work-life balance and calculating just how much cash you can safely afford to dump on a game becomes a more and more important skill in modern gaming as well.

4. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Meanwhile you have bdo p2w avatar. You're full of **** man.

5. Stackbrick

This is pathetic, people dont support the cash shop because it is beyond greedy not because they dont have money. In what world does not supporting things like a 50$ virtual campsite make you by default an unemployed welfare abuser?

flukeSG1, Kurano and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Hawkes

This is why taking breaks from BDO is not only necessary but warranted. When the weather is better, save your cheddar!

7. Boink

I love it when adults like yourself can't cope with your own addiction that you label others as "unemployed no-life", students with no real disposable income to make your claims this is not a p2w game.

So the people that conducted research about p2w games are technically wrong because you know how that goes.... People that are "unemployed no-life" and students are the problem.

P2C narrative is old and not mathematically sound. If you yourself suggesting it gives decent boost to your progression and what you suggest about disposable income.

Addiction is one hell of a drug. They can't even fathom reality anymore.

flukeSG1 and Kurano like this.
  8. Alicia Dominica

Supposedly in the same world where a 50$ virtual campsite makes the game cash-shop-driven. I didn't argue against the cash-shop being greedy (it is), my point was simply that the amount of cash required to drive progression through p2w is absurd compared to how you can drive progression through simple time-investment. That and the fact that there are far more players able to sink in the hours rather than the cash.

See the reply above. The people you mentioned are a problem when they create fairytales about how the game is unbalanced because of "p2w", while in truth it's the players with absurd amount of hours played combined with pearl-store-scams and pearl-items bought on marketplace completely dominating the game. I am long past arguing at what point a game is being considered "p2w" (opinions differ too much), what matters to me is who comes out on top of the food-chain and how likely we are to encounter these kind of players. The mythical whale melting costumes with infinite cash just really isn't it.

Thelemna likes this.
  9. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Gear and skill should be in the same option, combat actually do require class knowledge and reaction time

10. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Aherm, it litteraly is and can be sometimes, just because you cant afford/dont do it that it dosent exists.

I know someone i like to call "dande 2k", wanna know why ?

flukeSG1 likes this.
  11. Escapism

So if the players that are dominating the game are those who have shitloads of free time AND which dumped a shitton of money into it, how is that not blatantly p2w?

Yes, dumping money alone wont get you to the top, but its still one of the requirements to get there. You literally cant reach or "beat" the top players without massive cash investments, thats the very core definition of p2w, and is far beyond anything that could be misguidingly labelled as "only p2c".

How does my avatar contradict my post above? I thought it was clear that they both express the same thing.

flukeSG1 likes this.
  12. Shastalya

Well he got some points, just dont react like he was saying bdo isnt p2w.

13. 언니*

lmao thank you for this gem~
    About this topic idk guys, I understand some people are competitive and take games too srly but in my opinion games are supposed to be fun, not something that makes you angry, disappointed, frustrated, etc. and a lot of you feel that way about this game because you turn something that it should be enjoyable in a job or a serious bussiness. Anyway the Lakiaro minigame makes you feel burned? Don't do it, there are other ways to make money, you're tired of grinding 6-8 hours stright in x place or gathering in goat mountain, don't grind/gather for that long, I can't even imagine doing something for that long without losing my freaking mind.
    You know why I'm not tired of this game and I like it so, so so much, because I login every day and do whatever I feel like doing the most. Let's say that today I want to do first some alchemy, not because it's going to make me freaking rich but because I want certain elixir or a crystal, ok lets do that, then I want to grind for an hour, fine, later I want to do some food for imperial cooking, good, and get some rocks at pilgrims, then some wood at trent and some hunting here and there just because. I've been doing almost everything that we can do and I haven't spent cash on inventory space, weight, I don't have T5 pets ( idk my pets doesn't leave anything behind) I only have invested on costumes and a few pets (some of them for a Halloween video that almost no one saw instead of grinding lol) and random things because I wanted, not because I was forced into it or need them so bad and here I am, still playing the game, enjoying every day like if it was the first one. Yeah I don't have full PEN equipment but why should I rush about it (it's not like I'll get real profit from being the best at pvp or been in the best guild, like for example being hired for a team/brand with a monthly salary and other benefits like pro gamers do in other competitive games), I'll get it some day, yeah I'm not the best at pvp but why should I (that's the best about this game you can be pvp driven or pve driven), will that make me feel better if I'll be tired or frustrated in other aspects of the game? I don't make billions per week but I make enough to keep going and enjoy things without burning out.
    So I'm not here to tell anyone how to play the game because everyone feels different about what a game should be like and what they expect from it, all I want to say is that in this game if you want to enjoy it, just that, you're not forced into anything and you don't have to empty your wallet on it every month, but if the only way you can enjoy this game is by staying profitable and relevant because that's your play style well, even in real life we have to invest to achieve things like that (it's your choice). I know some are going to hate me for having a different opinion and been clueless and whatever you want to think, but that's my humble opinion.
    Edit: fixed some mistakes and added some stuff for clarity.
    Have a great day everyone~

#33 언니*, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Dailou, flukeSG1, Ѧ| Chaotic and 3 others like this.
  14. Shastalya

BECAUSE PVP PLEB OMG GIT GUD, WANNA TAEK KASTLE OR WAT ???? ME NO PVE KAERBEER SORI

Maginha likes this.
  15. Joungf

A
    poll1.png
    says more than thousand words ....

Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  16. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

i would need 3 options to select, the game is all about cash shop (melting costumes), afk the crap out of the game to make silver and in the end its nothing but lvl and gear based. xD

flukeSG1 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Nailed it... Dudes been salty as hell forever that hes spent money on the game and still cant git gud.... Yet all those no lifers are getting all these sweet ez free gainz and he gets none and hes supported the game so much and life isnt fair.

Actively choosing to not buy pearls simply cant be possible in his eyes...

flukeSG1 likes this.
  18. Sandrituky

Sandrituky WhiteWolf Sorceress 62 EU

RNG based......
    hateful rng based........

19. BboydD

Gear=no life or rng carried or credit card.
    Then point 1 and 3 go together

20. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

I would say its mostly about gear and some skill.

Cash shop is helping... to get monies (VP+Outfits+Pets) and gear up (crons) but progression isnt based on $.